lickmerocks

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,
Melbourne have been playing really well. There midfielders are getting plenty of it.

Melbourne are due for a close win.

We better not turn up with the attitude we had against Essendon or we will cop a hiding.

This game for me will show whether we are mentally alive this season or just coasting along.

Melbourne within 2 years will be pushing top 4.:eek:

warnock garland rivers frawley is the best crop of young defenders in the competition.

Moloney Bate Mclean Sylvia Bruce Green Davey Morton Watts plus the above mentioned means they are not far off.

Hawthorn better prepare like professionals this week or risk being embarassed.

Good thread.

I would be optimistic of our chances here against the Demons. They aren't a pushover. They are being competitive.

I reckon we will win the match but it will be closer than what you think.

Melbourne have been playing really well. There midfielders are getting plenty of it.

Melbourne are due for a close win.

We better not turn up with the attitude we had against Essendon or we will cop a hiding.

I was thinking the same thing, Demons showed some pretty good form against the doggies and we will need to knock that confidence out of them early in the game.

Close down Davey and Melbourne has nobody with enough footskills to pinpoint their leading forwards.

I think the OP has a point though. I listened to the Eagles-Melbourne game last weekend and the Eagles simply took the Demons too lightly, thinking they had it won simply because they showed up. I didn't get to listen to or watch the Dogs' win but I suspect that the same thing happened.

Hopefully Clarkson will spend the week hammering home to the boys that they have an opportunity to get a positive win/loss ratio on the season and thus a springboard to launch a belated run at a top four finish and to highlight the fact that if we lose against the Demons we will be the laughing stock of the competition.

20 Goals. Get on it, this will be an absolute walk in the park.

Get there to see our percentage shoot up.

Make sure you bet early...plenty of free money to be had 60+

We only just got over the line in our last game against them.
Selected side on the day was a hell of a lot better than the side you will see this sun. Their side is a hell of a lot better now too.
No way will this be a big % booster.

20 Goals. Get on it, this will be an absolute walk in the park.

Get there to see our percentage shoot up.

Make sure you bet early...plenty of free money to be had 60+

what is the difference between the bombers game which we were suppose to win by 10 goals, and this game againts the dees, in the bombers game it was a danger game, i think this game is even more a danger game the dees have been playing better footy they just dont have the right balance atm to get them over the line.
every bottom side from here on end will be looking forward to playing hawthorn so can try and get a win over the raining premiers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn will win. Melbourne will be flat after that game with the Bulldogs.:)

they were not flat after the weagles game the week before, they still looked hungry, but i dont think the dogs are travelling as good as the weagles even though the dogs are 3rd so yesterdays game may have made the dees look better than they are coz of the dogs poor form atm...

I would've thought the Freo game was more of a danger game though. If we lost that then...:(
+1 for being shagged after the dogs game.
1 less day for them to recover too.

Every game for the rest of the year is a danger game. We only lost 5 games last year, this year we have already lost 4.

Can't afford to take any game lightly. I too thought we were going to pulverize Essendon.....most disappointing match I've seen.

Need to get a winning steak going.

Even though I was relieved we got the points against Freo, I didn't feel like it was a turning point or anything. Still turning it over way too much.

Every game for the rest of the year is a danger game. We only lost 5 games last year, this year we have already lost 4.

Can't afford to take any game lightly. I too thought we were going to pulverize Essendon.....most disappointing match I've seen.

Need to get a winning steak going.

Even though I was relieved we got the points against Freo, I didn't feel like it was a turning point or anything. Still turning it over way too much.
Hit the nail on the head.
It's only a good win imo because we have done it with a heap of kids in the side. But downside of this is that kids are generally inconsistent and what we get one week may not be there the weeks after.

Until defence is settled there is a huge onus on the midfielders, especially due to the kids and the aforementioned unsettled (and small) defence. I thought our mids would deal with bombers pretty easily. Wasnt the case and we got smashed. We need to ensure the same does not happen this week. Otherwise we lose.:(

These threads make me a bit nervous. I remember seeing a similar one before we played Essendon and thought to myself "No way is it a danger game, we'll thrash them!" Then of course we lost...

I must admit, I have a similar feeling of "No way we'll lose", so I hope there's no jinx.

Losing to Melbourne would just be embarrassing... and I would have no hope in shutting up some Geelong supporters I know!

Melbourne are very close to bring it all together in a game. Against the dogs they used the ball alot, at times over used it, and thats when it broke down. Many times I saw them stream down the centre, own the corridor, only to fumble 70 out and turn it over. They arent to far away from landing a win and they could give us a real shake if we dare snore.

Important to win this week but just as important that we turn up for the first bounce switched on and ready to play high level team footy.

No need to mention the PA or Essendon and Richmond losses is there. We all remember! :D

Every game is a danger game as far as i'm concerned.

And i'm sure all the coaching staff at Hawthorn would also realise this and be prepared for this match.

If we are switched ON,then having 14 premiership players in the team should give us the edge, over a young and less experience side.

Although they are not that much younger than the Hawks side.

We only just got over the line in our last game against them.
Selected side on the day was a hell of a lot better than the side you will see this sun. Their side is a hell of a lot better now too.
No way will this be a big % booster.

Absolutely positively right I remember the same things said against Melbourne last year and they were not as good a team. Under estimate them at our own peril.

Remove this Banner Ad

massive danger game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back