McKenna GC Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

He's done apprenticeships under 2 premiership winning coaches. Was always a 'smart' player. Seems like a quality appointment. Good luck to him.

another collingwood reject, if cant get job at pies ahead of mick he aint any good

Gold Coast for McKenna
RSSFont downFont largerPrint1:54 PM Wed 13 August, 2008

Collingwood assistant Guy McKenna is headed to the Gold Coast

Wed, Aug 13, 08
COLLINGWOOD assistant coach Guy McKenna has been appointed the inaugural coach of the Gold Coast's AFL franchise.

The franchise GC17 announced McKenna had signed a two-year deal to coach the side in the Victorian under-18 competition next year and then in the VFL in 2010.

Gold Coast will enter as the 17th team in the AFL in 2011 and McKenna said he was confident he could earn another contract after his first two seasons in charge.

McKenna, 39, beat a field of six candidates, and is expected to see out his contract at the Magpies – who are vying for a place in the finals – before starting on the Gold Coast.

McKenna played 267 games for West Coast from 1988-2000 and served as an assistant coach at the Eagles before he coached Claremont in the WAFL for a season in the WAFL.

He joined Collingwood in 2004.

More to come
Brought to you by AAP

Be interested to know who the other 5 candidates were.

I'm surprised Sean Hart didn't get the job (if he applied).

Anyway good luck to McKenna.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He booted out of Claremont and West Coast. Seems like a real tosser who happen to be very skillful and smart footballer. Two years on trial is a great idea for Gold Coast and open options when they need to make a decision.

I didn't see anything on the news at all about Guy McKenna. So I am saying that Channel Ten are going off crap rumours that some misinformed person has rung up SEN and announced it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back