Membership Tearers - Send your membership back to the club so we can keep a list

Remove this Banner Ad

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
To all those morons saying they are going to tear up their Carlton Football Club membership, please return it to the football club membership department so we can keep a list and ensure that people like you are never given the privilege of being part of this great football club ever again.

To all those morons saying they are going to tear up their Carlton Football Club membership, please return it to the football club membership department so we can keep a list and ensure that people like you are never given the privilege of being part of this great football club ever again.

50th thread with exactly the same content over the last 24 hours.

Boring.

No they are not expendable they are just misguided. I'd urge them to have faith in the decision to trade and stick loyal to the jumper. All part of the family and always welcome back.

Your just as bad by starting another thread on the subject.
I for one would never tear up my membership , but you need to respect other peoples opinions and they can be angry for a few weeks if they like.

those plastic cards look very difficult to tear. i mean i've never tried and never will try such a thing, but they look pretty sturdy. for those thinking of it when we had pagan coaching us (and if u never cut, tore or used and oxy torch at that stage of this decade u never will) :confused: , try scissors.

Tearing up the membership/not renewing the membership is usually an idle threat because there is little else a garden variety supporter can say to express displeasure. They can go to the AGM but 90% of supporters can't be bothered doing that. Having said that, I have read reports from previous AGMs and I feel sure that most genuine questions won't get an airing and the time will be taken up with conspiracy theorists repeating themselves about the Fevola trade. Good luck Sticks and Swanny.

Love Sticks passion for the club, but I am unsure what skill set he brings to the table aside from that passion. Swanny should do every bit of our public speaking. He just comes off as unflappable and in control of every situation.

Having said that, after being president the only way you can dislodge Sticks is by vote (which will not happen) or by him leaving as anything else will be a backwards step.

He hasn't really had to do a lot of these press conferences so he may get better at it. I just think they got caught unawares. They thought they were there to discuss the big news that Fev had been traded, to give testament to his years at Carlton .. a pure football story if you like. They should also be prepared that at least one journo is going to be a self indulgent prat and look for a story where there isn't one.

Based on that presser, I see Carlton supporters agreeing with opposition trolls about how poorly we handled the whole thing. I believe they got sucked in as well. What we did and what we said were perfectly fine. The way it came across was amateurish and made it look like we were hiding something. Everything else stemmed from there.

As I said, I'm embarrassed by these so called 'members' making claims like this, I'm actually embarrassed because you could almost justify calling these people bandwagoners, and that's not what this football club stands for, what people dont understand is that swan, sticks and co made this decision in the best interests of the club, how these members are more interested in supporting fev the individual rather the the football club itself is beyond belief

These things are usually said in the heat of the moment. They are never usually meant. I know I was angry at first because I thought the club was hiding the real facts from us as members. But I would never, ever not renew my membership or tear it up.

Also to the OP don't go calling people morons or other names because they have an opinion that is different to yours. Everyone has the right to protest one way or the other if they believe something is wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership Tearers - Send your membership back to the club so we can keep a list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back