CLS4hD4UkAAqFH_.jpg
CLS4szfVEAA2pwh.jpg

Bally's old No.12 rides again. Good to bring this one outta mothballs

CLS40fgUAAAUlL5.jpg

392550_gp.jpg
392552_gp.jpg
392562_gp.jpg
392563_gp.jpg

Well that only leaves 1 player from the top 30 draft picks of 2013 that has not played a game. Fair debut but how many half back flankers do we really need??

Well that only leaves 1 player from the top 30 draft picks of 2013 that has not played a game. Fair debut but how many half back flankers do we really need??
Just a few good ones. Williams is more a back pocket but I'm splitting hairs. Langdon and possibly Ramsay if he can ride out the hard knocks in 2016. Maynard looks promising. On the other hand Toovey is getting long in the tooth and Seedsman has lost the plot, whilst Young will be a deserving cap casualty and Oxley can't defend and is too slow.

Surprised he finished with 16 disposals as I didn't really notice him much.

Only had the 39 fantasy points (4th least) so he wasn't overly damaging when he got it I assume.

Only his first game and a step forward but it kind of resembled his VFL performances which I'd describe as nice and neat rather than exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like Shazzas game yesterday, didn't take too many positives from the game itself but that was one. For a first game where he knew probably 10 minutes before the bounce, he handled it very well.

Got better as the game wore on, was poised under pressure and can see him being in the B&W for sometime.

I was losing faith that we'd even see him debut with all this trade talk, I was impatient and getting frustrated but I was wrong.

Last edited:
Pace was never his attribute. Although I'd say this makes him a liability in the backline as opposition coaches will man him up with an agile fwd. Imagine him against a Breust!!

After today I'm convinced he is a mid. And a good one at that as we need someone with composure who can play that quarterback role (in the middle
He was drafted with the view of him becoming a midfielder down the track. I agree 100% with you on this one. With a full pre-season we might see him get some opportunity in there sooner than later.

Interesting this issue of Schazza's game yesterday appearing to be at a similar level to his VFL games. He made the transition, but did the same things, with similar numbers. But isn't that a good sign?

I find him to be an enigmatic footballer. You can see that he has poise and footy smarts, but you don't see absolute focused determination ( e.g. De Goey) or a potential human highlights reel (Moore). I think he will surprise us.

Every other first up player has been subbed out at three quarter time by Buckley until yesterday. Scharenberg had about four different opponents including Watts which shows you the faith that Buckley had in Scharenberg's performance. There was nothing wrong with his kicking. For a first up player his decision making was that of a seasoned player. Tough gig when your first game is in a losing side. Forget the SC points. That was one of the most impressive debuts for a player in recent memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back