Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

What the club just sent.. I want to run through a wall right now for Vossy

Same touch points we've all heard before...

winning behaviours and habits

consistency

gotta get better...

with a couple f bombs thrown in...

one thing he said... pointless sitting here again in 12 months time learning the same behaviours and doing the same things...

Yeah well... 2024 is pretty much a carbon copy of 2022 mate... not just the wins and losses... also the close games that we lost, the undisciplined "behaviours and habits" that cost us those games... we're sitting here 24 months later effectively learning the same things as we were supposed to back then...

I did like that he emphasised that they need to start getting uncomfortable if they want to reach the next level and win... to be the best... at least there was that...

But hardly run through the wall stuff like William Wallace in Braveheart...

consistency

gotta get better...

one thing he said... pointless sitting here again in 12 months time learning the same behaviours and doing the same things...

Yeah well... 2024 is pretty much a carbon copy of 2022 mate... not just the wins and losses... also the close games that we lost, the undisciplined "behaviours and habits" that cost us those games... we're sitting here 24 months later effectively learning the same things as we were supposed to back then...

I did like that he emphasised that they need to start getting uncomfortable if they want to reach the next level and win... to be the best... at least there was that...

Yep. Same old same old unfortunately.

Not a fan of him saying that the team is in its infancy either. Gives them yet another excuse for failure. No doubt it’ll get trotted out this time next year if they once again fail. We have the sixth oldest list in the comp right now and will probably be around 4/5th oldest by round one 2025. Enough of the excuses.

consistency

gotta get better...

they just have be consistent with their messaging.

This showed a bit more of a ruthless edge if we can call it that

Just need to keep it consistent from here on in and be more ruthless

they just have be consistent with their messaging.

This showed a bit more of a ruthless edge if we can call it that

Just need to keep it consistent from here on in and be more ruthless
Absolutely. No doubt our best performances this season have been the best performances under Voss. But our worst were almost as bad as our worst last year. Gotta keep raising the floor and the ceiling next season

Not a fan of him saying that the team is in its infancy either. Gives them yet another excuse for failure. No doubt it’ll get trotted out this time next year if they once again fail. We have the sixth oldest list in the comp right now and will probably be around 4/5th oldest by round one 2025. Enough of the excuses.
He was talking about finals experience when he was talking about us being in our infancy - you could see the slides showing the number of games each player had played in finals in the background

(Log in to remove this ad.)

every player hears that from every coach from under 12s onwards.
Agreed. Our club, its players and officials love talking the talk. Next year - a whole 10 years since the start of this painful rebuild - is about walking the walk.

Before I drink the cool aid again I want to see how they go delivering on that promise week in week out. I reckon we’ll know pretty quickly if it’s all horseshit.

So the coach fronted his players and kicked off a day of discussion. It was the opening address and others were going to get involved in more detailed discussion. I had the impression that he was going to step back and let the players interact with other. Maybe the other coaching staff as well. He said at the start something to the effect of I’ll let you boys talk it over. Ownership of the performance doesn’t just reside with Voss and his assistants. The players need to reflect on their effort as well.

I’m not sure the club is going to meet the standards of the disgruntled supporters. The President, the General Manager of Football and now the coach have all talked about the disappointment. That’s all they can do at this point because the season’s end was inglorious.

Cliches are not uncommon. Just listen to everyday conversations and the language is riddled with them. It’s not a reason to pot someone because we’re all guilty of it.

We’re a long way from 2025. I’m looking for a change of thinking from the staff that runs the team and from the players themselves. As we all know, actions speak louder than words.

Voss is our man, for 2025…

Vossy is a top notch people person and motivator, which is a huge part of coaching…

He needs better strategies coaching around him, one of the best in the business Adam Simpson is available, not sure why we didn’t go hard for him…

Also not sure why we didn’t upgrade our line coaches…
He was only sacked 2 months ago and the season is still ongoing. The club could go after him in a few weeks.

Apparently we’ve committed to all our assistants for 2025, so unlikely

That’s a real shame. I wish we’d at least see one or two experienced former senior coaches come in.

I’m not sure the club is going to meet the standards of the disgruntled supporters. The President, the General Manager of Football and now the coach have all talked about the disappointment. That’s all they can do at this point because the season’s end was inglorious.

Cliches are not uncommon. Just listen to everyday conversations and the language is riddled with them. It’s not a reason to pot someone because we’re all guilty of it.

We’re a long way from 2025. I’m looking for a change of thinking from the staff that runs the team and from the players themselves. As we all know, actions speak louder than words.
Spot on.

If Voss and others don’t /can’t learn from their mistakes and change their thinking then all the rhetoric and aspirational words won’t mean a thing.

The same script wouldn't satisfy the collective, people want to hear different things

I haven't listened, and even if I did, it wouldn't sway my thoughts one way or another
Well that's the whole point. It's word salad meant to satisfy the masses. It doesn't - because it's basically meaningless. Also (****ing hopefully) wouldn't be the way Voss is going about it when the socials team leaves the room.

Better to be ripping into them and saying they're a bunch of failures who'll never amount to anything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back