Mid-Week banter: Sydney vs Port Adelaide GF unlikely now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Connar

Team Captain
May 29, 2012
Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Fremantle AFLW Team.
Right throughout the off-season, I predicted a Brisbane v GWS Grand Final. However, that prediction was aged by conclusion of Round 5 of 2024 which made me then think it will be between Sydney and Port Adelaide.

Fast forward to the conclusion of Round 15 of 2024, after what happened at the Adelaide Oval and with Port (And Dees also) fighting to hold on to a place in the Top 8, my predictions became dashed and now for me (Hopefully these predictions will be maintained and probably will be), I am calling a Swans vs Giants 2024 Grand Final although both sides last respective Grand Finals saw both lost by 170 points combined in total.

Head says Swans vs Giants GF but heart says Swans vs Freo and I will go with what the head says as that is a more logic prediction for AFL Neutral Supporters like myself.

Will finish in the 5-8 bracket again. All-Interstate Grand Final is due to happen.

How come? Haven't had an All Victorian Grand Final in Melbourne since 2011.

And Victorian teams currently make up positions 2, 3 and 4 on the ladder.

Circa 20 years since the last All-Interstate Grand Final. There has only ever been three.

2022 GF, unless you mean an all Melbourne grand final, which is (quite surprisingly) Collingwood St Kilda 14 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back