Melbourne Storm Away Form

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Real concern. I'd say tonight's performance against Newcastle was insipid. Not very happy, they should have won but only turned up for ten minutes after Newcastle had scored 26 points.

Some thoughts -

- clearly struggling to score (disregard the flurry at the end, when the game was on, didn't look like it ala most away games this year)
- lack of muscle (yes, lack of muscle), seemed that Newcastle ran through a heap of tackles but Storm were running into brick walls (Tolman stopped by Gidley two metres out? WTF? And on another note, next time Tolman, pass it when you have a support runner free with no defender)
- Offloads - seems that every team can offload easy against Storm and keep the ball alive. This is been happening for sometime now and that try Newcastle got tonight was pull your hair out shit.
- Generally just look flat everytime they play away.

Need to recruit well in the off season.

we cant recruit..our cap is just about full

although he signed up Chase Stanley and a sharks under 20's player.. (forget his name)

our attack has been a prob all year..just not clicking into gear and the simple things arent working..

Opposition players seem to slip out of our tackles too easily.
Last night was comical. We were so poor. Manly will give us a severe touch up this Sunday.
We are too predictable. Down the middle, down the middle.
Our left hand side is weak and exploitable.
We will have to win our last two to stay in the top 4, but it's all academic. Won't get past week 2 of the finals.

meltiger;15420226 re: The Storm's form said:
True...missing Smith and Crocker and Izzy heaps.

Been hard hit with injuries this year hasn't helped either.
To top it off this week, especially, GI's absence would have had an influence on the team.

I really didn't expect much from the Storm this year anyway...
Thought we might just scrape into the 8.

Smith isnt playing as well, Slater not nearly as well (and he butchered a try as well) and now Inglis is missing. Just about all over for Melbourne this year

slater and smith are obviously struggling from origin, inglis didnt help the cause.

Roosters next week should give us some confidence lol

Manly get arsey tries and win. ****ing pissed off.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this.

So so true...their first try was off a forward pass just for starters.
The ball wouldn't bounce for us at all today...no doubt we were the best team on the day, but didn't win. Had so much field possession in the 1st half, but only managed 1 try.

At least this week the effort was there....our away form is a huge worry though...and trust the Warriors to hit their straps just when we are about to play them:mad:

AND get rid of SOO until the end of the year I reckon:D

AND that merkin Matai feigning injury with a few minutes to play to kill time....I hate Manly with a passion.

Just about all over for Melbourne this year

St George lost over the weekend, 2 in a row now.

I didn't watch the game, but did the Gold Coast beat Cronulla 20-10? (May have been the TC score, I only quickly took a squiz at 513 this morning) If so, that's hardly convincing form.

There are teams the other finalists would rather play than the Storm during the finals series.

AND get rid of SOO until the end of the year I reckon:D

:rolleyes: Balmainforever and i were having this argument with someone on friday night believe it or not.

Brisbane have won 5 (or 6 depending on your POV ;)) premierships in 20 years and have lost more players to SOO than the Storm ever will.

SOO is far more crucial to the national exposure of the game than a club with a tiny, niche following.

Be thankful we still don't have the Panasonic Cup ... When your players are playing 4 games in the space of a week ... Then we'll talk about how 'hard' it is ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries are a real curse this year.

Lima's gone with a broken thumb, and yet to be confirmed Cross has a fractured ankle.

But that's footy I guess...bad and good years for all teams on the injury front...and this year is Storm's year and Cronulla's year:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Storm Away Form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back