Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - great idea and great to harness the skills and influence of the women who support the Lions.

Lixy_ has joined up this morning and is almost as great as I am.

What about Lulu? They could use a mascot.

Yep - great idea and great to harness the skills and influence of the women who support the Lions.

Lixy_ has joined up this morning and is almost as great as I am.

Yeah, I get by. It's hard in James North's shadow. :rolleyes:

Stoked on the Women of The Pride thing. :)

Haha, yeah TheBrownDog, Lulu would be all over it if she found out that she'd get something to wear and be photographed in. Prima donna. :p

Yeah, I get by. It's hard in James North's shadow. :rolleyes:

Stoked on the Women of The Pride thing. :)

Haha, yeah TheBrownDog, Lulu would be all over it if she found out that she'd get something to wear and be photographed in. Prima donna. :p

At least you can console yourself with the knowledge that a large portion of lions upper management doesn't dislike you immensely :thumbsu:;)

I'm glad to see how many positive changes we've made in the past 12 months. Really exciting. As a whole the AFL is a leader in these types of issues comparatively in Australia (with the likes of the NRL etc). Really really positive and healthy steps.

Last edited:
Some serious concessions being made by Sharpless to stay in the role another year. Having a look at all of the environments Lethal has been involved in over the last 30+ years, I think Lethal will be running the show and Sharpless will become a figure head. Like the queen.

As I posted somewhere last year, I sat next to Sharpless at a sportsman's lunch in mid-2014 and was pretty impressed with him, despite my considerable scepticism/antipathy towards him beforehand. Nice bloke, not arrogant and seemed to be a very genuine supporter of the club.

Since the Springfield fiasco Sharpless appears, to me at least, to be doing a reasonable job as Chairman, and at the moment I continue to give him the benefit of the doubt .

I'm happy for Sharpless to step down when his term is up, and for Leigh to step up if he's motivated to do so, but Sharpless' ongoing tenure in the interim is unlikely to cause me any grief.

Cue Alan Smithee....

As I posted somewhere last year, I sat next to Sharpless at a sportsman's lunch in mid-2014 and was pretty impressed with him, despite my considerable scepticism/antipathy towards him beforehand. Nice bloke, not arrogant and seemed to be a very genuine supporter of the club.

Since the Springfield fiasco Sharpless appears, to me at least, to be doing a reasonable job as Chairman, and at the moment I continue to give him the benefit of the doubt .

I'm happy for Sharpless to step down when his term is up, and for Leigh to step up if he's motivated to do so, but Sharpless' ongoing tenure in the interim is unlikely to cause me any grief.

Cue Alan Smithee....
Yeah I met him and Peter Wellington at the Member's Forum last year and was surprisingly disarmed by the bloke. I'm a pretty easy going person normally but I agree with Judge's assessment; not arrogant, nice and deserving of the benefit of the doubt now Springfield was quietly drowned in Bulimba Creek.

The questions about the conflict of interests cant just be swept away because, it appears, Springfield wont get up. That's like trying to shoot someone and missing and going "no harm, no foul".

But...the appearances of an united board aid the public perception of the club, but as I have said before I dont think Matthews plays second banana very well and will be the guy driving this bus out of hellsville.

The questions about the conflict of interests cant just be swept away because, it appears, Springfield wont get up. That's like trying to shoot someone and missing and going "no harm, no foul".

But...the appearances of an united board aid the public perception of the club, but as I have said before I dont think Matthews plays second banana very well and will be the guy driving this bus out of hellsville.
I agree. Further to that, it can't be discounted that the man is in this position at no-one's choice, other than Angus and the AFL. Had members'wishes been upheld, 2 AGMs ago, he would never have been appointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christie is doing an amazing job supporting Leppa.

I think this is a really positive thing for Leppa to have her so supportive and involved but also for the team in creating a sense of family. So too Rocky's mother. The sense of satisfaction in a club can't be under-estimated in making people feel supported and like they belong.

Yeah I met him and Peter Wellington at the Member's Forum last year and was surprisingly disarmed by the bloke. I'm a pretty easy going person normally but I agree with Judge's assessment; not arrogant, nice and deserving of the benefit of the doubt now Springfield was quietly drowned in Bulimba Creek.
On that basis I'd say both of you were armless.

On that basis I'd say both of you were armless.
tumblr_mtxirs2WY71so9jxeo1_400.gif

Long enough on top of his existing contract to get us to the top & threepeat. Let's not lock him in for 10 at this stage.
2 years tops for me. Paying compensation (if required within your 5 year window) is a waste of $'s. Short contracts also focus the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back