McBurnied this week, McLarened next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

JuDDysthacaptain

Team Captain
Jun 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Season 2009, 13 wins 9 Losses

Essendon - McLaren
Sydney - McBurney
Hawthorn - McLaren
Fremantle - McBurney
Adelaide - McLaren
St. Kilda - McLaren
Essendon - McBurney
Collingwood - McLaren
Adelaide - McBurney
Brisbane ?

Please not next week

Essendon - McLaren
Sydney - McBurney
Hawthorn - McLaren
Fremantle - McBurney
Adelaide - McLaren
St. Kilda - McLaren
Essendon - McBurney
Collingwood - McLaren
Adelaide - McBurney
Brisbane ?

Please not next week

Although umpires very rarely determine the outcome of matches, it is an alarming pattern that has emerged with these umpires.

Both McLaren & McBurney are very ordinary umpires who have little feel for, or understanding of the game. Unfortunately they also are renowned for holding grudges against certain players.

You would hope that neither of these clowns would be umpiring finals this season, as they are both well & truly past their best.

You guys got the better of the frees, 24-21 I think. The holding the ball rule annoys the heck out of me though, I don't know if the umpires themselves know what they're paying.

You won the free kick count 24-21 and still got pumped by 12 goals. Any excuse other then Carlton were horrendous will do right?

Essendon - McLaren
Sydney - McBurney
Hawthorn - McLaren
Fremantle - McBurney
Adelaide - McLaren
St. Kilda - McLaren
Essendon - McBurney
Collingwood - McLaren
Adelaide - McBurney
Brisbane ?

Please not next week

Blaming the umps for that pathetic display your boys put out today is asanine. Watch out the CROWS ARE COMING!!!!

You won the free kick count 24-21 and still got pumped by 12 goals. Any excuse other then Carlton were horrendous will do right?

Carlton were horrendous, no question about that & the umpires did not determine the result, but you would like to see all forwards receive free kicks when they are manhandled, not just those on one team.

Also, if umpires are going to pay a deliberate out of bounds free kick, they have to be consistent & pay all of them, not just single one out for the match.

Carlton were horrendous, no question about that & the umpires did not determine the result, but you would like to see all forwards receive free kicks when they are manhandled, not just those on one team.

Also, if umpires are going to pay a deliberate out of bounds free kick, they have to be consistent & pay all of them, not just single one out for the match.

Agreed. Post game fury always provokes these 'who to blame' threads. More often then not the umpires cop the flak but they shouldn't today. If anything the 3 suspended players should cop it for upsetting the balance and morale of the team.

Early on in the match when it was game on you will find that we got analy r*ped by the umpires.You will also find that the close free kick count was balanced in junk time and in our back pockets etc:
Having said that, we were a disgrace,we had no comeback for the often boring Adelaide style, which will not help them against higher teams. Surely our MC should have a plan A,B & C after the last time we played them.

Early on in the match when it was game on you will find that we got analy r*ped by the umpires.You will also find that the close free kick count was balanced in junk time and in our back pockets etc:
Having said that, we were a disgrace,we had no comeback for the often boring Adelaide style, which will not help them against higher teams. Surely our MC should have a plan A,B & C after the last time we played them.

Someone is a little upset... poor didums

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola and Tippett were both molested by the umpires, and once again Judd was immune to holding the ball decisions, but aside from that it was the typical scattergun approach we've seen throughout the season.

I was coming back from a delayed appointment, so I had to listen to the first quarter on the radio - was there a centre bounce even once in that quarter? It sounded like there was a free kick before the ball even hit the turf every single time.

Essendon - McLaren
Sydney - McBurney
Hawthorn - McLaren
Fremantle - McBurney
Adelaide - McLaren
St. Kilda - McLaren
Essendon - McBurney
Collingwood - McLaren
Adelaide - McBurney
Brisbane ?

Please not next week

You can add Vozzo to a few of those games, including today. He is a Carlton hater. He was the one who paid the deliberate against Stevens, he was the one who stood 3 metres away from Setanta and watched as he was held by the arm while trying to lead and called nothing. I could go on...

The umpires however didn't make us handball happy, which isn't a good thing when you can't handball!

Don;t get too smart you finished in the bottom half of the 8 like us.

I reckon we were outcoached and outplayed. Good luck to the crows, I'm glad we don't have to play them next week. Back on topic, those two imps are bald as badgers who get sucked in too easily, both for and against us.

Chin up baggers fans, first finals series in 8 years! I'm happy

I can not believe they didn't pay Fev a free (besides the holding the ball). Rutten arm chopped, held, and pushed Fev out of every contest.

Then they pay that piss weak 50 against fev for stepping over the mark when it happened 70 times during the game.

You might want to use a bit of comprehension before having a shot on another team's board. He was not saying the umpires cost us, just looking at who has umpired our losses and praying that we don't have McLaren next week.

McLaren was attrocious today. Could not believe the high shot on McGlynn was let go in front of goal when the Hawks needed it and then he pinged him at the bottom of the pack with no prior opportunity. Absolute disgrace he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

McBurnied this week, McLarened next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back