Match of the round this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

clearly Crows v Swans you self centered eagles twit

Yeah that's going to be a real goal scoring fest isn't it? (i predict that 10-12 goals will win that game, might even be less)
Both them teams play with a 9+ man backline....

Didnt those 2 play in possibly the most boring game of footy ever last year??

No that was Richmond vs Adelaide .... 20 plus uncontested marks for Bowden i think it was from memory.

Yeah that's going to be a real goal scoring fest isn't it? (i predict that 10-12 goals will win that game, might even be less)
Both them teams play with a 9+ man backline....

No that was Richmond vs Adelaide .... 20 plus uncontested marks for Bowden i think it was from memory.

Do we get more points if we win while scoring 20 goals or more? no? okay i didn't think so....

It won't be the closest game of the week, but with all the off-field stuff revolving around both presidents, surely the Richmond v Doggies game may have a little spite in it.

Any game that gets close to the Bombers v Blues game will be a walk up start. That game was levels above most games I have seen for a long time.

The 'Match Of The Round' according to the package the AFL sends to European sporting stations (Eurosports, SKY etc) over the last three weeks has been as follows:
Round 1 - Sydney v West Coast
Round 2 - Sydney v Richmond
Round 3 - Sydney v Brisbane

I sense a bit of a pattern developing. I think I'll get to see Adelaide this Sunday night.

No-one has mentioned Pies vs. Power yet, and this game could be really good. 2 teams with 2-1 win loss record, at the MCG in front of hopefully a big crowd, and both teams play very attacking, and direct style playing. Should be a belter of a game.

Last time Carlton went over to Subi to take on WCE, WCE had just come of a remarkable come from behind win over Geelong - now Carlton are the ones coming off the remarkable come from behind win - I'm tipping confidence to really take Carlton all the way. Only just.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'Match Of The Round' according to the package the AFL sends to European sporting stations (Eurosports, SKY etc) over the last three weeks has been as follows:

I sense a bit of a pattern developing. I think I'll get to see Adelaide this Sunday night.

Why not saturday?

Do we get more points if we win while scoring 20 goals or more? no? okay i didn't think so....

Not that I want them to do this, but..

If they really wanted to stop defensive play and turn AFL into a high speed attacking game.. all they need to do is add a bonus point if you score over 20 goals.

Everyone would get their wish of every game being a shoot out then....
Personally I like the wide variety of matches, some close hard contests. Some shoot outs..

clearly Crows v Swans you self centered eagles twit

Can you have a double-tautology?

Where do I sign up? ;)

Why not saturday?

It's not live. Eurosport show an almost complete version of the 'Match Of The Round' (i.e Sydney versus ...) at 11:15 Sunday night. They also have a one hour highlights package of all eight matches hidden away in the wee hours at random times up to a week later.

AFL is not a huge priority in Europe. I'm just happy to have any coverage - that we get almost an entire game on the very same weekend it occurred is just a bonus.

It's not live. Eurosport show an almost complete version of the 'Match Of The Round' (i.e Sydney versus ...) at 11:15 Sunday night. They also have a one hour highlights package of all eight matches hidden away in the wee hours at random times up to a week later.

AFL is not a huge priority in Europe. I'm just happy to have any coverage - that we get almost an entire game on the very same weekend it occurred is just a bonus.

You probably see more of Sydney than i do then, although this season has been better. Including this saturday's match against the Crows, i will have seen 3 of the first 4 games.

I think a few should check total scores from last year...Crows came third I think, so makes a few posters here look a little foolish doesnt it.

I think the Collingwood v Port game will be interesting.

Crows v Swans...Crows have a good record of breaking their shackles, but will be close.

I also agree with others who say...Freo v Melbourne. A huge game for both clubs.

To say that West Coast and Carlton will be match of the round is hardly bignoting the Eagles, they are on top after all, I think people are saying that Carlton may surprise a few people and provide a good contest like last time. I mean, we wouldnt say that if we were playing, say, Melbourne.

Would we??

To say that West Coast and Carlton will be match of the round is hardly bignoting the Eagles, they are on top after all, I think people are saying that Carlton may surprise a few people and provide a good contest like last time. I mean, we wouldnt say that if we were playing, say, Melbourne.

Would we??

Should be a good game and really looking forward too it. After last year i think we can come close if not win it.

Some good mathcups should be

Fevola vs Glass Lynch vs Sentanta Hunter vs Waite( Both ends of the ground) but i'm really looking forward to the midfield battle

Judd vs Walker(will probably get the job) but would love to see him head to head against murphy

Stevens/murphy vs Stenglein stenglein got murphy last time but stevens is our best midfielder

Kerr vs Stevens/Murphy whoever is left over.

Would love to see Gibbs in there too

Should be a great game good luck

I'd say Syd vs Crows prospectively be the best match of the round, myself though I am definately interested in the result between the high flying Demons & Freo as the result might help determine which coach I put some money on.

Would we??

Fair point, but i'm not sure ladder positions have much to do with the result, i just hope it's closer than most West Coast & Carlton matches at Subi, a game like last year would be great! For mine it's Melbourne V Fremantle, if they can't go into that game with all guns blazing, then there's something wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Match of the round this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back