Max Holmes will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah keen to see Clark but no need to heap pressure on a guy who’s played one senior game.

Knevitt looks ok as well.

Hopefully those two prove themselves to be good players. I’m unconvinced on Bruin and Bowes so the cupboard in the midfield is bare if those two don’t make it.
Think Bruhn has shown he has it in him, just needs another pre-season to build the tank a bit more. Bowes' ceiling is probably a decent attacking half back, don't think he'll really make it as a midfielder. Nice kick of the ball though

Can't say I know of him (I don't really follow the draftee/TAC leagues) but hopefully he works out well for you
He's the son of former Geelong player Paul Brown who was a decent swingman in his own right. He also kicked 6 goals in a league record score in 92.

Yeah keen to see Clark but no need to heap pressure on a guy who’s played one senior game.

Knevitt looks ok as well.

Hopefully those two prove themselves to be good players. I’m unconvinced on Bruin and Bowes so the cupboard in the midfield is bare if those two don’t make it.
Agree. Unconvinced with Bruhn and Bowes. Both will be passed by other talent hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hard to read this thread since so many contributors are on ignore like old mate Falcon.

Holmes is developing really well, thanks Richmond! He might be our best player in 5 years time, or even earlier. I highly doubt he will ever be the best player in the AFL.

If this is true you will be spending a decade in the bottom four.

Just like Messi he goes missing

If this is true you will be spending a decade in the bottom four.

Just like Messi he goes missing

lol nah, we'll be right.
Another finals campaign right around the corner.

Will Richmond miss again for the 2nd time in three seasons?

Probably best focusing on your own team who barely scraped by lowly Hawthorn.
Your absolute rubbish and am confident you miss September and fill every one of these threads bagging Geelong out of vitriol.
It's going to be delicious bumping your posts.

lol nah, we'll be right.
Another finals campaign right around the corner.

Will Richmond miss again for the 2nd time in three seasons?

Probably best focusing on your own team who barely scraped by lowly Hawthorn.
Your absolute rubbish and am confident you miss September and fill every one of these threads bagging Geelong out of vitriol.
It's going to be delicious bumping your posts.

The best thing about banter with a Geelong fan is that whatever the topic

Dustin Martin is check mate 👍

The best thing about banter with a Geelong fan is that whatever the topic

Dustin Martin is check mate 👍
So you think. Martin has been cooked for years now, much like Richmond.

Also how much are you guys paying Hopper and Taranto again? 7 years 7 mil each was it? Uh oh

So you think. Martin has been cooked for years now, much like Richmond.

Also how much are you guys paying Hopper and Taranto again? 7 years 7 mil each was it? Uh oh

Well considering your midfield is probably the worst in the afl you must be spewing you missed out on both

But I am sure Messi and Holmes will fix the problem 👍

What are you paying bowes? 700k . Enjoy 🙏

Well considering your midfield is probably the worst in the afl you must be spewing you missed out on both

What are you paying bowes? 700k . Enjoy 🙏
Worst midfield in the AFL and still above Richmond with their million dollar recruits. That's interesting.

Paying Bowes 700k is well worth it for Jhye Clark, something I will thoroughly enjoy for years to come. [insert random emoji]

Ranked top 3 in all clearance statistics and second for contested possession.
And doing this without Guthrie who will return shortly.
It is why we don't get smashed and always within a chance if behind going into the fourth quarter.
Richmond have been hammered a few times this year. None worse than 81 points to Brisbane at the Gabba.

Just need to get the team settled and away we go for another September assault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peak was enough to cost you 3 flags

Check mate
Richmond didn't cost us those flags any more or less than Adelaide, Collingwood and Port did.

Adelaide flogged us in the 2017 finals and ended our season.
Collingwood easily outplayed us in the 2019 finals and the scoreboard flattered us.
Port beat us in the 2020 finals and despite Hawkins being unable to hit the side of a barn that night, they were better and deserved to win.

We weren't this great team conquering all others and only being stopped by Richmond despite their supporters thinking those Geelong teams were of the calibre of our 2022 team.

Richmond didn't cost us those flags any more or less than Adelaide, Collingwood and Port did.

Adelaide flogged us in the 2017 finals and ended our season.
Collingwood easily outplayed us in the 2019 finals and the scoreboard flattered us.
Port beat us in the 2020 finals and despite Hawkins being unable to hit the side of a barn that night, they were better and deserved to win.

We weren't this great team conquering all others and only being stopped by Richmond despite their supporters thinking those Geelong teams were of the calibre of our 2022 team.
Correct... We were an average top four side. We were always the third or fourrj best side across those seasons. Even in 2020 i think it was richmond port geelong brisbane in that order.

Delusional.
And in 10 years time from now, Martin will slowly fade away because he's simply never been an unstoppable force for long enough. His peak was short and sweet and you know it.
Better more talented footballers play to a higher standard for a longer period of time.

If you can only play to a high standard for a short period of time then reality is you werent skilled enough to sustain it under adapting circumstances.

A huge call, but I like it 😅

If Holmes is in contention for an All Australian spot in 2027 (or before), kudos to you!

He looks and moves a bit like James Kelly, but I think he has a few more tricks than Kelly.

He has certainly improved a lot over the past month, to the extent where I think he is now a starting 18 lock on the wing.

Thereabouts in 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Max Holmes will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back