Matt Taberner [Delisted Free Agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
As bizarre as this is, apparently, he has a few AFL clubs interested in him. His WAFL form has been pretty decent this year but his back is absolutely cooked so its just a bit odd why anyone would be interested

Demons would be a option as I think would Port. Maybe someone wants him as a ready to go rookie listed backup ?

As bizarre as this is, apparently, he has a few AFL clubs interested in him. His WAFL form has been pretty decent this year but his back is absolutely cooked so its just a bit odd why anyone would be interested

Demons would be a option as I think would Port. Maybe someone wants him as a ready to go rookie listed backup ?
Jerry Seinfeld GIF

He will be an unrestricted free agent until the list lodgement when he is officially cut, but since he is heading towards 32 there won't be any compensation for him anyway so it amounts to the same thing - just a different time to add him to the list.

I would think the most prudent course of action for a club looking at him would be to ask him to sit out of the draft, train with the club from December and then join the club list officially under the SSP as a rookie listed player.

That injury history is long, getting him through the bulk of preseason would be wise before putting pen to paper.

for some reason this guy never took off, year in year out he was going to be the next guy to step up in place of pav.
The reason was injuries. He never did a full season and his best season was the covid one which was no surprise considering it was shorter games and less of them.

Was pretty solid in the end when not carrying an injury but that was rare.

I think clubs should be more interested in Sebit Kuek 23yo 199cm tall forward/2nd ruckman who was also delisted by Freo. He is a late starter to AFL and is still a bit raw but he has those elite Sudanese athletic traits. Could be a real find for a club willing to give him another chance.

I think clubs should be more interested in Sebit Kuek 23yo 199cm tall forward/2nd ruckman who was also delisted by Freo. He is a late starter to AFL and is still a bit raw but he has those elite Sudanese athletic traits. Could be a real find for a club willing to give him another chance.
I am really hope he gets another chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Taberner [Delisted Free Agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back