Membership Tally. Is it real?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that I want to take any success away from our success-starved club

But having just seen the latest Member Email from the club it has our membership tally as 40,423. This is a magnificent achievement

However, is there anywhere I can see a breakdown of these memberships? Whilst it's fine for these numbers to be bandied around like notches on an unreasonably tall bedpost, I'd like to know what kind of memberships are getting included in this total

3 game memberships?
Pet memberships?
Membership by name only and no match rights?
Baby memberships for $3 or whatever?

I'd rather not have these included ... of course, interstate memberships (like mine) are perfectly fine to have included in the list :)

Does anybody know where one might get a breakdown of the membership types that make up the 40,423?

Not that I want to take any success away from our success-starved club

But having just seen the latest Member Email from the club it has our membership tally as 40,423. This is a magnificent achievement

However, is there anywhere I can see a breakdown of these memberships? Whilst it's fine for these numbers to be bandied around like notches on an unreasonably tall bedpost, I'd like to know what kind of memberships are getting included in this total

3 game memberships?
Pet memberships?
Membership by name only and no match rights?
Baby memberships for $3 or whatever?

I'd rather not have these included ... of course, interstate memberships (like mine) are perfectly fine to have included in the list :)

Does anybody know where one might get a breakdown of the membership types that make up the 40,423?

Judge,

as an example...we got 1 x Little Angel - $25
1 x Cherub Club - $25

these were both counted in the membership tally.

Judge,

as an example...we got 1 x Little Angel - $25
1 x Cherub Club - $25

these were both counted in the membership tally.

As far as I'm aware it's only the 3 game memberships and above that count in the overall figures.

The two examples above wouldn't count.

The membership figures are audited by the AFL and we'll know the final total later in the year.

At the end of the day does it really matter if the cherub or pet memberships are included?

The important thing is that your money is going to the club. :thumbsu:

On that note, there are plenty of things you can do to ensure you are supporting the club financially.

When you are in need of merchandise, buy it DIRECT from the club. That way, 100% of the profits go directly to the club. If you are at Etihad Stadium, that means buying it on the footbridge near Southern Cross Station OR the merchandise stand inside the ground near Gate 7. DON'T buy it from the Beyond Sport shop, the merchandise stall near Gate 5 or an external shop like Rebel Sport. The Beyond Sport shop at Etihad Stadium, the outlet that's behind the goals at the Coventry End that you can walk into, is owned by ESSENDON. When you're in Melbourne, buy it at the ground where I've mentioned or go down to Moorabbin. If you're interstate or overseas, get it online via the official club website or at the interstate supporters functions. Little things like that help. :)

As far as I'm aware it's only the 3 game memberships and above that count in the overall figures.

The two examples above wouldn't count.

The membership figures are audited by the AFL and we'll know the final total later in the year.

At the end of the day does it really matter if the cherub or pet memberships are included?

The important thing is that your money is going to the club. :thumbsu:

If you give something to be involved in the club I feel you can be counted
OK yes the AFL only count those with 3 game attendance attached( used to be 5)
BUT if the Dees and Pies can count the MCG members with alliance or AFL with alliance then so can we-- Just how have the Pies gone up by 10-14,000 members this year? must be counting something differant'
I did hear that the 'Churn' number was down for this year - it can be around 7% for all teams but there are as few as 2,500- 3,000 not re signed. rather than 7,000 as it has been in the past.

good work from all who signed up and yes continue to do so-.
Go Saints.

If you give something to be involved in the club I feel you can be counted
OK yes the AFL only count those with 3 game attendance attached( used to be 5)
BUT if the Dees and Pies can count the MCG members with alliance or AFL with alliance then so can we-- Just how have the Pies gone up by 10-14,000 members this year? must be counting something differant'
I did hear that the 'Churn' number was down for this year - it can be around 7% for all teams but there are as few as 2,500- 3,000 not re signed. rather than 7,000 as it has been in the past.

good work from all who signed up and yes continue to do so-.
Go Saints.

I know some clubs offer special memberships for MCC members so that they also buy a club membership. That's fair enough. A club like Melbourne miss out on thousands of potential members because their supporters are MCC members so there's no tangible benefit of buying a Melbourne FC membership. Therefore these special memberships allow them to financially support their footy clubs as well. I'm happy with that. I'm not sure if these count in the official figures. As they aren't 3 game memberships my feeling would be they wouldn't.

AFL members with St Kilda Club Support packages do count because these people are legitimate members of the St Kilda Football Club. The price of an 11 game membership is taken from their subscription and given to St Kilda. These people receive a Saints membership package and are no different to an ordinary Saints member.

With 3 game memberships now counting it stands to reason that there will be an increase across the league. Collingwood actually sold ANZAC memberships for $150 which included entry to 3 specific matches and a reserved seat. Naturally one of these games was the ANZAC Day game which is hard to get a ticket for so it was obviously going to sell well.

Well 11.500 of those memberships are social club memberships, will does reward the club richly considering they cost 310 odd.

It's too late to renew now right?

Before jumping on me I've been an 11 game member since I got my first full time job even though I'm from interstate and get to maximum two games a year. So I treat it as a donation cause half the time I go I arrive and it's not even a saints home game lol.

anyway, I'm cut I think I'm too late - however me and the handicapper (?) have spent this last year scrimping for a house deposit. Needless to say I gave up drinking (ok cut it back a lot).

We just ticked over our deposit amount and building starts in a month. If it's not too late I'm gonna set us back again lol. Kinda an early b'day present from me to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah this is like the first year I've had a job with a decent income (ok enough for beers basically) and with my dad completely screwing us over and out of SC membership I decided it wasn't worth me getting an 11 game membership, especially since I can't actually make any of the games working Fri-Sun nights :p So is it possible to still grab a 3 game membership? It'll basically just be a $75 donation to the club in reality. But I'd feel better for it!

Yeah this is like the first year I've had a job with a decent income (ok enough for beers basically) and with my dad completely screwing us over and out of SC membership I decided it wasn't worth me getting an 11 game membership, especially since I can't actually make any of the games working Fri-Sun nights :p So is it possible to still grab a 3 game membership? It'll basically just be a $75 donation to the club in reality. But I'd feel better for it!

This is where it gets hazy
Official member numbers have probably closed, yet why wouldn't you be able to pick up a 3-gamer now?

I guess an email to the club is the easiest way to find out A2R. Though you may not be included in this year's membership count

Given each club is judged by the same formula, our membership is a great achievement.

I hope you're right, in that all clubs are judged by the same formula

I hope you're right, in that all clubs are judged by the same formula

Via the AFL figures they are, so when released it'll be an indication of where the club stands on the membership tally. If anything it will be up on last year by a fair portion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership Tally. Is it real?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back