Matthew Nicholls is the worst umpire in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Jonno Brown on 'On the Couch' said he heard the Carlton supporter call him a 'bald headed flog'. No homphobic slur as trying to be reported by Herald Sun. Nicholls whinged to security to have him kicked out, taken outside, held (illegally mind you as no arrest power to do so) for half and hour waiting for integrity officer. I'd sue their arse for false imprisonment by security outside the venue. Oh and by the way he think he was right.

Fair play gents.

If this happened to Carlton or Essendon I’d also be finding this very humorous. I’d be sending Nicholls a thank you card, some choccies and wine.

Collingwood has benefitted from this exact rule in the past - I think Brenton Speed posted the clips.

It’s not the outrageous injustice some are making it out to be.

One of Oscar O and Hugh M got done for it in the last year or two, for accidentally handing the ball to the other. Best thing one can do is move on - denying reality is unhealthy.

In my opinion, worst umpire I've seen is Jacob Mollison.

Agreed

I dont pay a lot of attention to the identity of umpires but when I have looked one up after a howler or some 'look at me' type decision, its overwhelmingly been this bloke.

Thin skinned too, which means he battles to be objective and umpires different personalities differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Showing all of his umpiring nous tonight. How is a guy who used to work for the Brisbane Lions allowed to umpire? Seems to go out of his way to show he's not biased towards us by being calling against us. How is it not a conflict of interest?

It is bemusing to me how this guy keeps getting a gig in big games. I've seen his last few games (including the Dogs game last week) and he has made some absolute howlers. Tonight is no exception.
Apparently only gets picked due to the fact he can bounce the footy better than most. Apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Nicholls is the worst umpire in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back