Melbourne Trades/Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

harper23 said:
Would demons trade Caroll?

Say Caroll to Western Bulldogs for Sam Power or Brad Murphy + 3rd round pick?

Wouldn't trade a promising key defender for 2 blokes who'd struggle to get a game. Key defenders arent our strong point as it is.

mojo31 said:
Green would be a lot of help in our team. He would be introduced to Mr Stenglein and Mr K Cornes and struggle to have any influence. He is a very skilled hf flanker who kicks goals. A luxury at good teams but not at poor ones. Will be 25 early next year and over 120 games up says he is unlikely to be able to change his game much.
The sort of player Melb might look to trade for what they need. An in and under midfielder and a tall backman. Bartel and Polak spring to mind who might be available.

I don't know if Carlton would want Yze, but I believe he will be gone from the club by the end of the year. I don't know about Bartel, but we certainly need another in and under player. I have no mail on this, but I wonder if Carlton would do a direct swap of Whitnall for Ferguson and Armstrong.

deelited said:
I don't know if Carlton would want Yze, but I believe he will be gone from the club by the end of the year. I don't know about Bartel, but we certainly need another in and under player. I have no mail on this, but I wonder if Carlton would do a direct swap of Whitnall for Ferguson and Armstrong.

Carlton wouldn't go for that trade and I'd rather keep Ferguson regardless, he won't be traded anyway, with a bit of bulk he is the backman we've been looking for.

superstar_09 said:
Power for Caroll. Sounds like a good trade.

Melbourne would not trade Carroll. He showed plenty at the end of the season and would be in there future plans. At worst he has Bizzells spot on the third tall.

Steven Armstrong - Done very little. He's from WA i think so could be a possible option for Fremantle. Very little trade value and if anything worth a late draft pick.

Clint Bizzell - If Melbourne want to trade him then there would easily be teams willing to take him from the Dees hands and try kick start his career.

Simon Godfrey - Might be kept because he appears to be the Dees only youngish tagger. Other than that is not one of the teams best midfielders and would be worth very little at the trade table. Could be one of those delisting/success stories at another club though he will probably be having to contend with the pressure of waiting to hear his name called out on draft day. With Port looking for midfielders you never know what could happen.

Chris Heffernen - I could see another club trying to get him to produce good football. Will most likely be traded and if nothing can be arranged will more than likely be delisted. Little value though a side will take him i think.

Cameron Hunter - Wasting a perfectly good spot on the list. Passenger to the max. Delist.

Nick Smith - Sitting on the list doing nothing. Worth jack all and deserves a delisting.

Daniel Ward - Spare parts player. With his long kicking might be able to find himself a new home. I think he'll be traded and if nothing comes of it another delisting.

Luke Williams. Surprising he has been retained for so many years. Useless player. Delist. Doubtful the Dees could give him away.

Shannon Motlop. Trade - If nothing can be arranged the Dees would keep him. If they are serious about a flag then passengers like him must be forced of the list to improve overall competitiveness in the side.

BulldogMike said:
Clint Bizzell - If Melbourne want to trade him then there would easily be teams willing to take him from the Dees hands and try kick start his career.

Kick start his career... haha the guys 30 - i think it's a bit late to kick start a player's career!!!

superstar_09 said:
Following the weekends name the dees need to rebuild.
The following is a list of players i would delist or trade
Steven Armstrong - Hasn't come on at all. Could have value in trading
Clint Bizzel - Passed by Rivers, Fergurson, Carrol. Would be interest in him
Simon Godfrey - His disposal is a joke. Delisting
Chris Heffernen - Cya Later. Delisting
Cameron Hunter - 3 seasons for 2 games. Had long enough. Delisting
Nick Smith - See above
Daniel Ward - Looks lost without his fellow red heads.

Worthy of discussion.

Steven Armstrong - For some reason Daniher doesn't play him, I think he could do very well at the right club but sadly it's not Melbourne
Clint Bizzel - Should never have given him a 3 year contract, this could hurt
Simon Godfrey - Godders is ok, problem is you can only afford onr of these types of players at once. Our last final we have Godders, Heffernan and Read
Chris Heffernen - See Godders
Cameron Hunter - Gone
Nick Smith - Was given an extension to his contract early this year (or late last year), he's never been able to train for more than a couple of months without getting injured. Next year last chance.
Daniel Ward - Wanted to go last year but no one was willing to trade.

Who you missed:
Read
Rigoni
Nicholson
McDonald
Holland

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Trades/Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back