Memberships...

Remove this Banner Ad

StonedMonkey

Debutant
Oct 6, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
I was just looking at the Memberships that are available for 2008 on Carlton website, as i live in Sydney i can only see two real options ...

1) Blue Barracker, but as it states that it doesn't count towards official membership tally, so i don't really see the point to getting that ...

2) Long Distance Blues - Silver Membership, this entitles you to 5 Carlton games home and away, Carlton is only going to play in Sydney once, so what am i meant to do with the other 4 games?

Were there any other options that i might of missed?

My mate lives in Tassie and he's getting the Long Distance 5. That's what I'd do for sure. No doubt you'll come down to Melbourne for at least 1 other game, the money goes to the club and is an extra member on the tally.

When will the Blues put the tally on the website? I'm very interested to keep track over the summer.

Has anyone recieved their renewal notice in the mail to renew online? Otherwise how do you renew without this notice they say thry are going to send out early November?

it's not that much of a trip to get down to melbourne for 2 or 3 games. is that an option for you?

Well i guess it could be, i don't really have to worry about accommodation, i have enough relatives down there ... i guess i dont really have to worry about it for a while, i was just thinking things out loud ...

Well i guess it could be, i don't really have to worry about accommodation, i have enough relatives down there ... i guess i dont really have to worry about it for a while, i was just thinking things out loud ...

well, it would be all the more exciting making a trip out of it. im hoping to come from perth to see the saints game.

i hope to be over more than 5 times from tassie next season, so just in case i reckon i'll go the 11 game silver. money isn't and issue as a bit of birthday money (large family) will provide suffiiciant funds. :thumbsu:

I live in Melbourne and have been buying full Silver memberships for myself and kids for years and I'm lucky if i get to 2 games per year mainly due to work/sport/kids etc. it would be nice if the club had different packages to suit those with different circumstances. I think though there are strict rules on what can and cant be included in a membership so the club is hamstrung on how it puts the packages together.

I was just looking at the Memberships that are available for 2008 on Carlton website, as i live in Sydney i can only see two real options ...

1) Blue Barracker, but as it states that it doesn't count towards official membership tally, so i don't really see the point to getting that ...

2) Long Distance Blues - Silver Membership, this entitles you to 5 Carlton games home and away, Carlton is only going to play in Sydney once, so what am i meant to do with the other 4 games?

Were there any other options that i might of missed?

Quite right, so in all likelyhood we could have had closer to 40000 members last season? Atleast our money, for any type of membership, goes straight to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just noticed something, there is only one Swans v Blues match in 08 and thats at Telstra Dome ..

thats what i was going to say. unfortunately (or fortunately considering our recent games in sydney lol), we don't play them up here this year. if your going to become a member, the only one that really suits you is the long distance 5 - thats what i've signed up for. i probably won't even go to 5 games. i'm expecting to drive down against essendon in rnd 3, and possibly another 1 or 2 games. but there isn't really anything else considering carlton won't play up here this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Memberships...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back