Mathew Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

You cannott tell me Bickley, Hart and Clark are the best ass. coaches out there

Do you know that they aren't the best assistants available?

I suspect that they were chosen because they're a known quantity, and being locals they're probably cheaper.

certainly dont want anymore or yes men as thats why we stumbled into the disaster that was this season.

How do you know they're yes men? (other than the undeniable evidence of Carl's transcripts :)

And how do we know that that is the cause of our terrible season?

Anyone remember that weird rev up speech Pav gave to the Freo boys once that got caught on tape, maybe last year? Made me chuckle.

He has left his contract until after the season almost every time. He signed on earlier for his last contract only because there was so much commotion over Connolly.

Ah cheers

I remember reading an article by Basset saying he played with Pavlich in a state game. Pavlich's speech to the group before the game was disappointing compared to some others who also spoke. Basset suspected that his development had been stymied by the quality of the coaches he had played under.

I didn't see the show and although it would be hard to judge a person on one pre-game talk, it is a reminder that sometimes a good player does not make a good coach.

Get yourself a viewing of the Great Man on " One Week at a time" 31/05/2010.
Sterling stuff!
Pav's development must have come on in leaps and bounds.
Great speaker, great Captain!

Seeing the footage of Pavlich at the under 18 state carnival makes me even more confused at John Reid's explanation at why we didn't draft him when we had the chance.
Sure he was heavy but so was Matthew Golding when he drafted a few years before him.
I would love to see him return home and play for us but I don't think it will happen.

Seeing the footage of Pavlich at the under 18 state carnival makes me even more confused at John Reid's explanation at why we didn't draft him when we had the chance.
Sure he was heavy but so was Matthew Golding when he drafted a few years before him.
I would love to see him return home and play for us but I don't think it will happen.

Every club missed him as a 17 yo. I'm going to guess the footage you're watching is the following year when he dominated.

Every club missed him as a 17 yo. I'm going to guess the footage you're watching is the following year when he dominated.

The footage I saw was on One Week at a time on Monday. He played on Jason Blake. He was the captain in that match. I'm not sure how old is in that match.
Just after John Reid's retirement he said in an interview(I think it was on channel 10 or 5AA) that Pavlich's weight was part of the reason for not drafting him. Exact words Pav had a big bum.

The footage I saw was on One Week at a time on Monday. He played on Jason Blake. He was the captain in that match. I'm not sure how old is in that match.
Just after John Reid's retirement he said in an interview(I think it was on channel 10 or 5AA) that Pavlich's weight was part of the reason for not drafting him. Exact words Pav had a big bum.

Yep, he was drafted at #4 that year by Fremantle, we didn't get the chance. The previous year each club was allowed to draft one underager, we picked McGregor who was a superior player at the time and really was a decent pick so late in the draft, at least better than Adam Morgan who Port drafted. The only reason it is brought up so often is because he's an Adelaide boy McGregor and Pav were at the same club. Even their coach pushed for Kenny to be drafted over Pav at the time.

Now FFS, can we have this stickied? You'd think people would get over this ridiculous myth after 10+ years.

^
Here here.

It's so ridiculously stupid for this topic to even be brought up again. We've had a couple of chances already and as we know we didn't get him. For what it's worth I think with him in the side we would have won at least one of the 2005 or 2006 flags.

For some reason McDermott has written this article, which has now been seen around the country and makes the Crows look embarrasing to Pavlich, Freo, WA and the Australian footy public.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mathew Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back