MRP / Trib. McPhee offered a Week

Remove this Banner Ad

A week is better than what I thought was coming, so I reckon they should take it and thank their lucky stars.

About time we got a break with the MRP anyway.

I guess McPhee is getting the benefit of our turn with the 'good' karma is stead of the 'crap' karma that seems to come our way from time to time. Would have preferred McPharlin got the benefit a couple of weeks back but I'll take what ever we can get,

I don't think it is nearly as bad as some are making out. Gilbert changed directions quickly and McPhee is too slow and not agile enough to react properly. Probably should have tried to tackle, but would have been a nice team lifting hit if he had shirt-fronted him legally, which I presume is what he was trying.

I don't think it is nearly as bad as some are making out. Gilbert changed directions quickly and McPhee is too slow and not agile enough to react properly. Probably should have tried to tackle, but would have been a nice team lifting hit if he had shirt-fronted him legally, which I presume is what he was trying.

exactly i dont know why people think it would have been more.

high contact
low impact
reckless

that was always only ever going to be a 1-2 week suspension... if he had of had a better record he would have been given a reprimand...

I didn't see the bump until the next day. After listening to the radio call and reading the blogs I thought he had a lot to answer for.
When I saw it the 1st time my immediate reaction was, bad luck, For both players. In fact Gilbert looked to pull out of a body blow and wore it on the chin. While McPhee was expecting a shoulder hit from Gilbert and had nowhere to go when Gilbert took the head hit instead of a shoulder bump.

I think the match committee got right.

I did also wonder where was the free kick or report or the fines for melee? There was what, 6 or 8 players taking on McPhee? No fines?

A few got in some nice punches on him also.

I think the closeup camera angle that showed it perfectly made it look worse.

Still very lucky with just 1 week though.

Hopefully next time he chooses the better option of a front on bone crunching rugby style tackle.
Can hurt them fairly an possibly even get a free kick for it.

I can just imagine Leigh was itching to say what he really thought ... "should have hit him harder and knocked him out".

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. McPhee offered a Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back