kranger

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2006
Kalamunda
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan District
I just wanted to say my dismay with the crowd booing medhurst everytime he got the ball. and it was getting louder as the game went on to, so as people realised who it was and why the crowd was booing other people joined in.

i thought medhurst was a good player and it wasn't his fault he was traded, we wouldn't play him and we had farmer, and we got tarrant for him to, so why boo medhurst when it was the club that let him go?

don't get me wrong i love the crowds atmosphere and totally soak it up, and try to make more noise and get things going, it's just that i didn't see it right for us to boo him, boo any other collingwood player, but medhurst was a good player for us who we all loved.

I thought it started out that no-one made much noise - but then his first two kicks were shockers and people kind of jeered / bronx cheered his poor efforts... then some of the tossers in the crowd got a bit caught up in the "pack mentality" and kept on with it - and made it bigger and louder as the game went on.

As I did mention in the other thread - there were two brothers sititng behind me, not normally the ones that sit there. They were prob about 18-20 ish, one was a weagle and one was a pie (or said he was anyway very loudly at the start... was prob also a weag now I think about it). They were both booing Medhurst heartily every time he got the ball. :rolleyes:

Well, he did get a cheer for his first two kicks, even if it was only because he stuffed them up. :eek:

I don't know why people get so upset about booing. It's not malicious (well, sometimes it is, but usually only at the umps) it's a part of the game.

Tarrant gets booed when he plays Collingwood. Farmer gets booed when he plays anywhere but Subi. The players who have a bit of mental strength use it to will them on. Those who don't might get a bit rattled by it.

It's a mark of respect. If he wasn't getting the ball, we'd have no reason to boo him.

The booing was very ordinary, no matter how it was served up. The bloke liked it here and didn't want to go.

Who cares?

Anyone that's been to a Collingwood game in Melbourne can attest to the bath that Tarrant gets everytime over there. Despite him being reluctant to move.

So stuff it. If that's the way Collingwood fans behave... they can hardly complain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh will get booed too !!
It won't bother him though!!
Its just the way it is !
I booed !!
icon11.gif

hell yes josh will get booed, and i will be one of them, because he walked out on us, even though i loved him when he was here, he left... but medhurst didn't which is the difference... and i love booing, when it is appropriatte eg any umpire...

at least we weren't flodding with the thanks for medhurst taunts post match from the Collingwood posters. It must be hard when you pump him up all week only to suffer fail.

I didn't boo. Just becasue Collingwood do it should be even more of a reason for us not to. However, he is wearing prison bars so that makes him fair game....

Is it just me, or is he pretty much the same player who gets more freekicks because he is in a Collingwood guernsey, which therefore increases his confidence which makes him look like a better player? I thought he was a bit stiff in the free kicks department for us, as purple probably didn't suit him, but he just seems same old medders, just gets confidence from goals from freekicks...I dunno just could be me..

Is it just me, or is he pretty much the same player who gets more freekicks because he is in a Collingwood guernsey, which therefore increases his confidence which makes him look like a better player? I thought he was a bit stiff in the free kicks department for us, as purple probably didn't suit him, but he just seems same old medders, just gets confidence from goals from freekicks...I dunno just could be me..

That exact thought crossed my mind last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Medhurst

Remove this Banner Ad

Back