Membership Update 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be keen to find out how many members have signed up so far for the 2009 season. There is nothing on the Carlton website, although IIRC, the club did put up a membership counter after Christmas. Anyone who has any idea, please post them here. Hopefully we can keep this thread updated as we become aware of our numbers.

i'll be signing up soon.
i live in north queensland so i can claim the cheap "interstate" member but i'd rather plug a few more $$$ the clubs way and go a silver.
more support for the club is a good thing

i'll be signing up soon.
i live in north queensland so i can claim the cheap "interstate" member but i'd rather plug a few more $$$ the clubs way and go a silver.
more support for the club is a good thing

10/10 - good to hear :thumbsu:

I heard our membership was at 57,000 - then heard it was only 15,700 up until now.

I was told about 14500 Last friday 19/12/08 and they are about 1 week behind registering the members

Hopefully we get a few more after Christmas, in the lead up to the NAB Cup. Doesn't seem that many when compared to previous years around the Christmas mark.

Hopefully we get a few more after Christmas, in the lead up to the NAB Cup. Doesn't seem that many when compared to previous years around the Christmas mark.

ppl are feeling the economic pinch everywhere.
Memberships for adults let alone a whole family are expensive.
Memberships could be down at a lot of clubs in 09, and many members will sign up later than usual.

Sports will not be immune to recession. Reduced crowds compared to previous years the past 2 days at the MCG is a perfect example.

There'll be a few interesting changes next season in an attempt to minimize costs. The most drastic I have heard is Vlad's decision to drop the final quarter at all games. Will be a bonus for the less fit teams I guess. Must be other ways of saving a buck next year - anyone got any more?

Memberships could be down at a lot of clubs in 09, and many members will sign up later than usual.

Sports will not be immune to recession. Reduced crowds compared to previous years the past 2 days at the MCG is a perfect example.

Don't Hawthorn have 30,000 members already? Thats 50% up on last year. so much for the economic pinch...

I'm lazy, I usually buy mine at the start of NAB cup or week before 1st home and away season, Oh and I usually drop buy and buy it at the club (don't trust sending dosh/money orders in the mail)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the MCC Carlton Members pack!! Which works out quite well as it gets expensive when you have to pay for the MCC membership and the CFC one to! The CFC MCC members pack is awesome. :thumbsu: Around half the price of a CFC full membership to.

Whilst I agree with you in theory, both petrol prices and interest rates are at their lowest for some time, with both of them expected to come down even further.

It also may be the case that supporters may not as an expensive membership in 2009.

Whilst I agree with you in theory, both petrol prices and interest rates are at their lowest for some time, with both of them expected to come down even further.

It also may be the case that supporters may not as an expensive membership in 2009.

Frontpage of the Age last week "Household wealth has decreased by 25%"

Soon we will see not only rises in unemployment but people still employed but on reduced hours.

Interest rate relief arrived for some but others locked in at 7-9% fixed( shit they must be kicking themselves)

Many have their lost their balls completely on the stock market.

Small business owners are sufferring terribley and they make up a huge sector of our economy.

The building industry is flat which is a huge employer and usually a driving force behind the economy.

The mining sector has also had contracts cancelled and has cut production and employment.

Globally major sporting events and teams are finding it much harder to acquire sponsorship.

This will be the toughest year in a long long time.
The huge interest rate reduction only highlights the panic the Govt is in to try and avoid a recession they wont admit we are already in.

I get the MCC Carlton Members pack!! Which works out quite well as it gets expensive when you have to pay for the MCC membership and the CFC one to! The CFC MCC members pack is awesome. :thumbsu: Around half the price of a CFC full membership to.

Yep it is a good deal... it was about time Carlton acknowledged the MCC members within the Blues army by offering this type of membership. Other clubs have had it on offer well before 2008 when Carlton first presented it.
Signed up for it again on Dec 20 so have now paid over $800 dollars for both MCC and again Carlton (which I always do) just to watch a lot of footy in ’09.

Come on Blues!!!!

P.S That includes a membership for both my wife (Blue Barracker) and my baby girl (Baby Blue)

Frontpage of the Age last week "Household wealth has decreased by 25%"

Soon we will see not only rises in unemployment but people still employed but on reduced hours.

Interest rate relief arrived for some but others locked in at 7-9% fixed( shit they must be kicking themselves)

Many have their lost their balls completely on the stock market.

Small business owners are sufferring terribley and they make up a huge sector of our economy.

The building industry is flat which is a huge employer and usually a driving force behind the economy.

The mining sector has also had contracts cancelled and has cut production and employment.

Globally major sporting events and teams are finding it much harder to acquire sponsorship.

This will be the toughest year in a long long time.
The huge interest rate reduction only highlights the panic the Govt is in to try and avoid a recession they wont admit we are already in.

:rolleyes: do you even know what a recession is?

:rolleyes: do you even know what a recession is?

Yes mate....a recession is an economy that is contracting.....ie reduced GDP......or negative growth......however you want to put it

I hope that clears that up for you, if you have trouble understanding that try talking to an economics graduate.

The govt is forecasting heavily reduced growth and trying to put a positive spin on things but that is all that is, a positive spin.

Anyway dont try and be facetious, you end up with fecies on ur face

Yes mate....a recession is an economy that is contracting.....ie reduced GDP......or negative growth......however you want to put it

I hope that clears that up for you, if you have trouble understanding that try talking to an economics graduate.

The govt is forecasting heavily reduced growth and trying to put a positive spin on things but that is all that is, a positive spin.

Anyway dont try and be facetious, you end up with fecies on ur face

LMAO go back to school u fool.
A recession in Australia is reduction in gross domestic product (GDP) for at least two quarters. We have not experienced this as yet.

People like you should be banned from bigfooty. Unfortunately people may read your post and actually think you know what you're talking about. In fact you should be banned from any forum of any kind for giving false information.

Now go give yourself an uppercut to the face. You deserve it. :D

LMAO go back to school u fool.
A recession in Australia is reduction in gross domestic product (GDP) for at least two quarters. We have not experienced this as yet.

People like you should be banned from bigfooty. Unfortunately people may read your post and actually think you know what you're talking about. In fact you should be banned from any forum of any kind for giving false information.

Now go give yourself an uppercut to the face. You deserve it. :D

Totally agree. Anyone without a degree from The London School of Economics (minimum) should certainly never be allowed to post opinions on a public forum devoted to the AFL. Top point. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership Update 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back