Prediction Mid-season draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid season draft James Rowe to play the SPP pressure role I know alot of you do not like him or his father but he grew up a Port supporter and has been arguably the best SANFL player. Would prefer him over Mcintee ever day of the week

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm in.. just so I can laugh at his dad.

Mid season draft James Rowe to play the SPP pressure role I know alot of you do not like him or his father but he grew up a Port supporter and has been arguably the best SANFL player. Would prefer him over Mcintee ever day of the week

He's slow, fat, short & can't kick over a jam tin who the hell is he gonna pressure? an auskick kid pre-game?

'Would prefer him over McEntee' is not a good reason to draft him. McEntee is an outlier, there are probably 100 players in the various state leagues who are better than McEntee. The question isn't whether Rowe is better than McEntee, the question is whether he's also better than the other available options, and he probably isn't.

Last edited:
I don't think Logan Evans is a need, but he is showing good form right under our noses, so expecting him to get the nod. Hartlett talked him up after the Norwood game.

Do we want a guy who will be a boost the 2’s or a guy who has a definite chance to be an A grader ? We seem to go for the latter direction, for example Teakle & McEntee and I’m sure there were others.

Do we want a guy who will be a boost the 2’s or a guy who has a definite chance to be an A grader ? We seem to go for the latter direction, for example Teakle & McEntee and I’m sure there were others.

It's the mid season draft. Chances are if they're better than a fringe player at best they'd already have been drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this year would be fine to pick a depth mid type player that would help boost the Maggies given how young we are there already. It feels like weckert is the option given our mooted interest in him over the off season though.

I'm onboard with Rowe, he's probably the best available.

Given this season is a write-off with the only possible hope being that we drop out of finals and can finally get rid of Hinkley, I think our strategy for drafting should entirely be based around the lols.

For this I think our only options are Rowe, Teakle and Sam Hayes, with Rowe being the best of the three.

With SPP out, pick a crafty small-mid forward. It's the one position you can absolutely come in and have an influence with. NOT another ******* midfielder who we play as a small forward then wonder why they aren't effective in that role. Someone with some goal sense.

Rowe is probably a great shout.

I don't think Logan Evans is a need, but he is showing good form right under our noses, so expecting him to get the nod. Hartlett talked him up after the Norwood game.
Agree, but might be there for rooky draft next year. All depends of course how much they rate hime as an immediate need or another type of player.

I'm onboard with Rowe, he's probably the best available.

Given this season is a write-off with the only possible hope being that we drop out of finals and can finally get rid of Hinkley, I think our strategy for drafting should entirely be based around the lols.

For this I think our only options are Rowe, Teakle and Sam Hayes, with Rowe being the best of the three.
If I thought Rowe would take it seriously and get properly fit and work on his defensive side I'd do it.

Unfortunately I think he is like his dad and just doesn't take it that seriously.

Last edited:
Agree, but might be there for rooky draft next year. All depends of course how much they rate hime as an immediate need or another type of player.

Evans has talent and is looking more at home, but would be a longer term project.

I have no time for Rowe and not convinced by the little I've seen of Weckert.

If you're going for immediate impact Lachlan Hosie from Glenelg or Aiden Grace from Centrals would be worth a look. And they fit a need more as a mobile medium forward who can kick goals.

I think we should look at Zane Williams from the Eagles. Small who plays pretty tall, great kick, tackles hard, crafty around goals.

He had a taste of it with the Cats for 6 months (drafted in the 2022 mid-season draft) and was unlucky to not stay on the list.

I reckon he could come in and make an immediate impact.

Weckert is physically comparable with SPP.
We have looked at him.
Seems pretty confident having a shot but I'm sure we can coach that out of him.

From a couple of weeks ago.

I think we should look at Zane Williams from the Eagles. Small who plays pretty tall, great kick, tackles hard, crafty around goals.

He had a taste of it with the Cats for 6 months (drafted in the 2022 mid-season draft) and was unlucky to not stay on the list.

I reckon he could come in and make an immediate impact.
Kenny’s had a big cum and got him lined up for key forward/second ruck

Attachments

• IMG_6092.jpeg
    IMG_6092.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 32
I like Aiden Grace because he reminds me of Joaquin Phoenix as The Joker. Plus he can kick freakish goals.

Kicked 5 against the crows this year and had a few bags last year (including 5 in the elimination final against Port). Kicked 4 on the weekend v Eagles.

Tiser:
1. Nineteen-year-old key forward Weckert, who gave away a promising cricket career as a fast bowler to concentrate on football, was overlooked at last year’s draft following a disappointing AFL under-18 national championships campaign.
But the 194cm tall, who dropped 5kg over summer, has enjoyed a standout start to the 2024 league season, kicking eight goals in three games for the top-of-the-table Eagles, including seven in the past two weeks. He also has averaged five marks and is fitter than last season, enabling him to cover more territory.

2. Dashing half-back flanker Beecken, who turned 23 last week, is a late bloomer who was expected to get drafted after the Eagles won their second of back-to-back premierships in 2021. The grandson of legendary football administrator and SA Football Hall of Fame inductee John Condon, he appears to have taken his game to the next level this season, having averaged 22 disposals, five marks and four rebound 50s. The 184cm backman has chalked up 56 disposals in the past two matches and oozes AFL qualities with his size, running power and excellent kick.

3. Hard-as-nails midfielder D’Aloia, 20, was overlooked at the past two national drafts, despite being SA’s under-18 captain in 2022 and winning the state’s MVP medal and team-first player’s player award. Like Weckert and Beecken, he has blossomed at league level this season, averaging 28 disposals, nine clearances, six tackles and six inside 50s.

4. Running halfback McLennan, 23, spent four years on Gold Coast’s AFL list after being selected at pick 23 at the 2018 national draft. But he did not play an AFL game before being delisted at the end of 2022, when he returned to the Bulldogs.

5. Midfield hard nut Kobe Ryan, 20, was considered unlucky not to have been drafted in his first draft eligible year in 2022. A strong contested ball winner who does his best work at stoppages, he possesses clean, quick hands, tidy skills, great tackling ability and an extremely high work rate. Ryan finished equal-seventh in last year’s Magarey Medal count, polling 17 votes, while becoming the first West player to win the Powerade Breakthrough Player award. He has improved even further this season, averaging 23 disposals, 11 tackles and six clearances and won the Russell Ebert Medal as best afield in the Round 2 win against Port Adelaide at Waikerie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back