Portfolio MergerMania

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, these are brilliant! I especially like the second set. You've done an extremely good job, even with colours that don't really go together so well (purple and yellow )

I reckon they do alright.

Los_Angeles_Lakers_Road_Uniform.gif
0fka70yfoia5646tp0jj5l3h2.gif

I'd like to see Freo/Port the two portside teams

Being a "port" supporter in WA I have adopted freo as my local side.

God help me if we ever face off in the GF.

View attachment 43566

Melbourne Giants
Team colours:
  • Navy (from Melbourne)
  • Orange (from GWS)
  • White (from GWS)
The giant G is replaced by a giant M when Melbourne and GWS merge to form the Melbourne Giants. The home and clash jumpers are inspired by GWS's home jumper, with an angular M replacing the G and a vee-shaped yoke replacing the slightly curved one. The preseason jumper is based on GWS's 2012-13 clash jumper.

Next: Hawthorn and Sydney, requested by Volta
How come there's a crow on the clash

I would think with the Port - Collingwood merger only 2 options are there.

1. Port Adelaide Magpies - Home jumper as Prison Bar, away jumper as Collingwood jumper
2. Collingwood Magpies - Home jumper as Collingwood jumper, away jumper as Prison Bar.

No need for a clash.

Mate, these are brilliant! I especially like the second set. You've done an extremely good job, even with colours that don't really go together so well (purple and yellow )
Thanks! But lmach and Kickpuncher are right; purple and yellow are complementary colours, so they're an ideal combination.

The crow must've been leftover from a previous Adelaide-related design. The jumper should be all white, but for some reason it's slightly grey making the crow visible.
OK, I thought you might have been making a subtle reference to something that no one got:p

Purple and yellow is probably one of the best looking combos out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 46266
Gold Coast Dockers
Team colours:
  • Blue (from Gold Coast, and also East Fremantle)
  • Red (from Gold Coast, and also pre-2011 Fremantle)
  • Green (from pre-2011 Fremantle)
The Dockers move from the west coast to the Gold Coast and the result is the Gold Coast Dockers. The home and clash jumpers are largely inspired by Gold Coast's home jumper. An anchor is introduced to the GC monogram, and the sidepanels are coloured red and green to represent port and starboard. The preseason jumper features an oversized GC logo and red and green cuffs.

Would buy easily

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 37931
Gold Coast Giants
Team colours:
  • Red (from Gold Coast)
  • Gold (from Gold Coast)
  • White (from GWS)
The Giants head north and form the Gold Coast Giants. The home and away jumpers are simply GWS's home jumper in Gold Coast colours. The away jumper is predominantly gold to reinforce the team's home as the Gold Coast. The clash jumper is GWS's 2014 clash jumper,again in Gold Coast colours. However, the back has been flipped to create more continuity in the design.

View attachment 37932
GWS Suns
Team colours:
  • Charcoal (from GWS)
  • Orange (from GWS, but also a combination of Gold Coast's red and yellow)
  • White (from GWS)
The sun sets in western Sydney with the GWS Suns. The home, away and clash jumpers are all variations of the same design, largely based on Gold Coast's home jumper featuring coloured side panels and a monogram logo in the middle. The design is also similar to the unchosen optionfor GWS's inaugural jumper.

View attachment 37933
Gold Coast Giants
Team colours:
  • Charcoal (from GWS)
  • Gold (from Gold Coast)
  • White (from GWS)
The Gold Coast gets an alliterative mascot with the Gold Coast Giants. The home and clash jumpers are inspired by GWS's pre-AFL jumper, replacing the GWS logo with the GC monogram. The design - particularly the white clash jumper - is also similar to the Southport Sharks, who played a role in the formation of the Gold Coast Football Club. The preseason jumper is based on GWS's 2014 clash jumper, but could also be seen as half of an oversized vee from the home jumper.

View attachment 37934
GWS Supernova
Team colours:
  • Charcoal (from GWS)
  • Blue (from Gold Coast, and also pre-AFL GWS)
  • Gold (from Gold Coast)
A supernova is a GIANT exploding star (note that the SUN is also a star), which is the basis of the GWS Supernova. The home and clash jumper are inspired by Gold Coast's current clash jumperwith a circular G logo that ties into both the circular yoke and the circular shape of the Sun.

Soon: Brisbane and St Kilda...
Did you know? There is also the Australian deep space communications centre on behalf Nasa in Canberra (GWS'S home away from home.)

At the start of every Thunderbirds home game, they could do the old Thunderbirds countdown from the TV Show on the video screen, featuring all the players and the coach.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Thunderbirds are go!

And then they all come out onto AO and through the banner with their song playing..."

"We're the POWER of South Australia..."

And when they do 54321 they could have their star players with those numbers when they zoom out

Could you do a Collingwood and Essendon one maybe take some inspiration from ANZAC Day?

I decided to give Port and the West Coast a go. Don't know exactly why. I played around with the Perth Power in my mind but went against it ultimately. Another note is that I have always wanted to see Eagles orange become more prevalent. The jumpers on the left are the regular kits and the one on the right are clash kits.

WCE-WCPfull.png

PORTeaglesFull.png

I didn't mind the design on the original Eagles clash jumper, but the color was terrible, I felt that Port colors would do it much more justice. The clash kit here was difficult to assign color to.

I decided to give Port and the West Coast a go. Don't know exactly why. I played around with the Perth Power in my mind but went against it ultimately. Another note is that I have always wanted to see Eagles orange become more prevalent. The jumpers on the left are the regular kits and the one on the right are clash kits.

WCE-WCPfull.png

Cmon how is that even a Eagles & Port Xover

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio MergerMania

Remove this Banner Ad

Back