Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Rattens 2010 team would beat Vossy’s best by 10 goals.

It would be a destroyation.

Voss is putrid.

We become competitive only when the game is at a point we have to ditch the main game plan.

**** him off to a place where he can admire his guns in tight fitting polos in peace.
^ This. I dont want to see Voss gone because he is not that bad a coach. I just want him to leave his arrogant pride at the door and do what's best for the team, mostly rewarding players that show they've earned a spot, and stop playing his favorites. Especially his Port Mate.

Voss won’t be sacked. Simple

I just hope Cook & Lloyd speak with him and support him with right people.

I have seen NOTHING that makes me think he is good tactically. He also needs to be less stoic and trust the youth

We need a gun tactical assistant coach and Voss needs to be motivator big picture person
Personally i think he wont last to the end of next season.

Its looking like hes lost some of the players..

going to be hard to motivate a group that is not united behind the coACH

I've been a defender on Voss on the basis that we can't let this player base kill another coach, but as more and more poor decisions mount it's getting harder to defend that position.

The players are probably as frustrated as us and Voss (and the entire MC) need to take a good hard look at themselves. You cannot start TDK as sub...

Don't agree our list is inferior to Hawthorn and Geelong. There are a lot of players that are over rated and the list is unbalanced

Our side is top heavy in terms of really good stars but it drops away, dogs are relatively similar with their side, and we get seduced by the big names.

The big difference is the quality of small and medium sized forward we have compared to them. We give regular games to all of Motlop, Durdin, Fantasia, Owies, Cottrell and JSOS/Kemp.

I think maybe only Owies (and even then probably only a fringe player) would get a game from that group for either hawks or cats.

Reality is everytime I watch GWS play I believe we got the wrong coach. Had the option down to two and went to safe route with a experienced coach.

We can't sack Voss. Simple as that. The list has potential but is a good chance to be wasted over the next few seasons, without significant change.

Hopefully we can put enough around Voss to fix his shortcomings. But last night again they were glaring.

I keep banging on about this but the De Koning sub decision left me staggered when I first heard about it and then Voss was made to look a complete fool when he renegged on that decision so quickly. De Koning then made us look like a completely different side and just made the whole thing a farce. Honestly, I would back a 12 year old boy to make smarter decisions than that in team selection.
If thats not the final nail in his coffin, its certainly got the ball rolling.

Hiding in the back corner of the box. Whats that all about? Poor look, poor body language and this guy is known as the motivator!

Poor selection, again.

Reluctance to reward Lord and at very least give them finals experience to set them for 2025. Lions gave wilmott his first game 2 years ago, now a main stay. Poor.

0 score for first time since 1974. Just embarassing and indefensible coaching effort

Subbing Kennedy, when he could have been home with his new child, that kind of stuff ruins the change room culture. Again, poor.

If there isnt vast improvement in off field personnel the next few weeks, he wont last the 2025 season

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

One thing that shits me is that in Vossy's press conferences during the week he is all smiles and jokes...

He should be as serious as it gets and then that would have flowed through the team and they might of attacked the game with passion from the start...

If your coach is all jokey leading up to such a serious game..then....guess what the team are like....

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

For the side to escape mediocrity next year it’s going to rely on TDK being fit all year.
Can’t see Voss and co having any idea how to stop a decline.
The decisions they have made over the course of this year are truly baffling.

All started back when they played pitto the first time vs Adelaide (picked to test a 2 ruck system when he wasn’t fit). Since then, countless bs choices. Cerra multiple times, Cottrell was clearly not ready vs gws (was hobbling), sub/dropping Hewett, marchbank,
Tbh docherty playing tonight was laughable. Can love the bloke but still be able to call out how ridiculous that decision was. Was awful

The selections for last nights horror show deserve to be grilled.
How many posts did the fans make here about Cincotta? Why can we all see it?
Docherty in: no, not the time for feel good stories over “selection integrity” (never had any tho)
Motlop in: never ever ever again
Tdk sub: 🤯
Cerra: poor, lord was matching or beating his output

We all said these exact things before the game started
Buckley and Lyon discussing the selections after the game. Weak journos in presser let Voss off lightly

For the side to escape mediocrity next year it’s going to rely on TDK being fit all year.
Can’t see Voss and co having any idea how to stop a decline.
The decisions they have made over the course of this year are truly baffling.

All started back when they played pitto the first time vs Adelaide (picked to test a 2 ruck system when he wasn’t fit). Since then, countless bs choices. Cerra multiple times, Cottrell was clearly not ready vs gws (was hobbling), sub/dropping Hewett, marchbank,
Tbh docherty playing tonight was laughable. Can love the bloke but still be able to call out how ridiculous that decision was. Was awful

The selections for last nights horror show deserve to be grilled.
How many posts did the fans make here about Cincotta? Why can we all see it?
Docherty in: no, not the time for feel good stories over “selection integrity” (never had any tho)
Motlop in: never ever ever again
Tdk sub:
Cerra: poor, lord was matching or beating his output

We all said these exact things before the game started
Buckley and Lyon discussing the selections after the game. Weak journos in presser let Voss off lightly
Geelong game off the bye, we looked amazing. TdK has a career game.

Then we "rest" for richmond game?
What player needs a rest 1 week after a bye.

What team rests players anyhow, like that. A mid 20s player, looking like they are peaking... its extraordinary decision making

From that moment the rot set in.

Voss is not some first time around coach.

10year assistant, 2nd head coach gig. He doesnt need time. We picked the ready to go bloke in 2021, rather than Kingsley.

Just like Brett Ratten, sometimes they just dont have it, no matter how goes at it

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a tactical genius by any means but you can't coach a team to play like Hawthorn or Geelong etc with players like ours.

They've built their lists around run, carry and foot skills.

We've built ours around contest and territory.

It would just be a 2 hour turnover fest going into the corridor and switching like they both do.

We can overpower teams when we're fit and firing but they have far more sustainable brands of footy and thus they have far less fluctuations in their form.

Desperately need to change our team mix next year or we'll continue to have to batter and bruise teams to win them in ugly scrappy sort of games.

Last 2 games proved to me we can and have the players to do it.

No coincidence that names like Durdin played their best football when we did

The one last thing that some supporters were hanging on is that Voss is a good man manager/motivator...

Well last night showed he's not good with that either.....

eerily similar to the news we were hearing out of Brisbane when he coached them...

Same fraud reappeared and we got fooled.

He's got nothing now.

The reason we always seem light years behind the better teams is because the good coaches innovate. They have a clear plan and pick players to suit that system. We have no system.

Selection. Listen to Chris Scott this week regarding bringing in injured players. Polar opposite to our approach.

The fact that Voss learnt under Hinkley was a pretty obvious warning sign.

My biggest concern is not once have I ever heard him mention that from a team and list perspective we know we have some gaps and the most obvious gap is speed. We suffered through 2 rucks for 2.5 years and I am convinced he doesn't see what feels like 90% of the football community sees.

Our off-season moves will reveal a lot.

Last years 8 week run covered up a lot of issues, and let's not forget that 8 week run was nothing close to for example what the Hawks have put together this year.

Don't agree our list is inferior to Hawthorn and Geelong. There are a lot of players that are over rated and the list is unbalanced
Agree - geelong and hawthorn have great defensive players and multiple fwd threats and very good by foot- we have 6-8 very good players and very poor foot skills .

I look at the very good clubs of the last 20 years

Clarkson, Hardwick, Scott and now Mitchell have all done well with NEW type game styles.

They don’t follow what’s been successful. They bring something new to the table. Something different. They are all thinkers that don’t follow trends

I feel as though he are just copying the past and have no answers. Contested, down the line stagnant football that is not only predictable but takes all the flair and excitement out of our players

Do we ever look like we are having fun?

If there isnt vast improvement in off field personnel the next few weeks, he wont last the 2025 season
You would want a vast improvement in small and medium fwds and the running and kicking capacity of midfield . Lot of our problem is list management - most of our warts shone through at Adelaide oval in gather round vs Adelaide and nothing has changed.. small fwds skill by foot and leg speed in the front half.

Voss is/was the exact coach we needed at the time.

Positives
  • Fantastic people person
  • Built the club culture and a brand, we’ve been lacking for 20+ years.
  • Brought in AFL level training standards.
  • Brought belief, players don’t want to leave.
  • Brought unity, (yet to be seen) players taking reduced contracts to bring players in.
Negatives
  • Outdated game plan
  • Inability/ Stubbornness to change the game plan to our strengths and modern day game style.
  • Lacks tactically.
  • Lacks selection integrity.
  • Coaches from bench and gives Hansen game day responsibility.
All major contributors to team success and the role of a head coach.

Under current regime, they aren’t moving Voss on, I’d like to move all the assistants on and replace with, assistants that succeed where Voss lacks..

In
Out​
Adam Simpson (FA)Hansen
Dale Morris (Bris) Hamill
David Hail (Haw)Clarke
Jeremy Laidler (GWS)Russell

Voss is/was the exact coach we needed at the time.

Positives
  • Fantastic people person
  • Built the club culture and a brand, we’ve been lacking for 20+ years.
  • Brought in AFL level training standards.
  • Brought belief, players don’t want to leave.
  • Brought unity, (yet to be seen) players taking reduced contracts to bring players in.
Negatives
  • Outdated game plan
  • Inability/ Stubbornness to change the game plan to our strengths and modern day game style.
  • Lacks tactically.
  • Lacks selection integrity.
  • Coaches from bench and gives Hansen game day responsibility.
All major contributors to team success and the role of a head coach.

Under current regime, they aren’t moving Voss on, I’d like to move all the assistants on and replace with, assistants that succeed where Voss lacks..

In
Out​
Adam Simpson (FA)Hansen
Dale Morris (Bris)Hamill
David Hail (Haw)Clarke
Jeremy Laidler (GWS)Russell
3 years in and the coach needs a complete refresh of the assistants - that is just not good enough.

Who is to say the next batch will pass muster?

Assistants should be there to supplement the capabilities of the coach - the coach should be the one laying out the primary game plan and tactics - and 3 years in we remain inconsistent, have an under developed game style and are tactically inept

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back