Max Holmes will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

You could just imagine me me me Dangerfield leading a meeting saying we should do this it would be really cool. And a couple of wiser heads thinking wtf are we, schoolkids or something. But we better go along with it or mememefield will cry.

Almost as cringe as when Patmeonthehead Dangerfield dressed up in bandages and went into a press conference on crutches after he had been doing some pretty severe monitoring of media response to him pretending he is injured all the time during games.

But Geelong supporters actually think that shit is cool it seems. 🤣

Your own players elected him head of their union. That’s the hilarious part of it all.

Your own players elected him head of their union. That’s the hilarious part of it all.
oh boy I love the facebook style ramblings whenever Danger, as head of the union, is asked to respond to anything by the media

"omg this clown always has to say his piece"
"who asked u danger"
"suit surfer just thinks about himself"

Truly a goldmine of football nuffies common Richmond supporters.

He’s had 4 elite games this season including finals. Rest were average or below average. That’s why he didn’t make the AA team. He’s nothing special.

Attachments

• IMG_4493.png
    IMG_4493.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 17

He’s had 4 elite games this season including finals. Rest were average or below average. That’s why he didn’t make the AA team. He’s nothing special.
AFL Fantasy Points. You've somehow reached a new low.

73 coaches votes as an flanker/wingman/midfielder hybrid is elite. Leading our boards MVP count and just about favourite for the B&F in a prelim team.

Ball butcher who ranks AFL #108 for hard ball gets....I somehow don't think that is tracking to be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time.
maybe not but he's still a gun player, already top 30 and only 22 years old. Thanks for letting us take him in the draft, enjoy Tom Brown :$

I cannot for the life of me understand how someone can be upset about another club's silly Mad Monday dress ups.

I wouldn't even have a clue what Richmond did in their post-season pissups in 2022 - let alone whine about it on a forum 2 years after the fact :$

I can't for the life of me understand how someone can be so obsessed with their own club's players playing dress ups that they post them on here as evidence of those players being cool. Because that is what started the exchange.

Ball butcher who ranks AFL #108 for hard ball gets....I somehow don't think that is tracking to be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time.

More chance of being delisted than being the best player tbh. He’s meant to be a professional but at his peak his kicking efficiency is no better than the average Auskicker. Lucky he can run, that why we’ve had MacIntosh in the team. Similar type of players.

Meteoric Rise was definitely one of them, given he is captain of his over 80's lawn bowls team. In that respect I empathise, as life must be irritating as a humourless fossil.

Ahem. Born 1966. Just in time to witness the Tigers destroy Geelonginthetooth in the first of a series of 6 finals in my lifetime on their way to 6 of the 8 flags Richmond have taken in that period. Had the Cats reversed just those games it is shocking to think you would have more flags than us in my lifetime. Rather than the half as many you do actually have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's cool? Looks like a bunch of try hards who spent all season saying they don't listen to outside noise. Then when their moment of glory arrived, they proved they do in fact listen to outside noise and are very sensitive to it.
Sorry, I think you’ve missed the point.

You’re currently criticising Geelong for being an old team, so I was pointing out that the 2022 Geelong premiership team was the oldest team to ever take the field in VFL/AFL history. So perhaps your line of criticism is misguided. Hope that helps to clear things up.

Regards

Sorry, I think you’ve missed the point.

You’re currently criticising Geelong for being an old team, so I was pointing out that the 2022 Geelong premiership team was the oldest team to ever take the field in VFL/AFL history. So perhaps your line of criticism is misguided. Hope that helps to clear things up.

Regards

I am not criticising them for being old.

I am just pointing out they are old to the Geelong fans falsely claiming you have an exciting team of the future who is finishing top 4 and "contending" ahead of their time. You are the oldest team in the finals.

Ahem. Born 1966. Just in time to witness the Tigers destroy Geelonginthetooth in the first of a series of 6 finals in my lifetime on their way to 6 of the 8 flags Richmond have taken in that period. Had the Cats reversed just those games it is shocking to think you would have more flags than us in my lifetime. Rather than the half as many you do actually have.
You must have enjoyed '67 in particular as a 1 year old, then '69 as a 3 year old. You used to pretend you were at the matches taking in every glorious detail.

So in fact before you were pretending you were 80 odd, but now reveal you only "saw" one Richmond flag from that era when you were above 8 years old? Then went 15 to 50 y.o following a complete embarrassment?

Talk about terrible timing. If you were born 20 years earlier or later it would've been perfect.

I am just pointing out they are old to the Geelong fans falsely claiming you have an exciting team of the future who is finishing top 4 and "contending" ahead of their time. You are the oldest team in the finals.
That’s the beauty of Chris Scott and the Geelong list management team don’t you think? They’re able to inject exciting youth into the team and combine them with the more experienced players in a way that sees them being competitive most years, and they’ve shown that a high average age is no barrier to achieving ultimate success.

Also, average age is a somewhat meaningless marker, because the young guys aren’t old right? There’s different ways to achieve the same average, and obviously Geelong have done pretty well to achieve a balance that allows them to stay near the pointy end more than other teams have been able to for an extended period of time

For our likely line up this weekend:

30+: 8 players
23-29 y.o: 9 players
18-22 y.o: 6 players

Looks like a good mix of veterans, prime aged players and up and comers to me.

2022 GF team for a comparison:

30+: 10 players
23-29 y.o: 12 players
18-22 y.o: 1 player

2024 Rebuilding: "On The Run" Edition

That’s the beauty of Chris Scott and the Geelong list management team don’t you think? They’re able to inject exciting youth into the team and combine them with the more experienced players in a way that sees them being competitive most years, and they’ve shown that a high average age is no barrier to achieving ultimate success.

Also, average age is a somewhat meaningless marker, because the young guys aren’t old right? There’s different ways to achieve the same average, and obviously Geelong have done pretty well to achieve a balance that allows them to stay near the pointy end more than other teams have been able to for an extended period of time

Old age means a lot of your players are about to go off the cliff.

Take out your oldies and I don’t think you’d even make finals.

Who’s been your unreal youth,

SDK no
Bruhn no
Henry bros no
Neale meh
the by default rising star guy meh
Mannagh meh

Stengel good but he’s 26 this year
Holmes solid player but nothing special

Who else am I missing because that looks dire af

Remove this Banner Ad

Max Holmes will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time