Roast McGuane

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he is mediocre at the moment purely because he is young. Probably the wrong word, but he isn't a big threat at the moment I would suggest. Not saying he can't be in the future.

Well he kicked 2 of 23 goals for the dogs so he was pretty well covered by Mcguane who's 5cm shorter. Btw where did you sit today? :cool:

He's got the size and the guts , Rance has the same but they both lack skills and McGaune especially lacks discipline.

It is indeed a pity the Goo has dropped off as much as people are saying. Wouldn't it be good if he was going as well as Grimes.

I think today just shows us that 1 decent win is not enough and that we have a long way to go. We are missing Moore and Thursty looks to be headed on a one way path to destinction.

Personally I have always thought Thursty is one of the best stoppers in the league. Apparently not.

Maybe they should start playing Westhoff at CHB r the est of the years to see what he has to offer.

Speaks volumes of McGuane that he wasn't even placed on the Dog's best forwards.. Provided no offensive play and constantly put his team mates under pressure. Is a very week link back there.. Need to set a benchmark and an example of McGuane and drop him. He's not suited to the Bombers anyway..

Although there was no midfield pressure today, we reverted back to looking like witches hats in the guts...

Speaks volumes of McGuane that he wasn't even placed on the Dog's best forwards..

In fairness to McGuane, our biggest goalkicker for the day was a mid-sized forward at best. And our second best goalkicker was a resting ruckman who nobody would describe as the best anything.

Jones was the obvious matchup. Him or Grant.

Wasn't he a forward in his pre afl days? I think he should be given a full match up forward and if he can't do anything there delist him! Play all our young guys in defense for the rest of the year and let us get smashed but as long as those boys are getting games and experience it's all ok right?

should of traded him to the gc when they showed interest, he is woeful.
I lost count of the times last night where he obviously didnt back himself to kick the ball, so instead handballed it which resulted in it not always being effective. I would rather have kel moore and thursty in the team, hell...im sure even dave gourdis would have done a better job than he did. I've always disliked the guy. He's got shit for brains, a shit footballer, and a shit bloke in general (i dated one of our younger boys, so met him a fair bit...in my opinion; too cocky).

I play as a backman in local footy, i could see many glaring bad defending decisions by McGuane

a) Played behind on a taller opponent way too often, therefore even when he went the spoil his arms weren't getting to the ball

b) Ran off down the ground to create opportunities but often turned the ball over when he took this risk

c) When he did play in front he was feeling for body rather than attacking the football

Give him a week back in the reserves and bring in Thursfield

You can't single out McGuane. Everyone was excited about the 3 wins in a row, but there's been a serious reality check losing to the Bulldogs. It shows that we've still got a LONG way to go mixing it up against Melbourne clubs.

Richmond may be playing "slightly" better footy this year, but in terms of being scored against, I think we're only second behind GCS which accounts for our horrible percentage. We've snuck a few wins in via grit and determination and moments of skill, but let's not delude ourselves, we're a big-tall down in defense and we're letting other teams kick too many goals against us to compete with 75% of the competition.

Usual BF thread. We get absolutely panted at centre clearances and stoppages and the backline is hopless! Sorry lay the blame where its due, our midfielders got belted at stoppages so the ball was in our backline super fast time after time. They did OK under the circumstances but just too short. I'm more upset about basic shit like Rance failing to touch 2 balls on the goaline.

I am not looking forward to us trying to manage Hille and Ryder this week with the height and strength these guys have if the Essendon midfield towel us up also. We just need a decent tall down back and God we miss Tuck's strength in the middle.

I watched the game again on fox and Mcguane was good. Been good all season. Obviously some of our fans just have a dislike for him and they bring that dislike to each game and he's played a bad game even before a ball is bounced. He was our best tall defender easily yesteday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the game again on fox and Mcguane was good. Been good all season. Obviously some of our fans just have a dislike for him and they bring that dislike to each game and he's played a bad game even before a ball is bounced. He was our best tall defender easily yesteday.

Your'e delusional mate. Wouldnt get a game in any top 8 sides. He is a hack of the highest order cant KICK. He will handball it more often then not.

Your'e delusional mate. Wouldnt get a game in any top 8 sides. He is a hack of the highest order cant KICK. He will handball it more often then not.

I think you should stop drinking at games(that's if you even go) :thumbsu:
Still trying to find Mcguanes hospital handpass from yesterdays game. I reckon I'll be looking for a while ;)

I like his attack and aggression. He has weaknesses, he has had them since he started. The main criticisms being his disposal/decision making and awareness. I think that he has not improved on these as much as we would have liked.

Still, as it stands right now he is one of our better defenders. To me it highlights even more that the priority for our side come the end of the year is a KPD. It's not like our KPDs in the VFL are demanding selection, so I think this might save McGuane for now. He was poor yesterday, and to be completely honest he's fighting an uphill battle to be part of this future backline. He is saved by one thing and one thing only atm, and that's that our backline is shit.

I like his attack and aggression. He has weaknesses, he has had them since he started. The main criticisms being his disposal/decision making and awareness. I think that he has not improved on these as much as we would have liked.
This.

I've always liked him because he has a crack and has some niggle about him, but overall his game isn't up to AFL standard imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast McGuane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back