Mid Gippy 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Any praccy match results?

Heyfield played morwell East on saturday, won the seniors by 5 points, was a good game of footy with the margin not being above 12 points all day.
Heyfield won by 50 in the 2's and east won the thirds by a couple of goals.

Heard Toora gave gormy a touch up down there.

I guessing that not many people here will go to the Annual Foster Night Opener against Hill End and that you guys will just go watch your respective teams. I'm not expecting/saying you should, it seems that the Mid Gippsland website is treating it as the season opener and thought I'd ask what people think.

Last edited:
I guessing that not many people here will go to the Annual Foster Night Opener against Hill End and that you guys will just go watch your respective teams. I'm not expecting saying you should, it seems that the Mid Gippsland website is treating it as the season opener and thought I'd ask what people think.
Only positive I can see is Hill End will only travel to Foster once, if they travel at all. ( nothing against Foster )
What day is it on.

BTW, I should mention that, since I doubt DWWWW will return, I'm basically a League neutral at this point.
Only positive I can see is Hill End will only travel to Foster once, if they travel at all. ( nothing against Foster )
What day is it on.
It's on the same day as all the other Round 1 fixtures (according to the Mid Gippy Facebook page, the Fish Creek-Tarwin game is now a Tarwin-Fish Creek game) so you'll probably be busy watching your own team in Boolarra/Newborough/Thorpdale. Google Maps reckons Hill End is as far away as Phillip Island and it was certainly a trip going over to Cowes.

I like the fixturing of the first 3 rounds that everyone play teams they've been playing from before Covid and that it's not 'til May that the travel starts (aside from 2 such games in the first 2 rounds).
1617624277524.png

Question though. On the fixture here, it seems to say that there's a game ANZAC Day when it says 24/25.04.21, but the Mid Gippsland Sportstg site says all the Round 3 games are on the 24th being the Saturday.

Am I overthinking this?

BTW, I should mention that, since I doubt DWWWW will return, I'm basically a League neutral at this point.

It's on the same day as all the other Round 1 fixtures (according to the Mid Gippy Facebook page, the Fish Creek-Tarwin game is now a Tarwin-Fish Creek game) so you'll probably be busy watching your own team in Boolarra/Newborough/Thorpdale. Google Maps reckons Hill End is as far away as Phillip Island and it was certainly a trip going over to Cowes.

I like the fixturing of the first 3 rounds that everyone play teams they've been playing from before Covid and that it's not 'til May that the travel starts (aside from 2 such games in the first 2 rounds).
View attachment 1094871

Question though. On the fixture here, it seems to say that there's a game ANZAC Day when it says 24/25.04.21, but the Mid Gippsland Sportstg site says all the Round 3 games are on the 24th being the Saturday.

Am I overthinking this?
Thanks for that.
As for Anzac Day draw maybe some clubs have requested a sunday game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no -one on it. looked yesterday.
do what I did on mid gippy site, post and they will come. YYN is my new team in Nth Gippy, you post and people will start posting.
that’s a shame, wasn’t having a crack just thought you might of been aware or em

Looks like mid gippy form stood up ok over 1st round in the district. Hill end 3 goals over alberton premier, yyn 8 goals over last 3 grand finalists yarram in north gippy
& traf 10 goal winners in first go in ellinbank. So much for supposed sh*t mid gippy footy
Hahaha

Well said

Looks like mid gippy form stood up ok over 1st round in the district. Hill end 3 goals over alberton premier, yyn 8 goals over last 3 grand finalists yarram in north gippy
& traf 10 goal winners in first go in ellinbank. So much for supposed sh*t mid gippy footy

Rivalling the gippy league soon at this rate :p in all seriousness how good is footy being back. Bumper crowd at heyfield on the weekend.

Be interesting to see how Traf go in EDFL. 10 goal win over Yarragon is good but Yarragon will be a bottom 3 team. Should get a good indication after they play Neerim Sth this week who expect to play finals.

Be interesting to see how Traf go in EDFL. 10 goal win over Yarragon is good but Yarragon will be a bottom 3 team. Should get a good indication after they play Neerim Sth this week who expect to play finals.
Yeah wasnt there but was told yarragon are worse than when they were in mid gippy so win probably overrated.

Mirboo Nth have gone foreign legion this season going by all reports, it seems to be working going by the scores.
As for scores, I think we'll see a few records broken this season, which to me will sound the death knell for a couple of clubs

Mirboo Nth have gone foreign legion this season going by all reports, it seems to be working going by the scores.
As for scores, I think we'll see a few records broken this season, which to me will sound the death knell for a couple of clubs

Ur such a flog.

U keep trotting out the same garbage

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid Gippy 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back