Matt Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey did youse no that Will Slades brother plays for those collingwood maggots. His name is Ben Sinclair. I still think Will was better for us. Matt Scarlett once waved at me when I saw him in the street and yelled out at him. Him and his mates were laughing pretty hard whne I yelled at him.

Hey did youse no that Will Slades brother plays for those collingwood maggots. His name is Ben Sinclair. I still think Will was better for us. Matt Scarlett once waved at me when I saw him in the street and yelled out at him. Him and his mates were laughing pretty hard whne I yelled at him.
Healy, no other country but Australia could produce someone like you :) respect. Keep the posts coming.

Lets hope its a bit better than Harley's book. It is a join the dots, lessons in life book. I got a signed copy expecting warts and all stories, but got nothing like that.

You can tell through his commentary work that Harley would be really pretentious like that. He's just a walking cliche, which worked as an on- field leader but just makes him one and the same now as a media personality.

Scarlett could write a ripper book (admittedly by AFL player autobiography standards :rolleyes:) if he didn't hold back and wrote it with the same brutal honesty he displayed in dealing with people throughout his playing career.
  • Growing up in Geelong with an ex- Cat for a Dad
  • Having a kid at 18
  • His attitude toward playing AFL and early relationships at the club
  • His dealings with Bomber after almost getting sacked before 2000
  • That night when Johnno broke his ankles running from the police when Scarlo was apparently with him.
  • When he and Ken Kingsley abandoned a leadership camp in the middle of the night
  • His mental struggles early in 2005
  • His outspoken support of Bomber Thompson, and the state of the club in 2006
  • The truth behind Jason Akermanis' insinuations about his arrogance in 2008
  • 'Those comments' to Robert Harvey.
  • The Ballantyne hit
  • What was said by teammates in 2007 during the LeadingTeams meeting
His general perspective on things is fascinating, just the way he talks and doesn't seem to care how people will take what he says. It's a breathe of fresh air in today's day and age of towing the company line so to speak. Considering there's been such an intriguing transformation in the Geelong Football Club and it's culture during his time there it would be fantastic to see it through the eyes of it's best player over that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back