Matthew Egan

Remove this Banner Ad

pezza76

Rookie
Jan 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
There have been some comments made to me (but not by sources I trust) that egan may not ever make it back. His injury is deemed to be that bad that internally they believe his season is already gone. Has anyone else heard anything?

There have been some comments made to me (but not by sources I trust) that egan may not ever make it back. His injury is deemed to be that bad that internally they believe his season is already gone. Has anyone else heard anything?

From a source close to the family, I've heard that if Geelong make the grand final this year he very sadly will miss again.:(

Go CATS!!

Will be missed and very devastating for him.
Although, in the time he has been injured, we have not lost a game, won a flag and the biggest bag kicked against us would be 5, from Pavlich (I think.)

But with Harley going down, our backline could be tested. Very glad we drafted Taylor.

Hang on - are you talking season or career?

Bring back Playfair.

There was an article last week saying he was back running already and into conditioning. I think it was Balme who said that they are failry hopeful at the end of his period on the Long term injury list he will be good to go...

Not sure exactly when he was placed on LTI, but the news seemed positive. Maybe rnd 11-12?

For the 1000th time,he was put on that list in mid-March

C'mon JUBJUB. I've told you a million times not to over exaggerate.

By the way, perhaps you should cut Warrick some slack. He's running for mayor of the Gold Coast at the moment so his plate's pretty full.

There was an article last week saying he was back running already and into conditioning. I think it was Balme who said that they are failry hopeful at the end of his period on the Long term injury list he will be good to go...

Not sure exactly when he was placed on LTI, but the news seemed positive. Maybe rnd 11-12?

balme was discussing his own injury

egan out till round 16 minimum

The general feeling from the club in the press has been a positive one.
Why would they say he's progressing when he isn't?
What would the club have to gain from that?
Think it's a bit much, all this info from supposed 'sources'...
Anywho, I'll be sure to bump this thread when Matty makes his successful comeback... :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that we offered him a new contract (which he accepted, apparently) suggests to me that the club has some form of well-placed confidence in Egan's ability to come back in the near future, and contribute accordingly.

If anything, the contract situation (to me, at least) is the best indicator yet of how the club assesses Egan's status at the moment and for the future.

And that's good enough for me.

The general feeling from the club in the press has been a positive one.
Why would they say he's progressing when he isn't?
What would the club have to gain from that?
Think it's a bit much, all this info from supposed 'sources'...
Anywho, I'll be sure to bump this thread when Matty makes his successful comeback... :thumbsu:

Why would they say that Ottens rolled his ankle and is two weeks away, when he clearly had something wrong and hasn't yet returned? That 2 weeks was 10 weeks.

They say these things purposely and always have. They are not going to come out and say he's out for the year. Egan may not be progressing at all for all we know. He was meant to return round 5 at one stage. It's highly dubious he'll make it at round 17, let alone at all.

i think egan will return but i dont think he will play this season. if he does it will be a bonus thats for sure. if he isnt playing by this time next year however, thats when i will start getting worried!

i think egan will return but i dont think he will play this season. if he does it will be a bonus thats for sure. if he isnt playing by this time next year however, thats when i will start getting worried!

I tuned in half way through the interview, but Egan is on ABC radio now. He himself said that he is 6 weeks away i think (this was the first line i heard when I tuned in). Good news!

Was a good interview with Ego.
Said he will be back in the 2s in 6 weeks. And then try and regain fitness over the following 4.

People need to be careful with rumours.

wtf - what sort of injury keeps you out for this long??? i've missed the details really - be nice to hear from someone (here) what the problem is medically

wtf - what sort of injury keeps you out for this long??? i've missed the details really - be nice to hear from someone (here) what the problem is medically

James Hird missed nearly 2 years from the same injury. It's basically a break in in an area of the foot with limited bloodflow, making the healing process slow and inconsistent.

6 weeks away from VFL could mean anything. He's still struggling.

What was this interview? Does anyone have more detail about what he spoke about...

6 weeks, so i take it that puts him in the VFL around about Rnd 12/13...this is very good news. Give him a good month in the Twos and hopefully he can look at forcing his way into the seniors late in the year.

I am salivating at the prospect of Egan lining up alongside Harry Taylor, Scarlett and Harley. Forget all the drivel about the Hawthorn superstar forward line, what a backline that would be!

Egan will be such a huge addition to the side...

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Egan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back