Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

I look at the very good clubs of the last 20 years

Clarkson, Hardwick, Scott and now Mitchell have all done well with NEW type game styles.

They don’t follow what’s been successful. They bring something new to the table. Something different. They are all thinkers that don’t follow trends

I feel as though he are just copying the past and have no answers. Contested, down the line stagnant football that is not only predictable but takes all the flair and excitement out of our players

Do we ever look like we are having fun?
Yeap this is it. Creativity is non existent with our coaching lot. It’s just more of the same and when it doesn’t work coaches blame it on players not being fit enough…it’s the limit of their thinking.

We aren’t alone with fair few other clubs in the same boat mainly because it’s not easy to find an innovative coach.

We may have missed Kingsley badly.

3 years in and the coach needs a complete refresh of the assistants - that is just not good enough.

Who is to say the next batch will pass muster?

Assistants should be there to supplement the capabilities of the coach - the coach should be the one laying out the primary game plan and tactics - and 3 years in we remain inconsistent, have an under developed game style and are tactically inept
True.

All assistants noted, are best in their position this year, with players similar to ours.

Who is a worse Afl coach than Voss?

Just take a second and think about it. Rank all the current coaches.. we have one of the worst, if not the worst coach in the afl during this lists premiership window.

Choosing a proven failed coach when there was the possibility to go after Ross lyon, Mitchell, McRae or Kingsley. They chose Voss because he was a good leader as a CAPTAIN.

Completely brain dead stuff and whoever made the decision needs to be sacked along with Voss.

Just take a second and think about it. Rank all the current coaches.. we have one of the worst, if not the worst coach in the afl during this lists premiership window.

Choosing a proven failed coach when there was the possibility to go after Ross lyon, Mitchell, McRae or Kingsley. They chose Voss because he was a good leader as a CAPTAIN.

Completely brain dead stuff and whoever made the decision needs to be sacked along with Voss.

Cook came onto the scene after the coaching appointment and expressed reservations with the "process." Voss is Sayers' man and will likely be out the door with him at the end of 2025.

Sayers and Cook gone next season. Diesel lots of articles written about his dementia/brain issues… how he was on the panel was interesting. Was the other Pavlich?

Edit: Parkin as well I believe

I will give Vossy credit.

He's better than Ross Lyon.

Squibbed it and went and hid in the box.

That was a “it’s not me it’s the players” moment.

He can’t be in charge.
Not to give him an out... But it was the players. TDK as the sub, no Moir, Doc back from an ACL... You can argue around it all day and rightly so, but no team should ever be down 60-0 no matter whats happened leading in. Especially not in a final.

Voss press conference

Remember we did not contest before he came. No carlton coach has had a better record this century finishing 4th and 8th in consecutive years.

Not to give him an out... But it was the players. TDK as the sub, no Moir, Doc back from an ACL... You can argue around it all day and rightly so, but no team should ever be down 60-0 no matter whats happened leading in. Especially not in a final.
Not just sixty down. 9 goal 6 to zero ZERO!

At real risk of being scoreless in a half of football. Any WAFL club would have at least scored something.

They were pitiful, putrid and pathetic.

But the coach decides he’s going to lead from the rear at the end.

Dud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss press conference
Remember we did not contest before he came. No carlton coach has had a better record this century finishing 4th and 8th in consecutive years.
It’s the min for a team packed full of talent and now experience…our stars are mostly in their prime 25- 30 so you’d expect the base line to be higher.

Voss has made a meal of it.

Reality is everytime I watch GWS play I believe we got the wrong coach. Had the option down to two and went to safe route with a experienced coach.

We can't sack Voss. Simple as that. The list has potential but is a good chance to be wasted over the next few seasons, without significant change.

Hopefully we can put enough around Voss to fix his shortcomings. But last night again they were glaring.
We’d find reasons to get Kingsley sacked, believe me

Not just sixty down. 9 goal 6 to zero ZERO!

At real risk of being scoreless in a half of football. Any WAFL club would have at least scored something.

They were pitiful, putrid and pathetic.

But the coach decides he’s going to lead from the rear at the end.

Dud.
Almost reminded me of this game in 1991, admittedly not a final but I had the great misfortune of being there, we scored our only goal right at the death, talk about embarassing.

Round:
11 Venue: Western Oval Date: Sun, 2-Jun-1991 2:10 PM Attendance: 16036​
Footscray
Carlton

Just listened to Voss press conference again

If he seriously believes what he is saying we are in deep ahit

Second half effort was impressive
We had plans for Zorko Neale but they weren’t executed
TDK could only play a half or not play at all so we played him. Glad we did it could have been worse
Doc was desperate to play
We believe we had the game plan to win. Execution the issue
We are still a work in progress
We had many obstacles to overcome

FFS it’s on repeat every week and nothing changes

Just listened to Voss press conference again

If he seriously believes what he is saying we are in deep ahit

Second half effort was impressive
We had plans for Zorko Neale but they weren’t executed
TDK could only play a half or not play at all so we played him. Glad we did it could have been worse
Doc was desperate to play
We believe we had the game plan to win. Execution the issue
We are still a work in progress
We had many obstacles to overcome

FFS it’s on repeat every week and nothing changes
Yeah, it's not good but I don't take much notice of what coaches say in those conferences. The AFL has forced these things upon the coaches and it shows, I'm sure that they aren't in the mood to do these things directly after a game.

I'm also sure that the messaging behind closed doors is different.

Yeah, it's not good but I don't take much notice of what coaches say in those conferences. The AFL has forced these things upon the coaches and it shows, I'm sure that they aren't in the mood to do these things directly after a game.

I'm also sure that the messaging behind closed doors is different.

Hope you’re right. I’m not sure

The reason we always seem light years behind the better teams is because the good coaches innovate. They have a clear plan and pick players to suit that system. We have no system.

Selection. Listen to Chris Scott this week regarding bringing in injured players. Polar opposite to our approach.

The fact that Voss learnt under Hinkley was a pretty obvious warning sign.
Sam Mitchell on footy class. 2 weeks ago talked exactly to this.

He said, once he became HeadCoach. He had a plan not to copy richmond, but to innovate and devise the new way.

They tried to read the direction of the comp with rule changes etc

Recruited to it. Now executing it.

Hawthorn, doing it with plenty of cap in reserve to then invest in stars or needs.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back