Toast Merry Xmas !

Remove this Banner Ad

Merry Christmas, Happy Boxing Day, New Year, Thanksgiving, Yuletide, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, St. Stephens Day, St. Nicholas Day, Epiphany, Winter Solstice, Festivus, Soyal, Yalda, Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, Anastasia of Sirmium, Holy Innocents Day, St. Sylvesters Day, Watch Night, Hogmanay and St Basils Day or whatever else you might happen to celebrate this time of year.

This time next year we'll be celebrating a shiny new cup in the cupboard :)

Never been to Goa...heard it's kind nice? What's your take?
I love it. Very cosmopolitan for India. Lots of euros holiday here this time of year.
Climate is mild in December. Stays around 30, not too humid. Food is fresh, good & cheap (as is the booze) Beaches are long, palm fringed & tropical.

There is quite a difference in the areas you can stay. The beaches near central Goa are very crowded & surrounded by clubs, not much different from Bali but the further north or south you go the quieter it gets & more alternative. I'm in Mandrem which is super chilled & full of Yoga retreats & little beach shack cafes. Further north there is Arambol which is more your classic hippy backpacker vibe, people blazing up hash joints in the cafes, lots of music & dancing.

I love it because I can eat like a king for next to nothing, ride a motorbike along the coast without a helmet & wear nothing but shorts & bare feet everywhere including out for dinner to any restaurant. I believe they do sophisticated here too ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it. Very cosmopolitan for India. Lots of euros holiday here this time of year.
Climate is mild in December. Stays around 30, not too humid. Food is fresh, good & cheap (as is the booze) Beaches are long, palm fringed & tropical.

There is quite a difference in the areas you can stay. The beaches near central Goa are very crowded & surrounded by clubs, not much different from Bali but the further north or south you go the quieter it gets & more alternative. I'm in Mandrem which is super chilled & full of Yoga retreats & little beach shack cafes. Further north there is Arambol which is more your classic hippy backpacker vibe, people blazing up hash joints in the cafes, lots of music & dancing.

I love it because I can eat like a king for next to nothing, ride a motorbike along the coast without a helmet & wear nothing but shorts & bare feet everywhere including out for dinner to any restaurant. I believe they do sophisticated here too ;)

Sounds brilliant mate, think I'll commit this to memory for future travel plans.

Thanks E. You have convinced me to visit the sub continent (something I have been very curious about).

I believe they do sophisticated here too ;)

Felz Natal to all.

Didn't think anyone would make me wish I was anywhere else this Xmas seeing I'm in Buzios in Brazil (few hours south of Rio) but that was a freakin nice summary. Enjoy Mr Shed.

Take care all, stay safe, stay purple.

Christmas comes around again and good cheer and much merriment abounds.

So what is everyone drinking/eating? This evening it is fruity champagne (ladies choice) and some wanky finger food/nibbly bits. Tomorrow - Bloody Mary's shifting over the 16 year Lagavulin and a full traditional English Christmas lunch.

Yep, Merry Christmas everyone....... even you posters that annoy the crap outa me sometimes ;) . Keep you and your families safe and happy. We got some serious footy joy around the corner. Want us all to be there to share it ay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Merry Xmas !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back