MDFL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The word in the underground grapevine is that they could have a big name player coming back - Tatyoon will not make the five
What's been Tatyoon's biggest issue this season Royboy? Certainly made a splash with some recruits over the off season

WLB
Penshurst

Hawkesdale/MacArthur

Lismore/Derri
Ararat
Woorndoo

Glenthompson/Dunkeld

Tatyoon

Great Western

Rovers

Moyston/Willaura
Caramut

Bye next weekend followed by Round 11 when Moyston host the Muts in the battle of the Wooden Spoon
How the demons are 4th I ll never know! Maybe the fixture. How’s demons seconds?

How the demons are 4th I ll never know! Maybe the fixture. How’s demons seconds?
They’ll be there abouts - I cannot stress how even 3rd to 7th are - lost if close games and the last four rounds - which are the sides you play twice for the year will be crucial. Couple of seriously good individual players running around here - a full strength Interleague team would be a real good side.

LD’s 2’s will continue to build from now until finals.

What's been Tatyoon's biggest issue this season Royboy? Certainly made a splash with some recruits over the off season
Lost arguably there 3 best players all starting in the middle, ruck, rover and a freak who bar for another would have won 🥇 back to back Lewis Medals - recruits have belted up the weak but struggled against the top sides. Father Time may finally have caught them.

Penshurst have re-signed Watson & Rentsch as coaches for 2025. Luke Searle to join the coaching group too.
Should keep them in good stead going forward?

Updated Rankings

Penshurst
WLB

Hawkesdale MacArthur

Ararat
Lismore Derrinallum

Tatyoon
Woorndoo
Glenthompson Dunkeld

Great Western

SMW Rovers

Moyston Willaura

Caramut
When was the last time Caramut played finals? Surprised they are still going around…..come last nearly every year. If they ever looked to merge who would be the most likely candidates??

When was the last time Caramut played finals? Surprised they are still going around…..come last nearly every year. If they ever looked to merge who would be the most likely candidates?? Do
Woorndoo would be the most logical…

Penshurst Best Buy they’re travelling the best of any club in the league across the board

Is there any other talks regarding mergers ie Moyston or anyone Royboy
None that I am aware of - Caramut have been forecast to have folded for the last 5 but every year they turn up but honestly I think there’s signs of trouble at more than half of the clubs

3 Rounds to go,

Ararat Eagles v Lismore Derrinallum is a crucial game this week, particularly for the Demons.

Win and they play finals, lose and the trap door opens up with games against two of the top 3 to finish.

Woorndoo who are out of soldiers have a dream run home playing bottom 4 sides - they could still sneak into 5th.

Tatyoon will not play finals this year for the first time in a long while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Penshurst should win the flag. Some super dangerous forwards and a midfield who can match any in the comp. Playing a granny at Tatyoon should be interesting with how small it is.

What did you make of the weekends results Royboy?
Horrid conditions both days with strong winds making good footy difficult - both good games - don’t know how Penshurst won given they didn’t play well and the conditions didn’t suit them but somehow they did. Sunday was a good game that see sawed but ultimately the best team won. Intriguing Preliminary Final ahead where i think it will be a lot closer than some believe. Lismore Derri have what WLB don’t - a dominant ruck and a gun key forward

Remove this Banner Ad

MDFL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back