Max Bailey ACL - CONFIRMED OUT FOR 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Whiilst the prognosis on max doesn't look good I think its important to note that IT HAS NOT yet been confirmed that he has done his knee. We wont know untill scans are done on Monday so anything been said now is pure speculation.

I for one wil NOT be conceding that its an ACL until scans confirm that it is. Good luck Max may the footy gods give you a break and let you show everyone the talent we all know that you have!!

EDIT: CONFIRMED

http://sportal.com.au/AFL-news-display/dons-back-their-skipper-76914/page/1

"But he confirmed the serious facial injuries - which won't require surgery but will be given time to heal naturally - as well as a serious knee injury to young ruckman Max Bailey, which will sideline him for all of next season."
- Clinton Brown (hawthorn media manager)

Re: Max Bailey ACL - NOT CONFIRMED!!!

F*** F*** F***
This is the worst season I can recall Hawthorn having.
I've heard that he is a very determined and hard working bloke so hope that this wont stop him from making another come back.
All the Hawks supporters love him and he is a really popular person at the club.
Lets just pray that he has a smooth rehabilitation and recovery (he must be getting pretty good at it by now) so that he can make a huge second come back in 2011.
Don't give up on him Hawthorn, we have barely seen what he is capable of yet.

whiilst the prognosis on max doesn't look good i think its important to note that it has not yet been confirmed that he has done his knee. We wont know untill scans are done on monday so anything been said now is pure speculation.

I for one wil not be conceding that its an acl until scans confirm that it is. Good luck max may the footy gods give you a break and let you show everyone the talent we all know that you have!!

he he!!! Well done, i could not sleep last night because of this...i pray to god he is ok....actually i never pray but just did, me and the missus just had a long prayer for a 6 week injury and not 12 months

Its been confirmed that its a serious knee injury and that hes gone for next year.

http://sportal.com.au/AFL-news-display/dons-back-their-skipper-76914/page/1

"But he confirmed the serious facial injuries - which won't require surgery but will be given time to heal naturally - as well as a serious knee injury to young ruckman Max Bailey, which will sideline him for all of next season."
- Clinton Brown (hawthorn media manager)

Absolutely terrible news, sorry to hear it.

My mate is a Hawks supporter and has been saying great things about this bloke, was looking forward to seeing him play in the Big League.

I heard it was his other knee that he has done twice? If so, keep the faith, he could return. I have done my left knee twice and right knee once also, so I kinda know what the big man is feeling, but then again, I never had a chance in the big time.

Best wishes to Max.

Absolutely terrible news, sorry to hear it.

My mate is a Hawks supporter and has been saying great things about this bloke, was looking forward to seeing him play in the Big League.

I heard it was his other knee that he has done twice? If so, keep the faith, he could return. I have done my left knee twice and right knee once also, so I kinda know what the big man is feeling, but then again, I never had a chance in the big time.

Best wishes to Max.

Goodstuff Tigerbob we all hope he gets himself right and gets a chance to show his stuff.

i was really concerned for the boy as I knew his history. Hope he can get back on the park at some stage. Nobody likes to see a career end before it has even started. best of luck max.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

poor max; best wishes to him whatever happens
It was the best thing to come out of the last couple of weeks until he went down.
I was hoping he would go well and could take Taylor's spot;
does this means next year we have to watch Taylor again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant take another season of that spud

Devastating news for Bails. Am gutted for the big fella.
Hope he has a speedy recovery and that his body will give him a chance to show what he is capable of...
We need a KPD now more than ever so that Robbie can get back into the centre square from round 1 with Twister as the back up.

That is absolutely terrible. Poor Max.

I really hope he can come back, but unfortunately I think the Hawks will have to go with the thought that he may never play again.

I seriously thought after watching him last week that he would be all-australian next year, i am certain thats how good he could be.

Fingers crossed we find a really good ruckman over the trade period, but i can't think of any available to pick up/trade for.

Best of luck max, hopefully you can pull off a musto and come back

poor bugger.

obviously he was shattered and rightly so.

best of luck to the kid, but i think that luck maybe out of the AFL system.

He as going to be bloody good too - looked to be the player who'd have been our first elite home grown ruckman for as long as I can remember.

Some guys bodies just say no to AFL.

What a crappy year.

Just another dagger through the heart of the Hawks in what has been a very black week. Absolutely shattered for this guy. I could think of a lot of players who don't deserve to play AFL with their conduct, yet they have a ridiculous run of luck with injuries. Bailey does all the right things and gets nothing.

Rotten Luck.

only good point being the guy knows what he has to face and that he is capable of doing it.

Question is does he want to. I hope the club keep the faith - players arent going to quite so expendable over the GC WS start up period

OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION:

Hawk Bailey set for Third Knee Reconstruction

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/83812/default.aspx

THE wretched injury run of Hawthorn's Max Bailey has continued, with the young ruckman rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in Saturday's loss to Essendon at the MCG.

There are some stories that are unfortunate, and others that are tragic.

This is tragic.

I'm not sure if it's the sentimentality, but I hope we keep him.
He has such natural talent. Maybe rookie him for a year, elevate Moss and assess it after 2010.

Good luck Max!

Might be the wrong time to bring this up (will do so again at the appropriate time) but perhaps we should consider our player sponsorship for 2010?

Muston has come through and maybe we should turn our attention to Max?

Might be a stupid idea but at the moment I feel so damn sorry for the guy and wish we could help in some way.

Any way, all the best Max. Stick to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Max Bailey ACL - CONFIRMED OUT FOR 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back