Universal Love McPharlin

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute legend of the game, one of the best if not THE best chb/fb of the modern era.
The video on the AFL site says it all, wish we could have got to the GF for him.

Am i missing something? Has he actually come out saying he is retiring? I know the chances of him going on next year are literally the slimest of slim but i still have that 1 percent hope he will.. Even just to save him for the finals next year... Plays one or two regular season hames then plays finals.. Im drunk still i know :cry:

Am i missing something? Has he actually come out saying he is retiring? I know the chances of him going on next year are literally the slimest of slim but i still have that 1 percent hope he will.. Even just to save him for the finals next year... Plays one or two regular season hames then plays finals.. Im drunk still i know :cry:

90% chance he's done. 50% chance Pavlich is done I would say.

It's going to take awhile for it to sink in...

Will look back on Luke with only the fondest of memories.
Rarely beaten, great bloke and one of the finest players to pull on our jumper.
Farewell Champion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had Fremantle progressed through to next week's Grand Final, if McPharlin recovered from injury, would he have been picked to play?

All great careers come to end eventually. A pity the end has seemingly come.
Things happen, or other things reach the shore to be tended to.

Feeling so sad. It's all but official, but it's looking like the end of one of the best players we've had. He was one of the absolute best KP backman of his era. But for injury and lack of team success, would go down among the greats of the game.

Either way, he will forever be a great in the hearts and minds of the Purple.

Just quietly, I've always had a bit of man crush on him too ... love you Luke.

I'm heartbroken! I also feel really awful for not sticking around to see it!

Don't be. I stayed pretty late and I didn't see it. I think he did his little walk around after they had pretty much cleared everybody out. It was obviously just a little moment he wanted to have by himself/wife and the ground he has commanded for so long.

Don't be. I stayed pretty late and I didn't see it. I think he did his little walk around after they had pretty much cleared everybody out. It was obviously just a little moment he wanted to have by himself/wife and the ground he has commanded for so long.

Ahh ok, that makes me feel a little better, going to miss him so much!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My buddy just couldn't get his body right for the last dance
Absolute legend, will go down in freo folklore. Sorry the team couldn't get you a shot at the big one

Absolute legend of the game, one of the best if not THE best chb/fb of the modern era.
The video on the AFL site says it all, wish we could have got to the GF for him.

watching that vid - absolutely devastated for him brought tears to my eyes watching it but makes my blood boil,absolutely f!@#in livid with the players not getting over the line for him. Committee needs to burn that video into the players retinas

Farewell macca was gut wrenching to see those scenes of you walking on the ground with your wife.Unfortunately the job couldn't get done, but you'll always be remembered as true class no doubt about that
:)

Champion of a player,a Legend of our Club.So sad to see him go and will be missed.
All the Best for the future and thank you for all the memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love McPharlin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back