Max Holmes will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

3+ flags with a b2b doofus. Every dynasty has that. You never have the end, that’s the criteria.

Anyway stop talking about it. F me, talk to me on the Geelong v Richmond thread if you want to talk about that.

Says who? A guy who’s been following footy for 10 years? Oh ok. That changes everything.

Oh no it's about to turn into another "my club's three flags is better than your club's four flags b-b-because I say so" episode.

This thread is about Max Holmes who Richmond traded the rights away to on draft night to Geelong, not Geelong's 21st century dynasty eclipsing the flashes in the pan of the other clubs.

I'm curious, was 40 years of being mostly beyond shit and getting all those high draft picks worth the 4 years up the top?

The two are not related.

Richmond was poorly run and spent 35 years winning only 2 finals.

Richmond became well run and destroyed Geelong on the way to 3 flags in 4 years, something that has only been matched or bettered by 4 other teams in the last 64 years.

The better question to ask would be was the success worth the 10 year wait from when the club started to be run the right way. And the answer is, of course.

Anyway we shouldn't be talking about Geelong and Richmond on the Max Holmes thread. Just about every other player for those two clubs is a Premiership player, but Max Holmes isn't poor kid.

If you were Max Holmes, before you sign your next contract, you would say to Geelong you are sick of playing with old campaigners. Port, Suns, Eagles have had 7 x 34+ year olds play for them in their entire combined histories. Geelong have had 9 x 34+ yo's play for them just in the last 9 seasons. No young star should have to put up with that.

Last edited:
If you were Max Holmes, before you sign your next contract, you would say to Geelong you are sick of playing with old campaigners. Port, Suns, Eagles have had 7 x 34+ year olds play for them in their entire combined histories. Geelong have had 9 x 34+ yo's play for them just int he last 9 seasons. No young star should have to put up with that.
Apparently in his 2021 exit meeting, Holmes demanded some new friends to play with in the best 23.

SDK, Stengle, Bowes, Bruhn, O.Henry, Dempsey, Neale, Mannagh and Humphries were then added; Mullin, Conway, Clark waiting in the wings and perhaps B.Smith arriving shortly.

Holmes is said to be positively delighted at the GFC taking this direction.

Apparently in his 2021 exit meeting, Holmes demanded some new friends to play with in the best 23.

SDK, Stengle, Bowes, Bruhn, O.Henry, Dempsey, Neale, Mannagh and Humphries were then added; Mullin, Conway, Clark waiting in the wings and perhaps B.Smith arriving shortly.

Holmes is said to be positively delighted at the GFC taking this direction.

Funny, last I looked SDK can't get a game and Mannagh is already an old campaigner and Geelong have by far the oldest team in the finals.

Funny, last I looked SDK can't get a game and Mannagh is already an old campaigner and Geelong have by far the oldest team in the finals.
No injury trolling please. I don't expect much from you but surely you're above that. SDK hasn't been able to push back in after surgery.

I named 12 players and their median age is nice and low. I made my point and you have failed to rebut it.

I guess that makes it Mr Meow 312, MR 3 for our historical arguments. I'm still spewing about those 3.

No injury trolling please. I don't expect much from you but surely you're above that. SDK hasn't been able to push back in after surgery.

I named 12 players and their median age is nice and low. I made my point and you have failed to rebut it.

I guess that makes it Mr Meow 312, MR 3 for our historical arguments. I'm still spewing about those 3.

Should call yourself Mr Magic. With a series of posts respoding to a post about Geelong's concerning habit of fielding very old players and teams, you have made all all those old players vanish into thin air to be replaced in the conversation by 27yo Mannagh and can't get a game DeKoning - who was incidentally available for selection in the QF but was left out of the team. 33 years, 9 months old Stanley was preferred to him. So yeah, you won that argument hands down, lol. 🤣

Should call yourself Mr Magic. With a series of posts respoding to a post about Geelong's concerning habit of fielding very old players and teams, you have made all all those old players vanish into thin air to be replaced in the conversation by 27yo Mannagh and can't get a game DeKoning - who was incidentally available for selection in the QF but was left out of the team. 33 years, 9 months old Stanley was preferred to him. So yeah, you won that argument hands down, lol. 🤣
You tried, mate, and that's all I'll ever ask from you.

I implore you to regroup and have a go from a fresh angle in the coming days.

Holmes is very much enjoying the many new faces he has been able to play with over the past 3 seasons. All have plenty of good footy ahead of them.

Everyone is happy but you. Put a smile on that decrepit dial.

The two are not related.

Richmond was poorly run and spent 35 years winning only 2 finals.

Richmond became well run and destroyed Geelong on the way to 3 flags in 4 years, something that has only been matched or bettered by 4 other teams in the last 64 years.

The better question to ask would be was the success worth the 10 year wait from when the club started to be run the right way. And the answer is, of course.

Anyway we shouldn't be talking about Geelong and Richmond on the Max Holmes thread. Just about every other player for those two clubs is a Premiership player, but Max Holmes isn't poor kid.

Your last sentence…. Is that really very accurate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I’m asking, what is your point in saying it. 90 per cent of the competition probably aren’t, maybe more.

Well, here is a thread questioning whether Max Holmes will be the best player in the game. So i thought I would have a look through his achievements to date.

Geelong best young Geelong Player 2021.

That's it. No flags, no B & F's, not even an Oli Bradbury Rising Star. Not even an AA gong, which are normally handed to Cats youth with their Geelong jumper. Nothing. The only award he has is being better than Geelong's other young players in one year. And let's face it, that wouldn't be tough. :)

Well, here is a thread questioning whether Max Holmes will be the best player in the game. So i thought I would have a look through his achievements to date.

Geelong best young Geelong Player 2021.

That's it. No flags, no B & F's, not even an Oli Bradbury Rising Star. Not even an AA gong, which are normally handed to Cats youth with their Geelong jumper. Nothing. The only award he has is being better than Geelong's other young players in one year. And let's face it, that wouldn't be tough. :)

Who are you arguing with?

The 0 Geelong fans that think he will ever be the best player in the competition?

All this because Wells bamboozled the bloke in charge of Richmond's long and painful rebuild. I'm sensing a bit of angst over how Geelong landed Max 'win-win' Holmes from our usual suspects...

We had to throw you a bone somewhere along the line after taking Josh Caddy and Jack Graham off you and giving you back Parfitt and narkleptic. Caddy and Graham 2 flags each in their first 4 years at the club. Holmes, zero.

We had to throw you a bone somewhere along the line after taking Josh Caddy and Jack Graham off you and giving you back Parfitt and narkleptic. Caddy and Graham 2 flags each in their first 4 years at the club. Holmes, zero.
But that was us throwing you a bone after picking up 3x premiership hero Brad Ottens and kicking off the Geelong dynasty on that wonderful day in 2007 under the roof that has continued on until the present. You didn't need to give us Holmes too, we'd already taken enough.

36 flags on the current Richmond list and they went 2-21 this season. Must have won those flags in pretty weak years

Wojcinski you were named by Boris Ensign on Front Bar tonight as the least generous Geelong player ever. I can see what he meant now. Mr Meow will be along any minute to tell you that you should not be injury trolling on this thread.

But that was us throwing you a bone after picking up 3x premiership hero Brad Ottens and kicking off the Geelong dynasty on that wonderful day in 2007 under the roof that has continued on to this day. You didn't need to give us Holmes too, we'd already taken enough.

You clearly don't remember Gareth Andrews, Paul Sarah, Andy Preston & Graeme Landy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Max Holmes will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back