List Mgmt. Matthew Clarke Drafting Record at Richmond...

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, Lynch is a massive issue.
Walking out AA/elite small forwards like Wombat and Butler was the other massive one.
Can't blame drafters for that. Higgins left us of course. Stengle-Butler-Higgins rotating around Lynch would have been formidable.

But trying to find your Lefau types is the heart of the problem, and your pick 77 Reece McKenzies etc. though that's going back further. Take it back to 2004 draft if you like. Alway the mid or HBF, never the KPF.

We are obsessed with diamond in the rough KPF, when it has never happened for us!

We paid for Jack Riewoldt, and it was transformational, just can't think of another time we spent real draft value on a KPF?

Vickery pick 8
Mcbean pick 33
Post? pick 26
Griffiths pick 19
Elton Pick 26
Coleman-Jones pick 20
Balta? pick 25
Fawcett pick 43

The club has had loads of cracks at it with picks in the first 2 rounds, that is up to 8 in the last 16 drafts I think. The only other top 10 picks in that period were spent on:

Cotchin, Martin, Conca, Vlastuin, Gibcus.

You can't criticise the club for not trying. And for a long time they just were not going to target KPF's with high picks because they had 4-5-6 rd 1 & 2 KPF's on the list through a longish period.

Vickery pick 8
Mcbean pick 33
Post? pick 26
Griffiths pick 19
Elton Pick 26
Coleman-Jones pick 20
Balta? pick 25
Fawcett pick 43

The club has had loads of cracks at it with picks in the first 2 rounds, that is up to 8 in the last 16 drafts I think. The only other top 10 picks in that period were spent on:

Cotchin, Martin, Conca, Vlastuin, Gibcus.

You can't criticise the club for not trying. And for a long time they just were not going to target KPF's with high picks because they had 4-5-6 rd 1 & 2 KPF's on the list through a longish period.
CCJ and Vickery were rucks I believe?
Balta I thought was well and truly considered a KPD
Elton Ruck/FWD?

Ben Griffiths for sure a genuine KPF. Astbury was a lead-up forward too.

Astbury is the model, pick the KPF, if it goes wrong, make them a 3x premiership defender!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Matthew Clarke Drafting Record at Richmond...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back