MICHIE PICK 54

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure what people expected. Koby Stevens had most probably shown more in senior games than Michie and didn't have the injury history and was traded for pick 44 last year.

The consensus on the board is that he's going to be a solid player if he gets his body right but he hasn't shown a lot at senior level and that was always going to reduce his value.

Ross is a cracker of a coach and I'm stoked that he at Freo but he does have a my way or the highway'' attitude and I think we are going to lose the occasional player like this. No doubt Viv thought he should have been playing earlier.

I'm not sure what people expected. Koby Stevens had most probably shown more in senior games than Michie and didn't have the injury history and was traded for pick 44 last year.

The consensus on the board is that he's going to be a solid player if he gets his body right but he hasn't shown a lot at senior level and that was always going to reduce his value.

Ross is a cracker of a coach and I'm stoked that he at Freo but he does have a my way or the highway'' attitude and I think we are going to lose the occasional player like this. No doubt Viv thought he should have been playing earlier.
I don't remember Koby Stevens winning any WAFL club B&F's.

I'd have expected a 3rd round pick upgrade or let him walk to the draft, rather than accept this charity pick.

Yeah, good deal for Melbourne, no doubt about it. But what are we going to do? He wanted better opportunity, wanted Melbourne, we were never going to get much better than that. We've got a bit of an insurance pick that will let us play around with other possible trades.

Can't say I'm thrilled myself, but in the scheme of thongs, it's not too bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't remember Koby Stevens winning any WAFL club B&F's.

I'd have expected a 3rd round pick upgrade or let him walk to the draft, rather than accept this charity pick.

Guys who win WAFL/VFL/SANFL B&F's get rookie listed, not taken in the 3rd round of the draft. He didn't have currency imo.

Fair and I don't get the whinging. Wish him well at Melbourne, hope he gets some good 25 possession plus games.

This shows we're now real developers of talent with true depth players who are in demand by other clubs. Just be happy he's going to a team that's not in direct contention for a flag. I'll enjoy watching him tear up other teams mids at stoppages (but not us because Mundy, Fyfe, Barlow, Crowley etc will monster him).

Dockerland in melt down? i am bummed, but I think its Viv's best hope of more senior footy. will miss the anxiety waiting from him to be named ahead of plodders like Sutty / Sherro / and Croz :)rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Remove this Banner Ad

MICHIE PICK 54

Remove this Banner Ad

Back