Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

I am completely the same. I’m 30 and haven’t ever experienced any success with the club, but I continued to watch every single game no matter if we were losing by 100 points, but this year I’ve felt completely disinterested
Its demoralising at the end of a rebuild looking totally unlikely to just even make finals.

It’s very dangerous for the club to lose than connection with the fans which is happening
The club will pay no attention to it, until theres a huge membership drop off or empty stands...

Supporters leaving half way through the 3rd qtr recently hasnt registered at all

If season continues this way, be interesting to see if they reach for Liddles 2 for 1 membership deals again to pad the number for 2024

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Its demoralising at the end of a rebuild looking totally unlikely to just even make finals.

Yeah we’ve highsided and slid off into the sand trap. Have to get back on and negotiate though. Got a very tough game against the Demons . Front up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get feeling frustrated, believe me I do. But a refusal to play a player - for me under the last regime, it was Ramsay; a player who had done everything but debut - is not a sufficient reason to refer to the coach (or match committee) as a mother*er.

Do it again, and you'll find yourself threadbanned.
Maybe he meant midfield, because everyone apart from voss can see ours isn't working

We play a very ugly style of football and our side is quite vanilla despite struggling with the fundamentals so badly.

Selection is predictable, results are predictable and we keep backing in the same names who have failed this year to suddenly turn the season around.

Very little to be excited about and we don't even have youth to talk about. Just the same old faces who choked when it mattered last year.

2015 would be the only other year in recent memory that I've felt as disinterested.
I feel the same. Been a member since mum signed me up at 5ish, now 40. Lots of shit times over the last 20 years, but honestly think this is the worst it's been. We're not just shit but we're boring to watch as well.

My love for the club has never been lower. Mate asked if I wanted to come tomorrow and I couldn't think of anything I'd like less. Going to struggle to motivate myself to make it to the home games as it is.

Maybe having 4 wingers is what we've been lacking though. I think it's more likely our coach is putting his ego ahead of the team, sadly. He can't give dow a go now as the impact of dow playing well would be disastrous for him.

I feel the same. Been a member since mum signed me up at 5ish, now 40. Lots of s**t times over the last 20 years, but honestly think this is the worst it's been. We're not just s**t but we're boring to watch as well.

My love for the club has never been lower. Mate asked if I wanted to come tomorrow and I couldn't think of anything I'd like less. Going to struggle to motivate myself to make it to the home games as it is.

Maybe having 4 wingers is what we've been lacking though. I think it's more likely our coach is putting his ego ahead of the team, sadly. He can't give dow a go now as the impact of dow playing well would be disastrous for him.

Who are our 4 wingers playing tomorrow? It’s only LOB and Acres.

I also don’t think there is any Dow conspiracy.

I think Voss is a shit coach with a shit game plan who will be sacked leading into the bye due to willing to die on the hill of his terrible game plan.

But that will have nothing to do with Dow.

The club will pay no attention to it, until theres a huge membership drop off or empty stands...
That won't happen

Supporters leaving half way through the 3rd qtr recently hasnt registered at all

Think thats more of an indictment on those supporters than the club
If season continues this way, be interesting to see if they reach for Liddles 2 for 1 membership deals again to pad the number for 2024

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
Seemed to convert a large number of supporters to members, say that's a success, especially "Liddle being tge professional we needed"

I feel the same. Been a member since mum signed me up at 5ish, now 40. Lots of s**t times over the last 20 years, but honestly think this is the worst it's been. We're not just s**t but we're boring to watch as well.

I need to tread carefully on the subject of Paddy Dow (and his constant non selection/omission in the seniors, even if arguably unfair, which as a rational fan, I concede it is)

Easy to be ECO/disinterested in the current state of the footy club. (And probably fair enough) but it's also at these moments and struggling moments in season's where the footy club needs all its supporters (hopefully more positive than negative) that it can get)

I am going to the game tomorrow night at the G, expecting a win (no I have not been sniffing glue)

Even though we have far worse times than good in a generation or so (25 years), we qee still blessed and privileged to support the greatest football club in Australian sporting history, and I will always rock up to games and support the club. No matter who is coaching us or running the club

I think Voss is a s**t coach with a s**t game plan who will be sacked leading into the bye due to willing to die on the hill of his terrible game plan.

A

I think Voss is a s**t coach with a s**t game plan who will be sacked leading into the bye due to willing to die on the hill of his terrible game plan.

Acres and Walsh named on the wing. Cottrell and O'brien on the bench. I know Cotts won't be playing wing but he is one. Also know Walsh will be in the Centre but he shouldn't be.

I need to tread carefully on the subject of Paddy Dow (and his constant non selection/omission in the seniors, even if arguably unfair, which as a rational fan, I concede it is)

Easy to be ECO/disinterested in the current state of the footy club. (And probably fair enough) but it's also at these moments and struggling moments in season's where the footy club needs all its supporters (hopefully more positive than negative) that it can get)

I am going to the game tomorrow night at the G, expecting a win (no I have not been sniffing glue)

Even though we have far worse times than good in a generation or so (25 years), we qee still blessed and privileged to support the greatest football club in Australian sporting history, and I will always rock up to games and support the club. No matter who is coaching us or running the club
Good post. I'm glad the club have people like you, I thought I was one. I honestly didn't even feel that strongly about dow, rated him about the same chance of success as LOB going into the year.

My issue is he is absolutely dominating though, week in, week out. At the same time our midfield has been underperforming at previously unseen levels in sport. Dow doesn't even get named in the emergencies until half the team is injured. What motivation is there to perform well in the 2s? Fish gets a game based on some of the most disinterested reserves footy you'd see.

Think thats more of an indictment on those supporters than the club
Please no. It's not an indictment on someone who has other priorities or work early the next day or unhappy kids. It's just not an indictment on someone happy to get up and go and do something else with their time. They aren't worse fans they aren't better.

Please no. It's not an indictment on someone who has other priorities or work early the next day or unhappy kids. It's just not an indictment on someone happy to get up and go and do something else with their time. They aren't worse fans they aren't better.

If they are the reasons, absolutely, but you, I and every poster reading that content knows that wasn't the theme

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Voss but is there an ITK poster who can seriously shed light on the Dow situation?

I can't understand not picking someone who is performing well. Port Adelaide dropped on of their leaders and told him publicly pretty much to earn his place again. We don't do that.

And then when someone does well in the 2s, we don't reward them.

I don't understand it and I wonder how it impacts on the group. Is it favourites? Is it political? Can anyone seriously shed any light because it's pretty embarrassing

I've thought most games this year I'd rather be with my daughter than wasting a fair chunk of weekend watching our efforts. Never leave early though as footy is a family thing and mum never leaves early. Have finally managed to get her to leave fairly soon after siren, rather than staying to watch the players walk off.

Absolutely not arrogant enough to judge people that choose to leave early. Who knows what they've got going on in their lives.

Question: I’ve been speaking to a lot of blues fans and it’s almost unanimous that this has been the most disassociated and unemotionally invested with the club that they have been. Is this consistent with you?

We’ve gone through some hard times the last 20 years but I feel the clubs connection in the fans is the worst it’s ever been.

Yep. 100%

I'm still on a footy forum daily, and will always watch all the games from beginning to end, however this year would be feeling the least emotionally invested with the club that I have felt. The losses don't "hurt" like they should.

I'm 36 this year. Probably the worst age group to be born a Carlton supporter. Young kid during our last premiership, so you barely remember it or appreciate it, and been a hard run all through the last 25 odd years.

Early 2000s we go through the salary cap saga, and we suck, but there is the "us against everyone" mentality.... we suck and it hurts, however we bite the bullet and go full rebuild. We start drafting in 2005, and very emotionally invested with the list build. We build and build, and 2011 we miss a prelim by the skin of our teeth. Feels like our list is about there. Injury ravaged 2012 but still believe passionately in the list.

Hurt seeing Ratts go. But still believe in the list, so to watch it fail and Malthouse get everyone offside and blow up the club bloody hurt. Still so emotionally invested though through the ups and downs.

We bite the bullet again and go through another major rebuild. 100% emotioanlly invested. Barely win a game for years, but can see what we are building to.

Meant to be a 66 game rebuild, then we are told thats just to do the bones of the drafting and its actually a 5 or 6 year build before we will be playing finals and challanging.

Those 6 years come and go. The list looks in place.

Now we are playing the most boring game plan. No real urgency to play finals.

Just feel lost with everything at the moment. Hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Feeling the most disengaged and least emotionally invested in my life time.

Will always support the baggers with all my heart... but its just hard to "care" as much this year.

:(

I've thought most games this year I'd rather be with my daughter than wasting a fair chunk of weekend watching our efforts. Never leave early though as footy is a family thing and mum never leaves early. Have finally managed to get her to leave fairly soon after siren, rather than staying to watch the players walk off.

Absolutely not arrogant enough to judge people that choose to leave early. Who knows what they've got going on in their lives.
Yeah I have a nasty story as a younger guy when I went to the 2013 Sydney Carlton semi final with my dad. We left early in the 4th because we found out a family member had been admitted to hospital - so off we went. Was sitting with a pocket of Carlton fans up here in Sydney and got abused by them as I left for being a soft campaigner etc. Not even opposition supporters.... What kind of arrogance is that to try to big yourself at the expense of your fellow supporters.

Hence my rather strong dislike of that attitude towards fans leaving early. As you say you never know what's going on with them

Last edited:
Yeah there does appear to be a real avoidance of unrewarded running, no one is creating space which leads to the trouble we have transitioning the ball from defence and the regular long kick downs the line as you've noted.

Whether's its lack of fitness or just mental unwillingness, I'm not sure.
But what the point if the ball is going over your head 85% of the time?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

A

Acres and Walsh named on the wing. Cottrell and O'brien on the bench. I know Cotts won't be playing wing but he is one. Also know Walsh will be in the Centre but he shouldn't be.
Yes Cotters I guess you can count as a wing, but he is there for more outside run. Walshy isn't a wingman either.

Point remains, they are very different types to Dow.

I like Voss but is there an ITK poster who can seriously shed light on the Dow situation?

I can't understand not picking someone who is performing well. Port Adelaide dropped on of their leaders and told him publicly pretty much to earn his place again. We don't do that.

And then when someone does well in the 2s, we don't reward them.

I don't understand it and I wonder how it impacts on the group. Is it favourites? Is it political? Can anyone seriously shed any light because it's pretty embarrassing
The only player quoted on here as doing well in the 2's who hasn't played is Dow.

Hollands/Cowan/Cincotta/Kemp/Honey have all been given games and none of them were starting players in 2022.
Meanwhile, Silvagni/Fisher/Young/LoB have all been dropped for poor performance
Boyd/Cottrell/Owies/Durdin - all straight back in as soon as fitness achieved/proven in VFL

SO teh ONLY evidence people on here have for VOSS not rewarding form or playing like for like players when someone is injuredis .....

(BIG DRUM ROLL)

DOW.

Really weak argument being made about the CLub's lack of selection integrity....as in pathetically weak.

Yep. 100%

I'm still on a footy forum daily, and will always watch all the games from beginning to end, however this year would be feeling the least emotionally invested with the club that I have felt. The losses don't "hurt" like they should.

I'm 36 this year. Probably the worst age group to be born a Carlton supporter. Young kid during our last premiership, so you barely remember it or appreciate it, and been a hard run all through the last 25 odd years.

Early 2000s we go through the salary cap saga, and we suck, but there is the "us against everyone" mentality.... we suck and it hurts, however we bite the bullet and go full rebuild. We start drafting in 2005, and very emotionally invested with the list build. We build and build, and 2011 we miss a prelim by the skin of our teeth. Feels like our list is about there. Injury ravaged 2012 but still believe passionately in the list.

Hurt seeing Ratts go. But still believe in the list, so to watch it fail and Malthouse get everyone offside and blow up the club bloody hurt. Still so emotionally invested though through the ups and downs.

We bite the bullet again and go through another major rebuild. 100% emotioanlly invested. Barely win a game for years, but can see what we are building to.

Meant to be a 66 game rebuild, then we are told thats just to do the bones of the drafting and its actually a 5 or 6 year build before we will be playing finals and challanging.

Those 6 years come and go. The list looks in place.

Now we are playing the most boring game plan. No real urgency to play finals.

Just feel lost with everything at the moment. Hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Feeling the most disengaged and least emotionally invested in my life time.

Will always support the baggers with all my heart... but its just hard to "care" as much this year.

:(
Great post - very well explained, it’s a shit age to be (I’m in a similar but few yrs older boat). We have seen nothing but crap for what seems like forever - I’ve been with my partner for 10yrs & she became a blue supporter too (she’s a kiwi) & my argument was “we are the best and most successful team” 😂 I get asked regularly why we are still crap

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back