McConnell debut

Remove this Banner Ad

B-P-B

Team Captain
Oct 3, 2004
Other Teams
West Coast
Good luck to the lad on Saturday.

Did very well in the pre-season derby I saw, a midfielder in the Embley mould . Any other thoughts on him?

Probably wont get a lot of game time but when he gets on the ground he should really love the wide spaces of Subiaco Oval. He is a great young kid and one to keep an eye on. Dunno how many games he will get with key players to return next week but if he impresses Woosha then thats all that matters.

Awesome Scotty said:
Did alright for his first game... :)

Yeah, I was quite happy with how he played, and he should be able to keep his spot in the team with injuries (and possible suspensions :( )

I just loved that he wouldn't take and sh*t from Baker at one stage. Got a bit of a push so just pushed him back

Based on available talent I would get rid of both McDougall and Staker come years end. The D-Mac has earned his spot playing a great game and some of his decision making and his composure were well above the level expected of a rookie

DMac did well, especially against a tough side like the Saints.
He's a big lad too.

I reckon he's done enough to stay in the side against the Pies.

materamagic said:
Based on available talent I would get rid of both McDougall and Staker come years end. The D-Mac has earned his spot playing a great game and some of his decision making and his composure were well above the level expected of a rookie

Why exactly would you get rid of McDougall and Staker. Please answer cos I need a good laugh.

materamagic said:
You've made two statements. Are they linked?

Why would you get rid of those guys?

I'd be happy to trade Staker for the right price, but I don't think we should be actively seeking to offload them just because McConnell had a good debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

94_Eagles said:
Did well and completely outclassed Staker who has played 20+ games than him.

What a surprise.
What do you do with a guy like Staker?

I think everyone acknowledges that he could, even should, be a good player. But he just doesn't look up to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

McConnell debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back