Match-ups vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

He is too fast for Mal and too strong for Fletch. So I don't know.

I think Michael is who I'd go with. Hawkins won't get the ball delivered lace out every time (we can always dream though!), and if it's kicked in long Michael has the strength, plus a great amount of experience. Obviously Hawkins would then have to get on his bike and run Michael around. Easier said than done.

Besides, you wouldn't want Fletcher anchored in the goalsquare, he's far more dangerous setting up play.

hawkins has only kicked 3 goals in the past 4 vfl matches. he is a pudgy little kid who only did well at a under 18 level because he was 20kg heavier than his opponents.

whether it be mal, fletch or paddy they will towell him up. look for fletch or paddy to play on him as hawkins is terrible defensively and we would be able to hurt the cats going the other way.

Mate, it is clear you are just guessing here. His defensive skills are fine, in the Melbourne game alone, he laid 2 huge tackles when the Dees were running the ball out, which resulted in him getting free kicks.

Its clear u dont rate him, unlike the talent scouts of the 15 other AFL clubs..who should i believe...:rolleyes:

I would be. He's inexperienced but he still has a job to do.

As we're the guests, I'll ask the Essendon fans - Mooney is by far our best key forward - who would you play on him?
If he plays around CHF, probably Ryder, but if he plays deep around FF probably Fletcher, im pretty sure Mal will play on Hawkins tonight. I don't think any of these forwards will be much of a worry, i think we are going to have trouble with S.J which is why i think we should play Fletcher on him, i would love McPhee to play on him but im just not that confident in his defensive skills anymore so i don't think he'd be up to the task.

Mate, it is clear you are just guessing here. His defensive skills are fine, in the Melbourne game alone, he laid 2 huge tackles when the Dees were running the ball out, which resulted in him getting free kicks.

Its clear u dont rate him, unlike the talent scouts of the 15 other AFL clubs..who should i believe...:rolleyes:

i was at the melbourne/geelong game and his 2nd and 3rd efforts were non existent. once he made one lead he just gave up and he didn't chase when the ball was run out of defence.

all i'm saying is that for the "lockett" hype he received he has been very disappointing. i have heard that c.gardiner has been in better form than hawkins

i was at the melbourne/geelong game and his 2nd and 3rd efforts were non existent. once he made one lead he just gave up and he didn't chase when the ball was run out of defence.

all i'm saying is that for the "lockett" hype he received he has been very disappointing. i have heard that c.gardiner has been in better form than hawkins

Is that because lockett was well known for his 2nd and 3rd efforts?

charlie has been playing up forward in a position as stated before with kings injury hawkins has been helping out west in the ruck at vfl level so has been played a little out of position. Hawkins was in the best for the vfl a couple of weeks ago and conditions will suit him a little more at the dome. Gardiner is a mobile hf at best at afl level where as hawkins is a leading (inside 50) player who has the size to play key position.

Considering he was only supposed to play a couple of games this year, i beg to differ. Charlie Gardiner is in his 85th year (or so it seems) of AFL footy. By the way, Pluggers first season - 12 games, 19 goals. Care to compare first years?

I was at the game too, and i saw 2 run-downs from behind that resulted in holding-the-ball. You must have missed those.

That's impossible. Hawkins is a footballer, Gardiner isn't.

Put it this way, you've got someone who is in his sixth year of senior football, has played just 50 games, and shown virtually nothing in all that time. Or, you could go for an 18 year old who has played 6 games in his debut season, for 3 good ones and 3 poor ones, and looked very dangerous at times.

Who would you choose?

That's impossible. Hawkins is a footballer, Gardiner isn't.

Put it this way, you've got someone who is in his sixth year of senior football, has played just 50 games, and shown virtually nothing in all that time. Or, you could go for an 18 year old who has played 6 games in his debut season, for 3 good ones and 3 poor ones, and looked very dangerous at times.

Who would you choose?

Courtney Johns, he is the Next Big Thing...:rolleyes:

Courtney Johns, he is the Next Big Thing...:rolleyes:
Hope he kicks 6 tonight ;)

Seriously N Ablett going out is a huge loss imo. He has been playing some very good footy. I watched Geelong in the VFL a few weeks back and Hawkins did struggle a bit but no noubt he will be a star in the future. To be honest i don't think he should be playing tonight but i suppose you dont have any suitable replacements for Ablett. I expect Paddy might go to the Tomahawk whilst Mal takes Mooney. Not too sure who Fletch will take, he might have to take Hawkins and try and run off him. Leaving Ryder on SJ which i think would be a decnt matchup now ythat i think about it.

Hope he kicks 6 tonight ;)

Seriously N Ablett going out is a huge loss imo. He has been playing some very good footy. I watched Geelong in the VFL a few weeks back and Hawkins did struggle a bit but no noubt he will be a star in the future. To be honest i don't think he should be playing tonight but i suppose you dont have any suitable replacements for Ablett. I expect Paddy might go to the Tomahawk whilst Mal takes Mooney. Not too sure who Fletch will take, he might have to take Hawkins and try and run off him. Leaving Ryder on SJ which i think would be a decnt matchup now ythat i think about it.

There will be some good matchups, thats for sure. I dont believe Hawkins is up to Nathans standards, but he is a decent replacement. At least he will take a good defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Match-ups vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back