Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

So why do i have to continually justify my opinion but his is just accepted as a fact?

Always fun discussing a trade with Essendon fans
You are free to walk away at any time. It was you that had taken his opinion to be that of the Melbourne Football Club and 'dared' him to justify it.

You have your reasons for thinking a 2nd rounder isn't worth it - IMO that's fine. Any trade has inherent risks as does taking a pick to the draft. I would prefer to keep Hibberd and hope he re-signs so that we can have a competitive team again. FWIW a poster on our board has said that Hibberd met with Melbourne a couple of weeks ago (whether you believe it or not) it seems there could be some interest from both parties.

Because it was your post, what did you mean by #doublestandards?

when you wanted us not to bring something up from last year but you are happy enough to bring up points from last year.

We were still an ordinary team last year, a completely different team to what it will be like next year. No point even bringing it up.
You still have poor rebounding defenders, who would challenge him? Salem? Wagner? Melksham? Lumumba? Doubt it.

You are free to walk away at any time. It was you that had taken his opinion to be that of the Melbourne Football Club and 'dared' him to justify it.

You have your reasons for thinking a 2nd rounder isn't worth it - IMO that's fine. Any trade has inherent risks as does taking a pick to the draft. I would prefer to keep Hibberd and hope he re-signs so that we can have a competitive team again. FWIW a poster on our board has said that Hibberd met with Melbourne a couple of weeks ago (whether you believe it or not) it seems there could be some interest from both parties.

I've stated all along that it's just my opinion. Go back to my original post and read the replies, it's been Essendon fans replying to me and trying to challenge my opinion the whole time. I don't think i've actually randomly replied to an Essendon fan challenging his opinion in this thread at all.

For some reason Essendon fans just can't handle me having the opinion that i don't think he's worth a second rounder. Pretty funny actually if you think about it.

when you wanted us not to bring something up from last year but you are happy enough to bring up points from last year.

Comprehension fail.

What has our defense in 2015 got to do with Hibberd joining us in 2017?

Vince has been better this season and will play more in that role as our young mids continue to develop.

Why did it take 5 attempts to get you to explain that? Bizarre

I've stated all along that it's just my opinion. Go back to my original post and read the replies, it's been Essendon fans replying to me and trying to challenge my opinion the whole time. I don't think i've actually randomly replied to an Essendon fan challenging his opinion in this thread at all.

For some reason Essendon fans just can't handle me having the opinion that i don't think he's worth a second rounder. Pretty funny actually if you think about it.

LMAO I don't think you understand what a football forum is. People have different opinions - people have disagreed with you and you have disagreed with them. No need to get bent out of shape because supporters from another club see things differently to you.

LMAO I don't think you understand what a football forum is. People have different opinions - people have disagreed with you and you have disagreed with them. No need to get bent out of shape because supporters from another club see things differently to you.

No, i think it's quite funny

Are you sure about that? At times it feels a bit like having an argument with the borg collective in here. One Essendon fan makes a comment without any evidence and then next minute everone else parrots it as the truth.

Am I sure about that.....

You DO see the team name under my username yes?

The reason why Vince has been in defence more is to allow our younger players more time in the middle. This will happen even more over the next couple of seasons as we get more game time into Viney, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver and ANB. Not to mention others like vandanberg.

We don't need Hibberd to free Vince for the middle. You don't really deserve a reasonable reply because of your abusive post but it's clear you really don't know too much about Melbourne. Just like your previous bizarre post.

How old are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
You avoided my question because you knew you made a fool of yourself just like you've done yet again with this post. You resort to personal abuse when you can't win an argument.

The reason why Vince has been in defence more is to allow our younger players more time in the middle. This will happen even more over the next couple of seasons as we get more game time into Viney, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver and ANB. Not to mention others like vandanberg.

We don't need Hibberd to free Vince for the middle. You don't really deserve a reasonable reply because of your abusive post but it's clear you really don't know too much about Melbourne. Just like your previous bizarre post.

How old are you?

Id love to give you a reasonable reply but it seems like your stubborness and low evalution of Hibberd has made this come to a stale mate.

Lets break this down for you;

Hibberd as a defender is better than Bugg, Dunn, Garland, Grimes, Jetta.. Oh stuff it, the only guys that would be better than Hibberd as a defender at Melbourne are.. um. yeah nuh. No one.

fwiw, ive seen enough of Hibberd, since he was 18 to be comfortable with my assesment of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love to give you a reasonable reply but it seems like your stubborness and low evalution of Hibberd has made this come to a stale mate.

Lets break this down for you;

Hibberd as a defender is better than Bugg, Dunn, Garland, Grimes, Jetta.. Oh stuff it, the only guys that would be better than Hibberd as a defender at Melbourne are.. um. yeah nuh. No one.

fwiw, ive seen enough of Hibberd, since he was 18 to be comfortable with my assesment of him.

You stated that we could get Hibberd to allow Vince to play as a midfielder, your words not mine. This comment of yours demonstrate that you have no idea about Melbourne.

Let's face it, you're incapable of a decent reply
I'm more than happy to argue my opinion with you but if you're going to continue to resort to pathetic name calling don't bother replying.

You stated that we could get Hibberd to allow Vince to play as a midfielder, your words not mine. This comment of yours demonstrate that you have no idea about Melbourne.

Let's face it, you're incapable of a decent reply
I'm more than happy to argue my opinion with you but if you're going to continue to resort to pathetic name calling don't bother replying.

Hibberd is better than any defender you currently have. Would allow Vince to play midfield minutes where he would benefit you better.

Hibberd is better than any defender you currently have. Would allow Vince to play midfield minutes where he would benefit you better.

Do you read anything?

Vince has been better this year than anything Hibberd has produced in his career and he's not needed in the midfield.

You've proven that you have no idea about Melbourne at all, you're now just embarrassing yourself.

Do you read anything?

Vince has been better this year than anything Hibberd has produced in his career and he's not needed in the midfield.

You've proven that you have no idea about Melbourne at all, you're now just embarrassing yourself.

Hibberd as a defender would allow Vince to play midfield.

In the past three seasons (compared to Vince's one outstanding season in defence), Hibberd averages;

- more contested marks (mostly intercept since he plays in defence)
- more rebound 50's (4.3 > 4.0)
- more 1%'s

Make what you will, but Hibberd is as good as we are making him out to be. You just can't handle the fact that we are right in valuing him as a second round pick. If you are so adament Vince is great, why would you not look to upgrade guys like Neville Jetta, Matt Jones hell Christian Salem isn't as good as Hibberd (right now).

Im just going to leave it here. Ive said enough.

The simple reality boys is Melbourne are going hard for hibberd
A second round pick will get it done in my opinion and it will be up to hibberd if he chooses to be an unrestricted free agent due to wada rubbish
Goodwin seems to know he wants move on

A second round pick will get it done in my opinion and it will be up to hibberd if he chooses to be an unrestricted free agent due to wada rubbish

The time to be an unrestricted FA due to the WADA rubbish has long passed.

Or perhaps it's all just BS and he wants to stay. Still don't think it's certain he will go

You are wasting your time, he is never gonna listen.

What do you expect their community is "toxic" according to their own Coach ( Roos & predecessors) & CEO ( Jackson & predecessors )... where the "lunatics" were once running the asylum.

In the past three seasons (compared to Vince's one outstanding season in defence), Hibberd averages;

- more contested marks (mostly intercept since he plays in defence)
- more rebound 50's (4.3 > 4.0)
- more 1%'s

Make what you will, but Hibberd is as good as we are making him out to be. You just can't handle the fact that we are right in valuing him as a second round pick. If you are so adament Vince is great, why would you not look to upgrade guys like Neville Jetta, Matt Jones hell Christian Salem isn't as good as Hibberd (right now).

Im just going to leave it here. Ive said enough.

Neville Jetta? He's our best lock down small defender. Once again you're demonstrating your lack of knowledge about our team, Salem has also been injured for most of the year and Matt Jones plays on the wing, when he actually plays which is rare because he's spent most of his time at Casey.

You're out of your depth. But at least you're not resorting to pathetic name calling like you have been doing. I can't be bothered with you any more, you don't read anything and you make ridiculous comments without anything to back it up, you still haven't answered the question of why our form in 2015 would be relevant to this discussion.

Go away

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back