Media Hype

Remove this Banner Ad

vosstheboss

Team Captain
Aug 20, 2004
Other Teams
brisbane
I Can not believe how much hype there is about the Brisbane Vs Gelong which is good for us but you would think that there was only one game on this week. Not much about Port and St Kilda.

The media have short memories Brisbane had injuries going into last years Grand Final and we pumped collingwood.

If you ask me Leigh Mathews is playing the media which he doesso well. One final thing.

I have a Message to Brown If you want to play in next weeks Grand Final if we make it walk away from any fights that break out. Brisbane know how to beat Geelong it is time to give them a football Lesson.

What about the Melbourne Herald Sun today and its big expose on the lions' supposed injuries? Are they trying to drum up false support for Geelong or what?

Couldn't agree more that is exactly what I am telling about If Brisbane win 4 this year Victory will be even sweeter because of this Hyped up crap. Haha Lets do it for Macca.

You wanna try living in Brisbane mate! Only game being talked about here is the Cowboys V Broncos game.

I think AFL in Qld has taken a massive step backwards, regardless of premierships etc now. All people are saying is lookwhat the NRL did to move the game to Townsville and look what the AFL are doing to the reigning triple premiers!!

No positive press around at the moment let alone any hype!!

Dont worry about the media hype as Leigh Matthews said himself, "we know the date, we know the time & we know the prize" & that's all that matters! :cool:

fugitive said:
Dont worry about the media hype as Leigh Matthews said himself, "we know the date, we know the time & we know the prize" & that's all that matters! :cool:
No argument in the short term as the short term prize is 2004 premiership cup but in the long term massive damage has been done to the crediblity of the AFL. Last week's AFL finals were shown at 10.00pm in North Queenland and now they want good ratings on this week's games or they won't be shown direct in the future. I'm afraid all the talk is about the cowboys vs the broncos. They did all this for "grass roots football", give me a break.

Lady Lawrence said:
You wanna try living in Brisbane mate! Only game being talked about here is the Cowboys V Broncos game.

I think AFL in Qld has taken a massive step backwards, regardless of premierships etc now. All people are saying is lookwhat the NRL did to move the game to Townsville and look what the AFL are doing to the reigning triple premiers!!

I know what you mean Rugby league is so boring if I lived in Queensland I would have to have fox Footy not everyone likes Rugby mind you it is a rugby state

Lady Lawrence said:

QUOTE]

I agree.

The NRL has shot itself in the foot a few times over the years, but have stolen a massive march on our game with this Broncos/Cowboys coup.

With the Lions forced away from their rightful home prelim, as well as the huge Vic beat-up over the Brown "rough-play" non-event, the perception is in Brisbane (maybe all over QLD) that the Lions are being white-anted by the AFL, and that after all, it really is just a Victorian game being run by well-entrenched Victorian self-interest.

Meanwhile, it's all sweetness and light in Rugby League land, with the NRL gaining huge brownie points with the QLD publc, having made great mileage out of how brilliantly they handled "extrememly complex negotiations" to get their game shifted from SYDNEY to Townsville "for the good of the game".

I don't think there will be any prizes for guessing which code will dominate back pages in QLd newspapers on Sunday morning, regardless of the outcome of the respective matches.

All bad news for Aussie Rules in Queensland I'm afraid.

Lady Lawrence said:

Don't worry, when Bronco's get knocked out (possibly not this weekend) and the Lions win the flag the tune will sound a little different I expect.

Dave

As could be expected, the RL not only dominated the back page of the the Brisbane SM but was also plastered over the FRONT page as well.

You have to wade about fourteen (that's 14) pages back to get the match report for the Lions-Geelong PF.

On a brighter note, I heard on NIRS radio last night that the live telecast into Brisbane, of the Port-St Kilda PF on Friday night rated its socks off and that Channel 10 was absolutely delighted with the results.

A "peak" audience of 230,000 was mentioned, which is apparantly an excellent result for 10.

Does anyone have any more details about this and/or the ratings for the Lions-Geelong PF last night or know where you can get them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Hype

Remove this Banner Ad

Back