Matt Giteau...seriously

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt get to see the 2nd half was too late an i fell asleep at halftime

But Pocock was sensational in that first half.
Was laying tackle after tackle and was always there on his feet trying to pinch the ball.
Plus scored a try for his efforts.
Unless he ran out of steam in 2nd half he surely deserved motm because it was his wok that helped setup tht win.

An totally agree Giteau is so much better at inside centre an is the only position he should be playing.

Pocock was replaced at halftime- played the last 15 minutes of the first half with a broken thumb. But if you could award a 40 minute MOTM he would have been damn close!

Dead agree on Giteau- he is a 12!:thumbsu:

Disagree, Genia's passing was poor in my books. Nowhere near MOTM.

Disagree, his passing was fine and he took a number of high balls superbly. You also have to admit that Smith was good when he came on. Also, how did McCaw win the player of the year when he was injured for most of the year and infringes at every friggin break down? He is the biggest cheater in the game.

Disagree, his passing was fine and he took a number of high balls superbly. You also have to admit that Smith was good when he came on. Also, how did McCaw win the player of the year when he was injured for most of the year and infringes at every friggin break down? He is the biggest cheater in the game.

I suggest you wantch the game again. All 3 players in the halves (Cooper, Giteau and Genia) passed pretty poorly on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Passes were above people heads, etc. Plus I don't think Genia ran the ball that much. He was solid, nothing more nothing less. Smith played okay, Pocock still killed him in terms of impact. As for McCaw, he was my tip. They awar it on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis on all the key tests this year. I had him down for 22 votes in the tri nations alone.

Being at the Cardiff game was the most unbelievable experience of my rugby days. HOLY SHIT.

The place was amazing, the crowd, when cheering (which wasnt often as we were so dominant) was insane. When trhe Wlesh ran out i have a video of it and it is so cool to watch.

Welsh were understrength sure, but our defence was just do smothering. they had no hope. the phase of play when the Welsh rang up about 18 phases in a row only for Smith to turn the ball over and have it booted down into Welsh territory was sensational. There was no hope for the Welsh to break our line. When we did it so easily must have hurt them.

Pocock's 1st half was just that dominant, and then for Smith to come on and be almost as dominant was amazing to see. Pocock was just everywhere, pilfering and tackling the bloody lights out. I wanted Pocock to get MOTM on teh first 40 alone!

We saw again how much better Gits is at 12 as he really was playing there and Quade at 10 despite the numbers on their backs. it was just obvious. if he isnt named at 12 lets just hope they keep up with the gameplan they are using, when he just drifts out and Quade steps in to first receiver (or Barnes when he returns).

Benny Robinson is the best prop in the world i dont care what anyone says. SO SO SO SO dominant. Was pretty funny, me and my mates and the guys we were sitting with were just saying like 'yep another penalty here thanks Benny' and would you know it happened every time haha. Plus around the groudn there is just about no more effective front rower out there.

Mumm was fantastic and showed why he is so much better than the Chis.

Cliffy was shattering in defence, not so much in attack but my god he had a wonderful tour.

And of course Rocky, perpertual motion himself.

So happy i was there to see the game. and the night out in cardiff after the game was unbelievable. Every welshman wanted to talk for an hour with us just cause we had wallabies jerseys on. Shows how much they love the game, not just how much they love the Welsh team. Genuinely brilliant people.

Being at the Cardiff game was the most unbelievable experience of my rugby days. HOLY SHIT.

The place was amazing, the crowd, when cheering (which wasnt often as we were so dominant) was insane. When trhe Wlesh ran out i have a video of it and it is so cool to watch.

Welsh were understrength sure, but our defence was just do smothering. they had no hope. the phase of play when the Welsh rang up about 18 phases in a row only for Smith to turn the ball over and have it booted down into Welsh territory was sensational. There was no hope for the Welsh to break our line. When we did it so easily must have hurt them.

Pocock's 1st half was just that dominant, and then for Smith to come on and be almost as dominant was amazing to see. Pocock was just everywhere, pilfering and tackling the bloody lights out. I wanted Pocock to get MOTM on teh first 40 alone!

We saw again how much better Gits is at 12 as he really was playing there and Quade at 10 despite the numbers on their backs. it was just obvious. if he isnt named at 12 lets just hope they keep up with the gameplan they are using, when he just drifts out and Quade steps in to first receiver (or Barnes when he returns).

Benny Robinson is the best prop in the world i dont care what anyone says. SO SO SO SO dominant. Was pretty funny, me and my mates and the guys we were sitting with were just saying like 'yep another penalty here thanks Benny' and would you know it happened every time haha. Plus around the groudn there is just about no more effective front rower out there.

Mumm was fantastic and showed why he is so much better than the Chis.

Cliffy was shattering in defence, not so much in attack but my god he had a wonderful tour.

And of course Rocky, perpertual motion himself.

So happy i was there to see the game. and the night out in cardiff after the game was unbelievable. Every welshman wanted to talk for an hour with us just cause we had wallabies jerseys on. Shows how much they love the game, not just how much they love the Welsh team. Genuinely brilliant people.

A game over in Europe (especially Wales and Ireland games) would be so much better than a Wallabies game here where the crowds are silent.

Yeh dude, it was unbelievable before the game. They all get up and sing this song together before the anthems and before the teams run out (think Waltzing Matilda x about 10000) and then as they all run out they have these flames going off and music blaring and the crowd go nuts. More nuts than any crowd i have ever seen. As i said, as we were so good on the night they were silenced pretty quickly, but my god they love their rugby like no other group of people ive come into contact with. And genuinely accomodating and friendly people.

We were so lucky that this was the game we organised to go to. It was the only game that really fitted into our plans of where we had already been and where we wanted to go to next, and it happened to be the best Wallabies performance of the Tour and arguably of the year. Dont know which was better, a somewhat understrength yet very confident Wales team in Cardiff or a barnstorming Boks side at home in Brissy....both great games by the guys.

Was still the best Wallabies performance i have seen live, without a doubt. And the best experience of my rugby watching life, young though it may be!

Maybe when he plays centre. He is NOT a "seriosly good" fly half that is for sure.

Swans, glad you had a great time. I plan on going over there for the entire spring tour next year (just did not have the money this year as I went to the French Open and Wimbledon). I will say this you are lucky you did not pay to see the Scotland disaster! The Wales game showed how useless Chislom is and I swear if he is near the Australian side in the future, we have massive issues. I don't think Mumm is the answer but he deserves a chance, I hope NSW play him in the 2nd row. That Wales game was the best game from the Wallabies in about 8 years!

Yeh mate, me and my friends were actually saying and will be saying for years to come thank god we got to go to the Wales game and not the Scotland one. It was luckily the only game that fit into our travel plans perfectly. Thank god for that!

You know the funny thing..two of my mates went to the Scotland game, and decided not to go to the Wales or England games as they thought we'd lose! To say I gave them a bit would be an understatement!

Hahaha that is hilarious, poor blokes.

Btw, while i was in England i picked up a rugby magazine and had a read of it. I was very interested in the top 10 players in the world right now according to one of their journos, Stephen Jones, who is apparently known for making inflammatory comments just for the hell of it.

His top 10 was:

1. Juan Martin Hernandez
2. Simon Shaw
3. Richie McCaw
4. Sergio Parisse
5. Matt Giteau
6. Imanol Harinodorquy
7. Jamie Roberts
8. Victor Matfield
9. Rodrigo Roncero
10. Jonny Wilkinson

Would be very interested to hear what you make of all that, bombers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Giteau...seriously

Remove this Banner Ad

Back