Toast Mathew Stokes 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny that it feels like he's been around for more than a 100 games. I suppose it's about right though; he has definitely lifted from last year, approaching his 07 form. Congrats Matty:thumbsu:

Sorry to intrude :)

As a Woodville-West Torrens supporter here in Adelaide, I was always amazed that Stoker was always overlooked in the draft. Although I was sad to see him finally drafted, it's great that he's taken the next step and is doing well for the Cats.

Cheers.

Onya Stokesy :thumbsu:
He's having a ripper year and is probably one player benefiting from Moneybags Jr going.He's getting a midfield run which he probably wouldn't have got.
Moons is going to have to give his little man a big hug pre-game seeing as though he won't be playing,unless Stokes carries him out as a substitute child ;)

Love ya Stokesy.

Been through a lot and always come out better for it, and a better player.

One of my favourites that's for sure.

Let's celebrate his 100th with a big win on Saturday night!!

Thought he maybe overtaken at some point this year with Motlop, Bundy, Byrnes, Guthrie, etc all coming thru.

But his form has been very good - so congratulations and keep tackling.

He's had some real highs and lows throughout his career but this year is a testament to his character because he's not only bounced back from personal lows but even managed to transform himself into a much better, more rounded footballer.

He seems to be happier and more content, too, which is no doubt helping his football.
Long may it continue.

Congratulations Stoker. Under-rated by many (especially on this board!) but obviously not by his team-mates.

3 valuable goals in the '07 PF, miraculous return to the field in the '07 GF. Put team first in '09 and has worked hard to make amends for his off-field indiscretion.

Mooney loves him, so he must be a good bloke!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Stokesy!
Along with J Corey and Ottens was written off by many on here in the pre season.
It's a credit to him to be able to bounce back in the way he has and become such a well rounded contributing player... :thumbsu:

Another one that has benefitted greatly by the departure of "he who shall not be named". Rather than going stale in f/pocket, he has stepped up with "on the ball" responsibities.
Great stuff :thumbsu:

Well done to Stokesy. I must say I wasn't sure he'd command a regular spot this year but it's been a pleasant surprise - his consistency this year has been the most impressive thing. Good on him.

Congratulations Stoker. Under-rated by many (especially on this board!) but obviously not by his team-mates.

3 valuable goals in the '07 PF, miraculous return to the field in the '07 GF. Put team first in '09 and has worked hard to make amends for his off-field indiscretion.

Mooney loves him, so he must be a good bloke!

Spot on I.B and they are conspicuous by their absence in this thread :rolleyes:

After last years drama the little guy has payed the club back in the best possible way.
Congratulations Matt Stokes, number 1 small forward by a mile.

Great job of work, Stoker.

I really admire blokes who can pull their head in after stuffing up and rise above it, and Stokesy has certainly done that. To err is human (or Hawthorn) after all. Stokes is a great club man who was all class in 2009 when he applied the lessons of 2008 & put club above ego in the GF. And he is now in career best form imo, and his game has become well rounded & utterly reliable.

I very much doubt that he'll miss getting a second premiership gong this year, and if Selwood or Harry don't get the Norm Smith, Stoker will.

(BTW: Moonz loves everybody, he's just a big softy at the core.)

Well done Stoker....played really well this year and added another dimension to your game. Played forward, back and midfield this year and performed each time.

Great work and congrats on your 100.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Mathew Stokes 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back