efcboy

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2007
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
the bald #### is at again. he must hate essendon - every time he's umpired he crucifies essendon.

when i saw he was umpiring i backed the eagles and true to judgement he's doing his best.

the bald #### is at again. he must hate essendon - every time he's umpired he crucifies essendon.

when i saw he was umpiring i backed the eagles and true to judgement he's doing his best.

Not the umpires fault we put in shit all effort in the first half

I dont think it was a one way street. I agree that he is a shit umpire, but it was both ways.

So at least he was consistently shit.

Your a great judge pal.

Instead of getting on here and bagging these blokes, why don't you stop playing with your little computer, and get out there and TRY and do better. Maybe your team or your selections are up the s##t.
If, as you believe, these blokes are crucifying your or a team, dont you think the AFL or the Umpires bosses would do something about it.

I have never seen an AFL / VFL umpire crucify a team.

Get a grip.

Your a great judge pal.

Instead of getting on here and bagging these blokes, why don't you stop playing with your little computer, and get out there and TRY and do better. Maybe your team or your selections are up the s##t.
If, as you believe, these blokes are crucifying your or a team, dont you think the AFL or the Umpires bosses would do something about it.

Get a grip.

thanks mate ... saved me a job ;)

Your a great judge pal.

Get a grip.

Calm down Mr Nicholls, it's not his fault you're a shit umpire.

at it again today
in my opinion the worst of the lot, how he continually gets a gig astounds me
his feel for the game, communication with players and FIGJAM attitude is pathetic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree
His 50 m penalty for not coming back on the mark gave certain goal to Hawthorn. and his in your face with his comments ...who wants to listen to him. They must be desperate for field umpires to keep giving him a gig. Even the commentators hate him

agree
His 50 m penalty for not coming back on the mark gave certain goal to Hawthorn. and his in your face with his comments ...who wants to listen to him. They must be desperate for field umpires to keep giving him a gig. Even the commentators hate him

Your worried about one 50 metre penatly. I think Richmond had a very good run with the umps today

Your worried about one 50 metre penatly. I think Richmond had a very good run with the umps today
I agree we did alright with the frees I am only talking about this umpire.
He gave us a 50 m penalty for a Haw player handing it back to the wrong tiger player when there was clearly confusion on who was getting the free

Matthew Nicholls is the WORST umpire in the league! :thumbsdown:

Matthew Nicolls is the WORST umpire EVER in every league! Not only is he out of his depth at AFL level he would be out of his depth in Under 12's.

Just saw his report of Troy Simmonds what a joke! Nicholls should be reported for bringing the game into disrepute.

Love the comments from the commentators early in the second quarter when he gave a 50m penalty against Jay Schultz:

Frawley: "He's in a bad mood today this umpire"

Pickering: "I'm not sure we're here to watch him in fairness. We shouldn't have to listen to him to be honest".

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Doubt that will even get to the tribunal. I apply sunscreen harder than that slap :mad:

I laughed myself silly with that report - he is nothing more than an egotistical twat. Pickering had it right - we don't need to hear him.

Get a grip.

Pfft. Protected species board.

I applaud the good sportsmanship of people who never blame the umpires (I am not one of them). However, people who continually sprout on that umpires don't affect the results of games are living in lala land.

Hawks and Tigers turn (had him yesterday) He is so confused with HOB it's not funny. Someone seriously needs to teach him it. He won't pay the obvious ones (Incorrect Disposal and Dropping it) but he would circle a pack and pin them.
If he gets a gig in finals I would be so annoyed.
He's to inconsistent and quite clearly it shows he's never kicked a footy in his life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Nicholls (No.15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back