Memo: Peter "Strauchanie" Hellier

Remove this Banner Ad

deeps said:
"A quick message to everyone that drove here tonight, you better book taxi's for the ride home.... Michael Gardiner is doing the valet parking tonight''

and

"i'd rather go to Carlton, because it seems they don't train very often"

If that was the strength of it, I thought Judds GF's hair was funnier......

Hellier's red carpet improv was lame except for when he was speaking to Brad Johnson and did the whole "Where's Ryan Griffen? Who's he anyway? Didn't he get an invite to the Brownlow? Strauchanie did.." routine. That was pretty funny.

But not as funny as Bruce "Who'll be taking Charlie home tonight?" McAvaney.
Bring back Bruce! I can't wait for next year's Brownlow and some more McAvaney magic when he gushes all over Chris Judd or Adam Goodes and the Palladium Room is awash with Bruce's semen.

MarkT said:
Honestly, what is wrong with people! It was reasonably amusing. I think some people here don’t actually know how to laugh. If you didn’t like it is it the end of the world? It’s the Brownlow, not a state funeral for the country’s once laid back happy go lucky spirit. Are any of the people claiming it wasn’t appropriate the same ones who reckon it’s a pointless umpire’s award?
Good call.

Just because you see quality in the mediocre, doen't mean people with class and taste should...but then your a Pie supporter...says it all really:D

Cursed_Cat said:
Pete, Ricky Gervais called, he wants his routine back ...
So Chris Lilley copied Gervais w/We can be heroes? Arrested Development copies The Office's awkward silences? Trailer Park Boys is a trailer park version of The Office?

Succesful shows spawn and influence people, just about everything in TV is influenced by similar shows, this applies to music as well.

jabso said:
So Chris Lilley copied Gervais w/We can be heroes? Arrested Development copies The Office's awkward silences? Trailer Park Boys is a trailer park version of The Office?

Basically, yeah. Watch that Hamish bloke from the radio. Has The Office on a loop in his house, I am sure. Chris Lilley was kidding himself it was that blatent. Influencing is one thing, basically re-producing mannerisms and speech is another.

The Other Coach (TOC) said:
Just because you see quality in the mediocre, doen't mean people with class and taste should...but then your a Pie supporter...says it all really:D

Sound's like you rate yourself pretty highly..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this guy humourous? Hell no and neither is his character. Appeals to the lowest forms. See why he is a pies supporter. And all thesecallers "trade judd for stachnie" who think they are funny and original. You are not on both counts. Cringeworthy maaterial

i laughed when i orginally heard it, but when i went back and examined the bits i thought were funny, i found that i was wrong to laugh. what i think is funny is that this thread is more funny and longer than the routine that it is about.

everyone has ripped off everyone. the office is just a modern day blackadder. and i can say that coz i have never watched the office, all i know is that if something is funny, well, they must have ripped off blackadder :)

SpInNeR said:
...he hit the spot with about the last 4 of his jokes.

before that was crap....

Agreed. Was definitely struggling and I felt bad for him but those last four were crackers...

Remove this Banner Ad

Memo: Peter "Strauchanie" Hellier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back