MDFL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Who has filled the M Lockyer boots? Seems quiet
Mick Lockyer hard to replace - a special talent with a skill set pretty unique

Nevertheless they’ve pulled a few out of Geelong in recent times.

Henry Walsh (brother of Sam ie.Carlton) works locally and is a 7ft ruckman who’s a fair bit above average.

They should push to make the top 5 in what will be a very competitive race between 7 sides I would say.

A local played on the weekend who goes ok - Daniel Nicholson played as Sth Warrnambool had a week off.

Mick Lockyer hard to replace - a special talent with a skill set pretty unique

Nevertheless they’ve pulled a few out of Geelong in recent times.

Henry Walsh (brother of Sam ie.Carlton) works locally and is a 7ft ruckman who’s a fair bit above average.

They should push to make the top 5 in what will be a very competitive race between 7 sides I would say.

A local played on the weekend who goes ok - Daniel Nicholson played as Sth Warrnambool had a week off.
Thanks for the updates.

Woorndoo seem a bit stronger this season Roy with a win over demons. Who have they picked up n how are the pemberton brothers going?

Woorndoo seem a bit stronger this season Roy with a win over demons. Who have they picked up n how are the pemberton brothers going?
Tim McIntyre - ex Koroit / Warrnambool / Crows
Sam Jasper - ex Broadbeach / Horsham Saints

Pemberton’s are both good players albeit ageing

Woorndoo lost the GF to Tatyoon last year by 2-3 goals so I wouldn’t say they’re necessary’s stronger.

As an overall comment I would say the standard of footy is slipping not improving.

I would say that it is consistent across all leagues in the South West.

Woorndoo lost the GF to Tatyoon last year by 2-3 goals so I wouldn’t say they’re necessary’s stronger.

As an overall comment I would say the standard of footy is slipping not improving.

I think across country footy overall that could be the case. Numbers .

Anyone heard about incidents in the WM/LD game? I'm hearing concussed players going back onto the ground and plenty of fights with at least 1 serious facial injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard about incidents in the WM/LD game? I'm hearing concussed players going back onto the ground and plenty of fights with at least 1 serious facial injury?
Two players clashed heads going for the ball - nothing in it but one has pretty severe injuries as a result - as for potentially concussed players going back on the ground that is a club issue - no fights that I am aware of

Two players clashed heads going for the ball - nothing in it but one has pretty severe injuries as a result - as for potentially concussed players going back on the ground that is a club issue - no fights that I am aware of
Wayne Loader for Woorndoo? Footy legend! 2 goals on weekend.

Quite a few smashings on weekend. This league almost has 2 divisions.

Quite a few smashings on weekend. This league almost has 2 divisions.
Not quite

Two undefeated sides - at this stage 10 goals better than anyone else - followed by a group of six that are all relatively even and depending upon availability can beat anyone on their day - then another 10 goal gap to the bottom 4.

Not quite

Two undefeated sides - at this stage 10 goals better than anyone else - followed by a group of six that are all relatively even and depending upon availability can beat anyone on their day - then another 10 goal gap to the bottom 4.
Hi royboy, what is your take on things after the weekend? A couple of big wins for top sides.

Hi royboy, what is your take on things after the weekend? A couple of big wins for top sides.
Only two in it - both undefeated - they play each other in two weeks

Raffle the rest but unless there are a lot of June 30 signings - the top
2 have a fair bit on the rest.

Penshurst
Wickliffe Lake Bolac

Hawkesdale MacArthur
Woorndoo
Glenthompson Dunkeld
Lismore Derrinallum
Ararat Eagles
Tatyoon

Great Western

SMW Rovers
Moyston Willaura
Caramut

Only two in it - both undefeated - they play each other in two weeks

Raffle the rest but unless there are a lot of June 30 signings - the top
2 have a fair bit on the rest.

Penshurst
Wickliffe Lake Bolac

Hawkesdale MacArthur
Woorndoo
Glenthompson Dunkeld
Lismore Derrinallum
Ararat Eagles
Tatyoon

Great Western

SMW Rovers
Moyston Willaura
Caramut
Wickliffe lake bolac got the job done.

Don’t get carried away - Penshurst had a few out - onkyb9 points in it on a wettish day with Penshurst kicking the last 3 - wouldn’t have wanted to go much longer
Ararat Eagles gave Tatyoon a fair touch up I see ... not a bad scoreline either (16-12 to 5-7) if it was wet there as well. That's gotta be a little surprising, right?

Ararat Eagles gave Tatyoon a fair touch up I see ... not a bad scoreline either (16-12 to 5-7) if it was wet there as well. That's gotta be a little surprising, right?
The word in the underground grapevine is that they could have a big name player coming back - Tatyoon will not make the five

Ok I ll keep an eye out thanks royboy what’s the ladder looking like?
WLB
Penshurst

Hawkesdale/MacArthur

Lismore/Derri
Ararat
Woorndoo

Glenthompson/Dunkeld

Tatyoon

Great Western

Rovers

Moyston/Willaura
Caramut

Bye next weekend followed by Round 11 when Moyston host the Muts in the battle of the Wooden Spoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back