Match 27 - Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I've no idea what he was trying to do. He looked like he just wanted to put his hands on him which is why I joked about tickling him. But regardless of his intentions, it didn't impact on Hussey's capacity to run.
I agree that it didn't cost the stars a run but the fact is that he tried to grab a batsman during live play in an attempt to slow him up.. It looked bloody awful and I don't know what was going through his head.. The ball wasn't even near them so he couldn't even pretend he was trying to field it, he just blatantly tried to grab him (well thats how it looked to me)..​

Since when are you allowed to grab a batsman and prevent him from completing a run?? If that happened in a test match there would be total uproar.. It was a pathetic act and should be punished via fine or suspension..

The only thing Warne did wrong was grab Samuels by the jumper..

The only bloke who looked a fool was the dipsh*t who hurled his bat because a ball travelling 5kms per hour hit him on the arm..

Im staggered Warne is being made out to be the villain here..

There was about an hour delay in between the two incidents, including the innings break. Plenty of time for tempers to have cooled down. Warne is a ******* for bringing it back up so late. It was a cynical and calculated attempt to put Samuels off his game because the Stars were getting flogged at that stage.

Found some footage, poor quality though. It's so weird the way Warne just randomly goes off after Samuels blocks a ball. Almost looks staged.

There was about an hour delay in between the two incidents, including the innings break. Plenty of time for tempers to have cooled down. Warne is a ******* for bringing it back up so late. It was a cynical and calculated attempt to put Samuels off his game because the Stars were getting flogged at that stage.
Since when is there a time frame on when a sledge is acceptable?? You've just said that it was an attempt at putting Samuels off, so that is just good old fashioned sledging then isn't it? Didn't know sledges had expiry dates..

And a case can be made that Warne was trying to lob the ball to the keeper when it hit Samuels (I don't believe he was but he could claim it).. Samuels has literally no excuse for his moronic actions....

One thing i've noticed is that Samuels clearly gets to people. Like Sreesanth or even Harbarjhan without the overthetopness. Thought tonight Shane Warne was pretty poor. Particularly at the end when he's saying he's trying to lob the ball to the keeper what a load of bullshit. The way he grabbed Samuels shirt was just stupid too.

Seriously, just saw the Samuels grab of Hussey. Laughed my ****ing ass off. Looked like the most innocent of brain fades where Marlon forgot that batsmen are meant to run. It was like he was trying to stop a kid from running on to the road.

Nothing in that for Warne to get worked up on...

Hahaha wow. I just saw the Hussey/Marlon incident. Barely touched him.

Warne is a f**king moron, plain & simple. Also lol at Hussey trying to get a run out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marlon is dickhead. He cheated and deserved everything that came to him. I would have belted Samuels if he tried to prevent that run from me and then wouldn't have apologized, ever. Yes, all the stars fans are defending Warne, and yes, all the non-Stars fans are persecuting him, but if it were your team's captain you would have defended him till the cows come home. I mean, the ball was coming at him at what, 3 km/h? Give me a break, you blokes are just looking for an excuse to hate on Warne.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Marlon Samuels right now. Unusually I don't even give a shit about the fact that he has a broken eye socket. He's a campaigner.

What Samuels did to Hussey was very minor, the replay showed he hardly restricted, him

Hussey has actually defended Samuels over that incident

Hussey described the initial incident, when Samuels grabbed his shirt to block him, as "a bit of gamesmanship", but said there was a plan for the Stars bowlers to be full of aggression towards the Renegades after posting a modest target of 146.
"He [Samuels] tried to block me to prevent me from taking a two, but in hindsight it probably prevented me from running myself out, so it was probably a good thing," Hussey said after the match.

Hussey has actually defended Samuels over that incident
Um, how is that defending him? All he said is that it probably stopped him from being run out. Samuels was still cheating.

Um, how is that defending him? All he said is that it probably stopped him from being run out. Samuels was still cheating.

Uhh Hussey was clearly defending him read again.

Cricket Australia (CA) has today advised that Shane Warne, Marlon Samuels and Cameron White have been charged with breaching CA’s Code of Behaviour following the KFC T20 Big Bash League match between the Melbourne Stars and the Melbourne Renegades at the MCG last night.

Shane Warne has been charged with four alleged breaches:
• Rule 2.1 – Show serious dissent at an umpire’s decision
• Rule 2.2 – Engage in inappropriate and deliberate physical contact with other players or officials
• Rule 2.5 – Throw the ball at or near a player or official in an inappropriate and/or dangerous manner
• Rule 2.6 – Use language that is obscene, offensive or of a generally insulting nature to another player, official or spectator

Marlon Samuels has been charged with two alleged breaches:
• Rule 2.2 – Engage in inappropriate and deliberate physical contact with other players or officials
• Rule 6 – Unbecoming Behaviour, namely that “players and officials must not at any time engage in behaviour unbecoming to a representative player or official that could (a) bring them or the game of cricket into disrepute or (b) be harmful to the interests of cricket.

Cameron White has been charged with one alleged breach:
• Rule 1.2 – Show dissent at an umpire’s decision

Each of the hearings will take place at a time to be shortly determined.

Marlon is dickhead. He cheated and deserved everything that came to him. I would have belted Samuels if he tried to prevent that run from me and then wouldn't have apologized, ever. Yes, all the stars fans are defending Warne, and yes, all the non-Stars fans are persecuting him, but if it were your team's captain you would have defended him till the cows come home. I mean, the ball was coming at him at what, 3 km/h? Give me a break, you blokes are just looking for an excuse to hate on Warne.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Marlon Samuels right now. Unusually I don't even give a shit about the fact that he has a broken eye socket. He's a silly.

If Warne had a problem with what Samuels did to Hussey then why didn't he speak to Samuels at the end of the Tarts innings ?
He was out there batting [well hiding at the non-strikers end] and Samuels was out there fielding.He could've have a friendly chat to Samuels and said he shouldn't have done that,but nooooooooooo warne had to have a massive meltdown.

My take of the incidents... and I say this as a fan of Warne and Samuels as players.

The Samuels / Hussey incident

Samuels was having a bit of a play with Hussey attempting to pretend to prevent him from the second, unaware that the ball had been misfielded and there was the actual possibility of a 2nd. It was intended as a bit of fun but he shouldn't have done it and a simple aplogy should have sufficed, nevertheless you should not be touching players on the field regardless.

Warne / Samuels

Warne was trying to upset the Renegades and Samulels given recent controversies and get in his head. He went way beyond gamesmanship and by rights should be looking at a holiday that might mean he has played his last game of serious cricket. You can't argue that he was legitimately trying to throw the ball back to Quiney when he hit Samuels. Given the barrage Samuels had gone through he was always going to explode.

Warne as captain showed a poor example to every young cricketer in the country of how not to play the game.

Two Matches minimum.

Samuels - a reprimand for throwing the bat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Match 27 - Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back