Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Get around him Pie fans
If the kid can get past the mental trauma (Bucks said he’s shattered) and wants to try to go again, let’s back him in for 2020
#sidebyside

** be great if Menzel could make contact w Shaz and provide support - does anyone know if he’s on twitter and can be contacted?
I think you’ll find that quite a few multiple ACL sufferers will reach out to Shaz. Doubt you’ll need to prompt Menzel to do so. Patton probably will too, going through his 3rd one currently.

Shattering news for Matt, his family and the club.

Sadly when you're dealing with a player who has already had a knee reconstruction let alone two it happening again is always a heightened concern.

Any career he can have from here on out should be considered a bonus as he faces an uphill battle just to return again to AFL level.

I think you’ll find that quite a few multiple ACL sufferers will reach out to Shaz. Doubt you’ll need to prompt Menzel to do so. Patton probably will too, going through his 3rd one currently.

Patton and Scharenberg careers virtually mirroring each other. Super talented juniors, do an ACL, get back and show potentially elite signs, do ACL, get back and show potential elite signs, another ACL.

533658_b1213767db6ad8b422e13df876b185a1.JPG

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps we can send him all our well wishes.. open up a thread for it and send it to the club.. might cheer him up a lil.. dunno.. just wish I could do something about it.. never been so shattered about an injury to a player as much as this one. Can't even watch tv without thinking about it.

He should go the lars...nothing to lose. The traditional Reco hasn’t worked and he’d be right to go round1 with a lars
What a stupid post.

The fact that LARS has almost completely gone out of vogue and there has always been concerns about the longevity of the procedure means it’s an avoid at all costs proposition for a 22 yo with re-occurring issues.

Perhaps we can send him all our well wishes.. open up a thread for it and send it to the club.. might cheer him up a lil.. dunno.. just wish I could do something about it.. never been so shattered about an injury to a player as much as this one. Can't even watch tv without thinking about it.

Exactly how I feel levendi.

House full of relatives and I am sitting here typing this with a tear in my eye.

Call me a softy but I love what Shazza has showed us this year......footy isn’t fair sometimes. :(

House full of relatives and I am sitting here typing this with a tear in my eye.

Call me a softy but I love what Shazza has showed us this year......footy isn’t fair sometimes. :(

I'm struggling watching the footy right now.. probably limit my time watching footy shows in general during the week until the Sydney game. Keep nodding my head left to right thinking this is BS.

Proud of the lad though. Whatever comes of this.. he'll always be a gem of a player to me. I'll always bring him up when having a chat about Collingwood in a yr in 10 yrs and the rest of it.

I actually cried when I saw Buck's press conference and he all but confirmed an ACL.

I am feeling between very sad and angry, just hope no-one posts anything stupied as I am up for a fight.

You know how much I like Shaz, absolutely gutted!

Shattering news for Matt, his family and the club.

Sadly when you're dealing with a player who has already had a knee reconstruction let alone two it happening again is always a heightened concern.

Any career he can have from here on out should be considered a bonus as he faces an uphill battle just to return again to AFL level.

Paul Lucuria had 2 or 3 knee reco's and he went on to have a great career at the Pies. 2 Copelands and 182 quality games for the Pies. Hopefully Schaz can get back and still be the player we all know he can be. Tonight however he must hate the game of AFL footy.

love this Maggie.
I was actually tempted to say something stupid just to go a couple of rounds with you but I thought better of it.
You'd knock me out in the first round. :D:D
Gave it to the Richmond poster about free kicks and was really just warming up but thought he wasn't worth getting a 'day off' for him.:p

I actually cried when I saw Buck's press conference and he all but confirmed an ACL.
I am feeling between very sad and angry, just hope no-one posts anything stupied as I am up for a fight.
You know how much I like Shaz, absolutely gutted!

Exactly the same U.

Actually posted on the Tigers board a while ago about him and to their credit they have been very respectful.

Still very shattered about his injury to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back