Matthew Lloyd- inane drivel

Remove this Banner Ad

courtjester

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2008
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Last night's commentary from channel 10 was shocking, as it usually is.

But Matthew Lloyd, fair dinkum, could you be worse?

Just constantly crapped on for about 2 quarters about how Carlton's forward line structure was in trouble without Waite on the ground, "maybe they should try Betts or Judd at full forward"...blah blah...on and on, to the point it destroyed the telecast of what was a really good game.

He seems like a nice guy, but as a commentator he is rubbish.

On sen last night, he said Carlton had only 3 good players against the Tigers, Judd, Murphy and Gibbs. Muppet of the highest order.

On sen last night, he said Carlton had only 3 good players against the Tigers, Judd, Murphy and Gibbs. Muppet of the highest order.
I was at the game and I would've said similar. Carlton were very flat apart from those 3. Hampson was okay but those set shots let him down. Betts was okay in flashes.

Robbie Warnock played one of his best games for the club and Duigan and Curnow had decent debuts, personally i think it is a good sign so many players were out of form, that means vast impprovement Also our2 best defenders were ot, but Lloyd was totally insulting of our performance. Also think he had somerhing to do with Knights sacking.

Robbie Warnock played one of his best games for the club and Duigan and Curnow had decent debuts, personally i think it is a good sign so many players were out of form, that means vast impprovement Also our2 best defenders were ot, but Lloyd was totally insulting of our performance. Also think he had somerhing to do with Knights sacking.
Warnock was decent, and forgot Curnow. Duigan was okay too. But the only players you'd say were "really good" were Judd, Gibbs and Murphy. And as Lloyd said, that's got to be a bit of a concern.

Correct me if I'm wrong, was told by a mate who watched it last week, but for people who watched the Game Plan last week, did Matthew Lloyd say that Alan Didak is the equal of Jason Akermanis when comparing the current Coll team to the great Lions team of those premiership years 01-03?

Dont mind Lloydy, he does have an annoying voice but he does give opinions. He also does not seem to mind potting someone pretty honestly and brutally, he is not a member of the old boys club. A lot of the time people dont like special comments guys because they think they are biased for their old team or have got it in for that supporters club. More often than not that is a load of shite

Correct me if I'm wrong, was told by a mate who watched it last week, but for people who watched the Game Plan last week, did Matthew Lloyd say that Alan Didak is the equal of Jason Akermanis when comparing the current Coll team to the great Lions team of those premiership years 01-03?

Hahaha, surely he didn't?

Aker has reached heights Didak could only dream of... I still remember that game back in '05 against Geelong in the wet: 35 disposals, 9 tackles, and 5 goals (including two miracle goals)... It was an incredible individual performance that Didak will never emulate.

inane drivel understates Lloyds value as a commentator & the written word underlines how worthless his opinion is .... one too many dives??

Trivialising depression, what a twirp! A good game cured his depression ... if it only it were that easy for others.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/lloyd-tells-of-losing-the-battle-20110415-1di68.html

The guy is a waste of space, a loud mouthed carbon polluter that should be taxed to save us from him.:thumbsdown:

Regularly gets his tenses wrong.

You can hear his mind ticking over when he's talking and he actually changes his mind mid sentence. 'There is many carlton players going in hard today'. I cringe whenever he talks and i've always wondered what a transcript of his thoughts would read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Lloyd- inane drivel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back