News McDonald to leave the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
GIANTS Assistant Coach James McDonald will finish with the club at the end of the 2014 season.
McDonald, who joined the GIANTS as a player and assistant coach in 2011, has indicated he wants to pursue a change of career in agribusiness and step away from AFL football.
Chief Executive David Matthews thanked McDonald for his contribution to the club over the past three years.
"James was one of our foundation players and coaches and we will always be grateful for what he has done for the development of the GIANTS," Matthews said.

- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2014-07-30/mcdonald-career-change#sthash.v2eAIXF3.dpuf

Yep. Dr Hibbert style.

Sort of a shame to see him lost to the coaching industry. I always thought he would have had the right qualities to make a good fist of a senior position. At the end of the day it comes down to a personal choice about what career he wants to pursue.

Farewell and thanks for everything fossil!

You helped build our culture and massive respect for pulling the boots back on!

So Lenny wants a coaching gig ay?

Farewell and thanks for everything fossil!

You helped build our culture and massive respect for pulling the boots back on!

So Lenny wants a coaching gig ay?

I guess another possibility is we promote Brett Hand given what a great job his doing with our neafl side
Brett is one of the best development coaches in the country and I believe he is in the correct role for us already. If the schedule allows he already contributes game day with the senior team and we would lose something if he went to a senior assistant role full time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back